Sponsored

ISO PICS: Badland Apex winch with stock steel bumper with mopar winch bar- Can it fit with Mopar bar?

Gobi1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Wondering if Badland Apex winch will work with the mopar bumper bar... appreciate the help crew
Sponsored

DazedFred

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Greyish Dirty Rubi
Occupation
Project Manager and Planner
It "works" however there is a slight issue that I have found.

I am still brainstorming how exactly I want to fix this without doing toooooo much damage to editing the components of each.
Jeep Gladiator ISO PICS: Badland Apex winch with stock steel bumper with mopar winch bar- Can it fit with Mopar bar? spoil

Bobchadwickga

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Insurance
I took a Dremel with a cutting tool to it and shaved the end off though that was only to clear the bumper. I'm getting the 3 hoop Mopar bumper bar for Christmas. Looks like I'll be doing some more trimming.

Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I ain't trimming nothing when the time comes. May seem small but further more reason to go Warn I guess.

I know for a fact the Warn Zeon series works with the Mopar bull bar since I installed one for a friend. I assume the VR EVO series one's will work too. Wasn't opposed to Apex Badlands initially but this may be what I needed to make my decision

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I actually removed the set-screw of the handle and you can then turn it either direction. Honestly, all you have to do is pull it out (remove it) - does same as turning it. There is enough friction with the O-Ring to keep it on without the set screw.

Jeep Gladiator ISO PICS: Badland Apex winch with stock steel bumper with mopar winch bar- Can it fit with Mopar bar? 1670771550379

Jeep Gladiator ISO PICS: Badland Apex winch with stock steel bumper with mopar winch bar- Can it fit with Mopar bar? 1670771566386

KSP938

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Occupation
Trooper
If you have any doubt about the Apex watch what they go thru on YouTube. Matt's Offroad puts these things thru the ringer and just keep going.
As far as knob just trim it. Works perfectly fine.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I have that setup. This is the only pic on my phone but yeah, no problems, it works well.
B801DB9E-D41E-4A5D-9A28-FAB87B95CBE4.jpeg

So no trimming required on your set up with the Apex? Any better close up pics?

I'm thinking the trimming of the handle to clear the bull bar that others are speaking of, may possibly vary depending on what winch plate people are using with the Apex. I know generally speaking there can slight differences in measurements on the actual winch mounting placement based off the brand of plate and it's particular mounting locations. Which I feel like could possibly determine whether trimming of the handle is necessary to clear the bumpers bull bar for some. I could be wrong. But doubt I am and could be the reasoning on why some would say it works without modifications versus any handle trimming. Basically, Warns winch plate for example may have different mounting distances measuring from L to R/ F to B on that plate itself, than say JCR Offroads plate, etc. Exactly why some plates have slotted style holes.

What brand plate are you running with your Mopar bumper?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If you have any doubt about the Apex watch what they go thru on YouTube. Matt's Offroad puts these things thru the ringer and just keep going.
As far as knob just trim it. Works perfectly fine.

Jeep Gladiator ISO PICS: Badland Apex winch with stock steel bumper with mopar winch bar- Can it fit with Mopar bar? image

Jeep Gladiator ISO PICS: Badland Apex winch with stock steel bumper with mopar winch bar- Can it fit with Mopar bar? image
Yup - cut mine off on the band saw and rounded the edges of the cut a bit to make it look more finished.

Jeep Gladiator ISO PICS: Badland Apex winch with stock steel bumper with mopar winch bar- Can it fit with Mopar bar? 20220829_104645_HDR

Jeep Gladiator ISO PICS: Badland Apex winch with stock steel bumper with mopar winch bar- Can it fit with Mopar bar? 1671513174739

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So no trimming required on your set up with the Apex? Any better close up pics?

I'm thinking the trimming of the handle to clear the bull bar that others are speaking of, may possibly vary depending on what winch plate people are using with the Apex. I know generally speaking there can slight differences in measurements on the actual winch mounting placement based off the brand of plate and it's particular mounting locations. Which I feel like could possibly determine whether trimming of the handle is necessary to clear the bumpers bull bar for some. I could be wrong. But doubt I am and could be the reasoning on why some would say it works without modifications versus any handle trimming. Basically, Warns winch plate for example may have different mounting distances measuring from L to R/ F to B on that plate itself, than say JCR Offroads plate, etc. Exactly why some plates have slotted style holes.

What brand plate are you running with your Mopar bumper?
Can't shift the winch left or right - check the clearance to the frame ends -
Up or down is determined by the plate - and I'd bet most of those position a winch fairly similar due to the opening in the bumper.
Reward is limited by the grill clearance if you leave the electrics on top of the winch. Maybe could come forward a tad if you moved the electrics to under the hood.

Jeep Gladiator ISO PICS: Badland Apex winch with stock steel bumper with mopar winch bar- Can it fit with Mopar bar? 20221006_103958_HDR

Jeep Gladiator ISO PICS: Badland Apex winch with stock steel bumper with mopar winch bar- Can it fit with Mopar bar? 20221006_104033

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Yup - cut mine off on the band saw and rounded the edges of the cut a bit to make it look more finished.
Yeah I'm seeing more people than not speak of trimming the handle with this Winch when running any kind of bull bar. As mentioned before, I have a winch capable bumper but don't have a winch as of yet cause I've really been torn on which winch and plate combo to run. I really wouldn't mind running the Apex when the time comes but I'm not a fan of trimming anything and I definitely want to keep my bull bar look. Probably seems like a small thing, but still I'm just OCD on the little things at times, plus I feel like you shouldn't have to. Thats why I'm curious what full set up @UsuallyLost is running since he claims to have not had to modify.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I'm seeing more people than not speak of trimming the handle with this Winch when running any kind of bull bar. As mentioned before, I have a winch capable bumper but don't have a winch as of yet cause I've really been torn on which winch and plate combo to run. I really wouldn't mind running the Apex when the time comes but I'm not a fan of trimming anything and I definitely want to keep my bull bar look. Probably seems like a small thing, but still I'm just OCD on the little things at times, plus I feel like you shouldn't have to. Thats why I'm curious what full set up @UsuallyLost is running since he claims to have not had to modify.
And here I thought I was king of OCD LOL
I figured trimming that meant not touching anything as far as the truck. And the lever seems really long for as easy as it was to turn anyway. As long as I could make it look decent - I was ok with it.
And the winch otherwise has fantastic reviews, inexpensive, etc. so it was a balanced out thing for me.
For me, the bar was a good thing living where the deer attack passing vehicles at the drop of a hat.
I even had a friend ask about the setup because he's looking to get his wife a Jeep and they live out in the sticks more remote than us.

If there's a way, I'd also like to know how they did it...........

One thing that could help a bit is the bumper spacer plates a member here sells - moves the bumper forward a bit. I didn't trim a whole lot off mine.

Jeep Gladiator ISO PICS: Badland Apex winch with stock steel bumper with mopar winch bar- Can it fit with Mopar bar? 1671514455341
Sponsored