First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport, 2014 Manley ORV Original Trailer
Can’t wait for the LA Auto Show next month. Motor Trend ran a blurb a few months ago about a 2020 plug-in hybrid Jeep Wrangler and a plug-in hybrid Gladiator six months later.
That's my thought too. LA debut for the PHEV's.
Sponsored

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
If it is the plug in hybrid, I wonder how far you can go off roading on electric only. Would it let you use only electric in 4 low?

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
The JT has an option for a 120VAC outlet I. The bed, right side rear, near the tailgate.
Cheers
400W is not going to drive many power tools or an RV. I'm talking about a full 15/20 amp outlet or maybe even a 240V. With a battery big enough drive it for a significant amount of time. That could be an interesting feature for many people that want to run high power draw things off the beaten path without having to listen to or lug around a generator.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
If it is the plug in hybrid, I wonder how far you can go off roading on electric only. Would it let you use only electric in 4 low?
it might be like the pacifica hybrid where you can't control electric mode at all, its just handled by the computers.

the pacifica can drive 30miles on electric only as long as you don't push the accelerator pedal down too hard. The pacifica then recharges the battery with braking and extra engine power when not needed. It charges a ton when you're engine braking down a hill. Might be nice when putzing around a trail.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"