First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
The DC beltway is the worst. Like a demolition derby of diplomats and foreign nationals who can't drive as is plus all of suburbia and any other stereotype of driver with a healthy dose of Big Altima Energy.

@OP-- Sorry man. Hope you're okay and you come out 100% on the other side with repairs.
Sponsored

Lonewolfo6

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Well pending if anything moved or bent underneath, now is your chance to get that steel custom bumper.

Jeep Gladiator This is How Tough The Lifted Gladiator Can Be 1701404254203

IMG_3638.jpeg

Mad Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Far Northwest Deep East Texas in the Dirty South
Website
www.best-motorcycle.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Wrangler Sahara
I've been blessed more than I deserve.
Since 1850, my family has lived on a ridge
in this backwater county.

Generations have ventured out
but always returned
to this far northwest corner of Deep East Texas.

The nearest town has a population of 1500
and one flashing yellow light.
It's so small, the loop around town
is a straight line.

Mainstreet is dead but I like it.
In fact I hate to go to the county seat.
Too much traffic.

After 40 years in Houston
one really grows to appreciate country living.

But back on topic,
I have the steel rear bumper
that comes with a Rubicon.
But I splurged and added a 41.22 hitch
because it was red.
Now maybe it will pay for itself
when I get rear ended.

bLE0-uYfmtbSM501K4GySE8QnqEl8biPb2wBuRckzPH-=w2400.jpg

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
I think my hitch for the Max Tow is what has saved me so far. That hitch has taken a beating. I tried to show a pic of that, but you will have to zoom in. The receiver part of the hitch is bent down now. The bolts on the Hitch itself are bent where it attaches to the frame on the right side. Frame looks okay but I don’t know how it could be. The spare is full sized 37” BFG AT and it has been moved forward enough to have bent the heat shield. The Tereflex rear track bar for overland kit has a bend to clear the spare but it is really close to hitting it now.

I hate this because I’ve avoided so many accidents in this JT and in my Mustang. This time the JT has taken a beating. I am still driving it, but something in its rear alignment is messed up.. and that’s not good! I’m afraid to drive the 2013 32.000 mile GT coyote convertible right now. I have had to accelerate that GT out of a couple of accidents in the past two years. Good thing she is fast!

Jeep Gladiator This is How Tough The Lifted Gladiator Can Be bLE0-uYfmtbSM501K4GySE8QnqEl8biPb2wBuRckzPH-=w2400

Jeep Gladiator This is How Tough The Lifted Gladiator Can Be bLE0-uYfmtbSM501K4GySE8QnqEl8biPb2wBuRckzPH-=w2400

That demonstrates the value of body on frame. Frame damage is no good, but you can see the inherent strength of the design. Unibody may be stiffer, but having the hitch bolted in line with a big steel frame is resilient.

Sponsored

Jeeper44mag

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2018 JKU
Occupation
Detention
I think my hitch for the Max Tow is what has saved me so far. That hitch has taken a beating. I tried to show a pic of that, but you will have to zoom in. The receiver part of the hitch is bent down now. The bolts on the Hitch itself are bent where it attaches to the frame on the right side. Frame looks okay but I don’t know how it could be. The spare is full sized 37” BFG AT and it has been moved forward enough to have bent the heat shield. The Tereflex rear track bar for overland kit has a bend to clear the spare but it is really close to hitting it now.

I hate this because I’ve avoided so many accidents in this JT and in my Mustang. This time the JT has taken a beating. I am still driving it, but something in its rear alignment is messed up.. and that’s not good! I’m afraid to drive the 2013 32.000 mile GT coyote convertible right now. I have had to accelerate that GT out of a couple of accidents in the past two years. Good thing she is fast!
Sold my 2013 GT Premium Convertible Mustang to help fund the purchase of my new (to me) JTR. Sure do miss the 420 hp, and the ease of putting the top down (pretty much every day all year here in Central Florida), but I surely do love this Gladiator.

Luis

Reddog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Army. Retired Construction Manager / Contracting Officer
There are a lot of idiots out there. My city of Nashville has changed from its quaint Sothern Charm small town feel to the chaotic NY, Cali big city crazy. I love some aspects of the influx of new multicultural people, but not impressed with their impatient often aggressive driving style.

