First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Had our 2021 gladiator for s month now . Yesterday was the first day we took off the doors. I was hesitant due to all the front door connector problems ive heard about. So went ahead and did it . Had s great day , until. Sfyer i put doors back on , the powers mirrors wouldnt work . The passenger door wasnt showing it was connected. Open door, no interior light, no open
Door symbol on dash And wouldnt turn radio off when you open door . I looked at pins and they were a couple a little bent . I straightened them up and everything seems to work right except one thing . Before i took doors off when i would get in the jeep the 8.4 screen would come up jeep and a jeep would go across bottom if screen and it said lost but never stuck then id turn ignition on and it would come up with uconnect and an accept button thrn go to main screen . Now it doesnt do any of that and when i cut ignition on the screen just goes straight to main screen . Is there still s connector issue? As long as many issues with this you would think they would have a better connector. Im not happy at all. My first jeep , and main reason was a little off roading And to remove the doors . I guess i wont be doing that anymore. ,always been a chevy man. Now I know why. Should have stuck with chevrolet.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
Damn. Sounds like you made starting up more efficient and faster! What pins did you bend again. Need it for my notes.

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
It was passenger side the small ones that are 3 on top and i think 4 on bottom . I just looked in connector and they had a little lean to them

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX570, Model Y
There are some tips on here on how to reconnect the plug so as to minimize the risk of bending pins

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Yea you've got to be super careful putting the connectors back together. Gotta make sure it's totally straight and seats well and let the clip do all the work. Any resistance and pins are gonna bend.

You can use a flathead screwdriver to pop the connector off the wall of the truck, and it's much easier to see what's bent. There are a lot more pins on the driver side so I'd start there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
so there still may be a bent pin causing screen to not come on the same?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, hope you figure this out. All this time on the forum and this is the first ive read about this happening

GrubbyBaja

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Just wait until you try to put the doors back on your Chevy ;). Seriously though, it does sound like there may still be a pin not aligned. I have the Rubicon with 7" screen so I'm sure mine is a bit different, but I do know when I open the door the screen activates and does something (never really paid attention to exactly what it says).

Regarding the connector, as others have said there are numerous threads regarding these connectors. To save you some searching, here is the synopsis: when putting the connector back together, DO NOT TRY TO FULLY SEAT IT BY HAND. Simply align the male/female parts where the two plastic nubs on the sides of the male piece align with the matching slots in the female part, stop pushing at this point. Now rotate the plastic arm of the female part such that it will pull the male connector into the female connector. If the arm will not rotate, the connectors are not aligned.

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Ok thanks grubby , oh yeah cant take chevy doors off , well I could but the next 2 hours would be spent realigning the doors, hahaha. reluctantly ill take driver side apart and look , ughhh

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Forrest Gumps was right. Taking your doors off is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your're going to get inside. Somtimes the ESS won't work. Next time the passenger mirror won't adjust but the driver's does. Proximity locks works one time doesn't work the next.
I wish I knew which pins did what so I wouldn't keep trying to straighten them and mess something else up next time I plug the doors back in. If I can't get everything working I'm going to have the dealer replace the plug and start over.

Sponsored

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
If you haven't already, when you go to put the plugs back together you may want to check the female/door side plug for damage. The bent pins on mine had chewed up the plastic quite a bit around the opening. I just took a pocket knife and made sure they were smooth and not likely to catch on the pins.

Ankh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '10 commander
Occupation
Steel
Vehicle Showcase
"always been a chevy man. Now I know why. Should have stuck with chevrolet"

I'll gladly become a chevy guy if you can guarantee me zero problems with the truck (which would greatly differ from my previousexperience withthat brand). And I'll pay a premium to boot.

OP
OP
bowtiejc

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Just saying all the chevys ive had havent been trouble free . But they stood behind there vehicle, in my case they have . But to make a jeep with removable doors , which is a great thing , and have do many issues with these connectors and then have dealers its not covered under warranty, but they promote door and top removal . It just pisses me off . I loved my mojave for the 2060 miles ive driven it . And 1st enjoying it with the doors of , everything goes to crap. And i was extra careful reinstalling them because id already read about this problem