Sponsored

Badland Apex Winch

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I ordered the Warn unit for my rubicon clone bumper. It didn't come in time so ended up with the one that came with the bumper. I plan to swap them one free weekend. I dont trust the steel on the one that I installed. Its about half as thick as the warn one.
Sponsored

Gobi1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Best to find a bumper that's got a winch plate built in, which most of them do. I have the rugged ridge spartan high clearance bumper on mine and it has the bar and winch plate on it. Only thing I'll tell you is the Badlands apex isn't going to be on sale on black Friday, just the Badlands ZXR for like $110 off. If you find it on sale then I suggest getting it now instead of waiting until black Friday. Maybe get the bumper then. Here's a picture of my bumper, winch combo

PXL_20201022_101225057.NIGHT~2.jpg

PXL_20201022_101110975.PORTRAIT.jpg
looks great! How did you pain the fairlead? Is the paint holding up ?

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
looks great! How did you pain the fairlead? Is the paint holding up ?
Sanded it down and Bed lined it. It held up for a little bit but now I bought a black one that is already powder coated. Be best to find someone to sandblast it and powder coat it.

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
I am about to pull the trigger on a Winch and front bumper. I've already pretty much figured out which bumper I want but I'm between the Badland 12,000 Apex Winch and the regular Badland 12,000 winch and harbor freight. I know some are going to start bashing these winches immediately but I'm not hearing it because I ran one on my JKU for almost 6 yrs with no issues and I got a buddy running one on a car trailor for close to 10 yrs now. I know they are good winches for the money if you take care of them and use them right. My issue is how much better is the Apex compared to the regular one. I know Apex has synthetic Line and wireless remote comes with it but as far as getting the job done is there a huge difference. The Apex is on sale for $499.00 right now and the regular one is $289.00, I'm trying to justify the extra $200.

https://www.harborfreight.com/ZXR-1...Remote-Control-and-Automatic-Brake-63770.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/APEX-Synthetic-12000-lb-Wireless-Winch-56385.html

Pay no attention to the price listed on the Apex, I got a coupon with the $499 sale price on it. Any help would be appreciated.
Look at opening a HF Account, usually 100 off first purchase
Wife and I did that for each of our jeeps, got the apex with synthetic rope for under 400 ea

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Look at opening a HF Account, usually 100 off first purchase
Wife and I did that for each of our jeeps, got the apex with synthetic rope for under 400 ea
I actually ended up getting it for $380 without doing anything. My buddy was the manager at Harbor Freight in Kannapolis and he stacked 2 coupons and then gave me his price on it which put me out the door with the 2yr warranty for $380, that was June of 2020 and it's held up like a champ and I've used it quite a few times.

Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Ive only used mine 3 times, but it worked without issue each time. One recovery of myself, one to pull someone up a muddy hill, and once to pull my tractor out of a wet ditch. I dont know about the duty cycle, didnt abuse it, pulled a few feet and let it cool for a min or two, then continued. I have the syn line

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I received the same email yesterday. Have to read the fine print, It is actually 10% off since the winch will be over $50.

Jeep Gladiator Badland Apex Winch Coupon

lol thats funny. 30% off entire store no exclusions! excluding winches because theyre over $50.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
lol thats funny. 30% off entire store no exclusions! excluding winches because theyre over $50.
In their defense it does say UP TO 30% off so no guarantee in that writing that everything will be 30% off.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, typical Harbor Freight shenanigans. They did have a 25% off coupon right before Christmas that would have covered it but it was a narrow window.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Yeah, typical Harbor Freight shenanigans. They did have a 25% off coupon right before Christmas that would have covered it but it was a narrow window.
I just laugh at marketing. Always trying to twist words to make things seem significantly better than they are to coerce people to buy things. But they all do that.