This year alone I close out with 4 incidents, this does not include probably 10 times someone has hit my sticking out wheels and tires (read poke) in traffic 🙆🏻.
I’ve had a weapon drawn on me twice for absolutely nothing, yes I carry but that is not the time nor place to engage a crazy person that very obviously has no idea about rules of engagement nor how to hold a weapon.
I’ve also been hit in the back of my gladiator twice in less than 2 months. Yes lass than two months!

both of the drivers that hit the gladiator were not from my home state of TN, and neither had insurance or a DL. Pictures below, the gladiator with the red focus accident happened a little over 24 hours ago. His car went under the JT hitting it really hard. This makes no sense, I wasn’t looking at rear view when this happened, because I was on an on ramp to the interstate from downtown Nashville. He must have been on his phone, fell behind as traffic moved forward, then floored his vehicle not realizing the traffic in front of him, including me and my beloved JT, were stopped in traffic again.

this driver got out of his totaled car, I asked him if he was okay, he simply said “I don’t have a driver’s license, turned and ran on foot back up the ramp until out of sight, never to come back. A true hit and run on all senses of the words!
I waited for 3.5 hours blocking more than half of the on-ramp yet people were able to get by, even semi trucks that missed me by 1” or less. People often yelling at me, flipping me off, getting out and telling me I had to move my truck because it’s the law… umm the police told me to stay put, and I couldn’t move anyway because the car was stuck under my truck!

glad my gladiator is lifted, glad I wasn’t carrying my expensive mountain bike on the rear. These trucks are tough. Though I think this time the hit and going under the JT bent the frame.

the first rear hit happened when I was turning into a hospital parking lot but still on a main road. A black Toyota Avalon hit me then and I did not get the front end pics of the Avalon. You can see the hood of that car pushed back to the windshield. A front view would show the total destruction the JT put on this car too. This guy had a father show up in another car 10 minutes after accident. The father was yelling at me in Farsi, I understood some of it but the hospital security officer knew more of the language than I did. The father was trying to get me to tell the police that he was driving the car, not his son. His son did not have a DL nor insurance. The son was cuffed and taken to jail. I was surprised by the police taking him into custody. I hadn’t had time to replace the rear bumper yet, so same bumper took the hit from the red ford as well.

I hear you. I keep a big pintle hitch on my JT year around. I have been rear ended at traffic stops three times by idiots who can't put their phone down while stopped at lights. Each time I came away unscathed but not the bumpee who hit me. That big old pintle hitch really raise heck with a grille but it also sends a subtle message to the driver behind me to not get too close. It has kept both my JK and now my JT damage free so not going to change anything in future. Whatever works.

Swordfish44

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Quality Engineer
"this driver got out of his totaled car, I asked him if he was okay, he simply said “I don’t have a driver’s license, turned and ran on foot back up the ramp until out of sight, never to come back. A true hit and run on all senses of the words!"

You didnt get a picture of the guy running away? That would have been hilarious to see. Haha!

dylanhack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for the post and glad you are OK! For the last 10 years, I've been putting Blackvue 2CH dash cams (front and rear) in my vehicles. Here in SoCal, hit and runs are daily occurrences. The Blackvues are good enough to capture license plates if the person takes off. I plan to put the following on my 2023 Gladiator. I'll hook up the rear after I eventually get a camper shell.

https://shop.blackvue.com/product/d...281.15026329.1701746534-1906588925.1701288430

P.S. And while police responding to a hit & run is a luck of the draw, the local Riverside PD are quick to track down down the perp if they have license and make/model--and a video.

Sponsored

OP
OP
XJADDICTION

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
"this driver got out of his totaled car, I asked him if he was okay, he simply said “I don’t have a driver’s license, turned and ran on foot back up the ramp until out of sight, never to come back. A true hit and run on all senses of the words!"

You didnt get a picture of the guy running away? That would have been hilarious to see. Haha!
I wish I had thought of that! When he popped the trunk opened as he got out of the stolen car, my mind was on a whole other level, and shooting a picture wasn’t one of them unfortunately. I’ve also had weapons pulled on me twice this year, two lessons learned.

