Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
When I ordered my Maxtow I could have ordered the Willys. I was tempted. It was literally like 3 days after it was leaked so it was all unknown. I'm still happy with what I got when I ordered my Sport S... the wheels and black accents aren't enough to change the cost for me and I got everything else but the rock rails in my order.

The JKU I traded in was a Sport S that I'd made into a Willys and that's more or less where I'm headed with my current Gladiator. I don't think you can go wrong with that order, but you can also build the same thing on a Sport S easily enough. I'm sure you'll end up enjoying whichever you get.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
On the JLU, Willys come with better shocks and LED headlights.

On the JT Willys I do not believe the LEDs are included.

On that note, are we sure that the shocks are actually upgraded on the JT Willys? I'd love to know for sure.
Based on the order sheet it appears to be the "same" as what's on the Sport S Max Tow, but red.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Oh ya?? Any more details? So the Willys is the better deal. Interesting! A red one would be sweet!
You can work out the better deal here.

Just playing with a Sport S vs Willys, it's about $1k more to get the Willys... losing Max Tow in the process. If you don't want Max Tow AND you want the badging... its definitely nice to get the Willys. The Popular Equipment package on the Sport S really makes it the best deal running though.

MemphisMississipp

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport Max Tow Pkg Gobi
Occupation
Retired Fed X truck driver
I’ve got sport with max tow plan on pulling teardrop. I’ve got all terrain bridge stones and they ride great!

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Let’s dial it back a bit. Lol. Was just looking for opinions if people thought it was worth it to buy the Willys package or upgrade things little by little on their own. Not life or death or anything. Don’t need anyone picking my clothes for me or calling my best friends wife. I’m good. Although my best friends wife is cute...

No, he has a point. Go to an internet forum and ask unknown strangers if something is worth the money.

Truth be told, NONE of the Gladiators are worth the money the dealers are charging. Manufacturer markup for profit, dealer mark up for profit, pretty much every new vehicle is overpriced. Don't anyone believe there's that much labor and material in any of them.

You have to decide if it's worth it to you and do you really want it.

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
No, he has a point. Go to an internet forum and ask unknown strangers if something is worth the money.

Truth be told, NONE of the Gladiators are worth the money the dealers are charging. Manufacturer markup for profit, dealer mark up for profit, pretty much every new vehicle is overpriced. Don't anyone believe there's that much labor and material in any of them.

You have to decide if it's worth it to you and do you really want it.
It’s perfectly fine to ask “strangers” if they think a package is worth its cost or if it makes more sense to build it out on your own based on real life experiences. No one is discussing dealer profits or markups. I’m merely asking a great and constructive forum, based on experiences, if they think it’s worth the cost.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
It’s perfectly fine to ask “strangers” if they think a package is worth its cost or if it makes more sense to build it out on your own based on real life experiences. No one is discussing dealer profits or markups. I’m merely asking a great and constructive forum, based on experiences, if they think it’s worth the cost.
And I answered that. None of them are worth the cost. But is it the vehicle you want and is it worth it to you.

The one I bought was worth it to me.

The one you're asking about is not worth it to me. Neither are any of the others save the Max Tow.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I do. Every time I ponder all the technology in my Gladiator, when I see the build quality everywhere I look, I am impressed at how much value for money is there.

It is the way they price out some of the options that gives some pause. I can totally see $2000 for auto trans, but not $1000 for LED lights, just to give an example.

But in any case, you make your choice and pay accordingly.

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
The Gladiator is priced high. As it was being released the FCA president said publicly it would be. It is a huge profit generator for the company
Sponsored