Steering issue after Mopar lift

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Honestly though, easiest thing you can do for the time being is lower the tire pressure. in 37's, anything over 33 psi is way too high. and 33 psi is being conservative.

Have you tried the chalk test on your tires? I know you said you put the stocks back on, but it seems to be a standard that they are coming over inflated as well.

But again, I bet it is your axle being out of alignment. The dealership may have done an alignment twice, but an actual jeep/offroad shop will put caster, pinion correct as well as center the axle correctly. I have had the same thing done at 3 different dealers with a hard right pull on my first JK until I went to an 4x4 shop. If you dont want to deal with it yourself go to Globex Performance. They are one of the best 4x4 shops in the tri-state area, and are located in Jersey.
Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Honestly though, easiest thing you can do for the time being is lower the tire pressure. in 37's, anything over 33 psi is way too high. and 33 psi is being conservative.

Have you tried the chalk test on your tires? I know you said you put the stocks back on, but it seems to be a standard that they are coming over inflated as well.

But again, I bet it is your axle being out of alignment. The dealership may have done an alignment twice, but an actual jeep/offroad shop will put caster, pinion correct as well as center the axle correctly. I have had the same thing done at 3 different dealers with a hard right pull on my first JK until I went to an 4x4 shop. If you dont want to deal with it yourself go to Globex Performance. They are one of the best 4x4 shops in the tri-state area, and are located in Jersey.

Only thing is the Mopar lift doesn't come with adjustable control arms. Toe doesn't get touched during this install either. Kinda weird.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Only thing is the Mopar lift doesn't come with adjustable control arms. Toe doesn't get touched during this install either. Kinda weird.
Hmmm, wonder how they address the change in Caster, lower or lift and caster changes, toe should not and unless things have changed camber is set when the build that axle for that vehicle line.

Toe can have a toe out/in on one wheel and not on the other if you adjust the connecting bar from one end only, I have seen that happen. Not sure what the front suspension looks like, but if you have an adjustable connection on both ends of the connecting it would be possible to over/under extend one side, your steering wheel might stay centered, but a pull to the right could occur...

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So true, guess they figure not enough change to matter, which is tru for 2".

Toe... is not messed with in a basic lift. So really strange for it to pull in this case

OP
OP
mvc004

mvc004

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Volvo XC90 R-Design

Funny you mention that. Are you familiar with OK 4WD? I had a lifted Sierra Denali that they did, awesome job, great people. Being primarily a jeep shop, the dealer reached out to them to get an opinion. We decided to go with an adjustable rear track bar under the assumption that the axles off. It should be here early next week...
http://evomfg.com/EVO-MFG-Products/Jeep-Gladiator-JT/suspension upgrades?product_id=619

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Some good stuff below. Remember to be sure the angles remain the same between the trackbar and drag link afterward to avoid bumpsteer issues, and be sure they use extra thick bolts to avoid play in the mounts down the road (wobble issue). Little more work going with the lift but should be awesome once it's dialed in.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/post-lift-alignment.20844/

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny you mention that. Are you familiar with OK 4WD? I had a lifted Sierra Denali that they did, awesome job, great people. Being primarily a jeep shop, the dealer reached out to them to get an opinion. We decided to go with an adjustable rear track bar under the assumption that the axles off. It should be here early next week...
http://evomfg.com/EVO-MFG-Products/Jeep-Gladiator-JT/suspension upgrades?product_id=619
Yes maybe a tad, but for all the lifts that have been installed why has that not been an issue so far?

OP
OP
mvc004

mvc004

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes maybe a tad, but for all the lifts that have been installed why has that not been an issue so far?
I'm with ya on that. Who knows. There have been quite a few people with the Mopar lift and 37's and no problems. Again, not really sure what the issue is. Hopefully the track bar solves it.
I did take off the Fox steering stabilizer and replaced it with the stock one. I noticed a difference, but it wasn't a total fix.
For now, I'm leaving the Fox SS on and we'll get that rear track bar on next week and see what happens.
If it's not fixed, I'll try swapping the SS to see if it makes a difference.
One step at a time!

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm with ya on that. Who knows. There have been quite a few people with the Mopar lift and 37's and no problems. Again, not really sure what the issue is. Hopefully the track bar solves it.
I did take off the Fox steering stabilizer and replaced it with the stock one. I noticed a difference, but it wasn't a total fix.
For now, I'm leaving the Fox SS on and we'll get that rear track bar on next week and see what happens.
If it's not fixed, I'll try swapping the SS to see if it makes a difference.
One step at a time!
Which Fox do you have....the 2.0 with adjustable bypass?

OP
OP
mvc004

mvc004

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
But have you checked it? Pulling to the right means they didn't do it right.
sounds like the did it "to the right", not right, correct?, lol

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
What Mark Doiron said can't be stressed enough. Also, put the stock steering stabilizer back on and leave it on. Aftermarket ones are notorious for causing slight pulling issues.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What Mark Doiron said can't be stressed enough. Also, put the stock steering stabilizer back on and leave it on. Aftermarket ones are notorious for causing slight pulling issues.
Very true/

looks like Fox Racing Shox 985-24-173 2.0 Performance series is not adjustable. So could be pushing you right. I have the
Fox® Racing Shox 2.0 Performance Series ATS Steering Stabilizer and it gave me problems until I backed the valve off to setting 7 (of 24)