1- don’t beep your horn after someone sits at green light for 10 seconds
2- when a woman throws a steel cup at the side of your JT because she thinks you should drive over the car in front of you so her driver can cut across traffic…. Don’t get out to look for any damage. The driver just might get out and point a 9 mm at you .
People have lost their minds driving these days. We don’t have enough police to stop them and even if they did they’d be back out on the street on an hour.
I am glad I have a lifted Jeep JT for many reasons, now I’ve found a few more!

OP
OP
XJADDICTION

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Tonight a guy in a Prius nearly ran into the back of me while I was stopped for a red light. Forget Jeep trail of honor badges. I think it’s time for some badges on the tailgate for kills! Little stickers of the cars the JT has taken out. Nothing like the smell of burning fluids and leaking antifreeze from a fresh kill!

Jeep Gladiator This is How Tough The Lifted Gladiator Can Be IMG_4642

Jeep Gladiator This is How Tough The Lifted Gladiator Can Be IMG_4643

Jeep Gladiator This is How Tough The Lifted Gladiator Can Be IMG_4545

Jeep Gladiator This is How Tough The Lifted Gladiator Can Be IMG_3774

Belcher24256

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Eco-Diesel
Occupation
Police Officer
There are a lot of idiots out there. My city of Nashville has changed from its quaint Sothern Charm small town feel to the chaotic NY, Cali big city crazy. I love some aspects of the influx of new multicultural people, but not impressed with their impatient often aggressive driving style.

This year alone I close out with 4 incidents, this does not include probably 10 times someone has hit my sticking out wheels and tires (read poke) in traffic 🙆🏻.
I’ve had a weapon drawn on me twice for absolutely nothing, yes I carry but that is not the time nor place to engage a crazy person that very obviously has no idea about rules of engagement nor how to hold a weapon.
I’ve also been hit in the back of my gladiator twice in less than 2 months. Yes lass than two months!

both of the drivers that hit the gladiator were not from my home state of TN, and neither had insurance or a DL. Pictures below, the gladiator with the red focus accident happened a little over 24 hours ago. His car went under the JT hitting it really hard. This makes no sense, I wasn’t looking at rear view when this happened, because I was on an on ramp to the interstate from downtown Nashville. He must have been on his phone, fell behind as traffic moved forward, then floored his vehicle not realizing the traffic in front of him, including me and my beloved JT, were stopped in traffic again.

this driver got out of his totaled car, I asked him if he was okay, he simply said “I don’t have a driver’s license, turned and ran on foot back up the ramp until out of sight, never to come back. A true hit and run on all senses of the words!
I waited for 3.5 hours blocking more than half of the on-ramp yet people were able to get by, even semi trucks that missed me by 1” or less. People often yelling at me, flipping me off, getting out and telling me I had to move my truck because it’s the law… umm the police told me to stay put, and I couldn’t move anyway because the car was stuck under my truck!

glad my gladiator is lifted, glad I wasn’t carrying my expensive mountain bike on the rear. These trucks are tough. Though I think this time the hit and going under the JT bent the frame.

the first rear hit happened when I was turning into a hospital parking lot but still on a main road. A black Toyota Avalon hit me then and I did not get the front end pics of the Avalon. You can see the hood of that car pushed back to the windshield. A front view would show the total destruction the JT put on this car too. This guy had a father show up in another car 10 minutes after accident. The father was yelling at me in Farsi, I understood some of it but the hospital security officer knew more of the language than I did. The father was trying to get me to tell the police that he was driving the car, not his son. His son did not have a DL nor insurance. The son was cuffed and taken to jail. I was surprised by the police taking him into custody. I hadn’t had time to replace the rear bumper yet, so same bumper took the hit from the red ford as well.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/worst-drivers-by-state

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200

Belcher24256

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Eco-Diesel
Occupation
Police Officer
They are missing a couple states.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/utah/worst-drivers-ut/

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/12/6/23494937/utah-has-the-worst-drivers-in-the-united-states

Utah ranks first in speeding, second in citations, fifth in accidents and eighth in DUIs
There are several studies each use some of the same criteria while adding more and different criteria and factoring it all in by percentage. I just picked the one that had TN in the top ten. Just seemed like it fits considering how many times the original poster has been hit by a bad driver.
Sponsored