is there a setting to turn off the lights when parked

vance

First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator rubicon
Is there a setting to be able to turn off the front lights when parked and engine running
Sponsored

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Am i over simplifying things couldn't you just turn them off auto or do you mean you want it to turn off when you go into park and come back on when in drive???

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know and I have a similar question. How do I keep the headlights from coming on when I unlock the Gladiator and, how do I turn off the horn honk when locking it?

I ask because I found out how annoying that is to my fellow campers when I had to get into my Jeep late one night in Death Valley and I need to shut those features off at night.

OP
OP

vance

First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator rubicon
No I meant to ask if you are parked in a parking lot , engine running (winter) but would prefer no lights on shining at a neighbor parked across from you.
all new vehicles no have the daylight lights on even when the main switch is off ie parked with darkness engine on

OP
OP

vance

First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator rubicon
I don’t know and I have a similar question. How do I keep the headlights from coming on when I unlock the Gladiator and, how do I turn off the horn honk when locking it?

I ask because I found out how annoying that is to my fellow campers when I had to get into my Jeep late one night in Death Valley and I need to shut those features off at night.
there is a setting for when you unlock i think you can define what comes on

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I noticed that if you put the hand brake on it turns off the LEDs on the fenders. Only the halos around the headlights stay on. That might be an LED package thing.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen that as a regular complaint on some forums. Canada has a DRL law that requires lights to be on when the engine is running. The only time they turn off is when the parking brake is applied. That has probably been applied to all North American models, just to make programming easier.

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
The Tazer has a Dark Mode live setting that can turn off all lights while the engine is running
Sponsored