Sponsored

Issue having dealer install a brake controller

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
May want to at least tell us the dealers that your not getting help from so others dont go there. Apparently none of them can research at all. To me sounds like they just dont want to deal with it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Chaswell

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Not the dealers fault, it’s corporate. There about selling vehicles. So far all I get is the harness is on back order, in development.
Also got: this is common with all manufacturers, sure other manufacturers sell a vehicle with a class IV hitch “tow package” with no means to add a brake controller limiting the safe tow capacity to under 1000 lbs according to their own owners manual. Excuses excuses, own it, priority is selling!

Deleted member 22728

As the others have stated, the connector is located underdash. Use the Tekonsha P3 on both the EcoD Grand and the Gladiator with no issues. The pigtail is available on Bamazon, as well as other retail outlets.

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
Not the dealers fault, it’s corporate. There about selling vehicles. So far all I get is the harness is on back order, in development.
Also got: this is common with all manufacturers, sure other manufacturers sell a vehicle with a class IV hitch “tow package” with no means to add a brake controller limiting the safe tow capacity to under 1000 lbs according to their own owners manual. Excuses excuses, own it, priority is selling!
Chuck,

If you are installing the Mopar factory brake controller there is no extra harness required. Everything comes in a single kit with a part number of 82215652AB. Nothing is in development. I have this exact controller install in my JTR. Cheers!

OP
OP

Chaswell

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
A corporate contract called me and told me the dealerships were getting the wrong information. Like many people on many threads have said you don’t need a harness on the JT’s to install a Mopar brake controller. The corporate contract had a brake controller overnighted and the dealer installed it at no charge.

Sponsored

Kgrass

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Retired
It's a 2021 Diesel with tow package. Talked with 2 different dealer service departments same answer, need the additional harness. In development. Thanks
I also have a 2021 JT Diesel with a tow package and I am also missing the trailer brake controller plug. with the recommended wiring harness on back order, how did you overcome this?

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
I also have a 2021 JT Diesel with a tow package and I am also missing the trailer brake controller plug. with the recommended wiring harness on back order, how did you overcome this?
You missed reading the later posts. All Gladiators have the plug. No extra parts needed to install the Mopar controller. I believe the backordered harness is for the Wranglers. One of the places the 2 vehicles are different.

See here:
https://www.moparonlineparts.com/sku/82215652.html

Jeep Gladiator Issue having dealer install a brake controller 1628646946743

OP
OP

Chaswell

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Contacted Jeep cares, no additional harness required. Mine works perfectly, no issues pulling and stopping 27 ft. Winnebago.
Chuck

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Here's pretty much everything you need to know. I've posted all of this in several other areas over the months.

All Jeeps Gladiators have the necessary harness.
If there's a 7 position connector in the back bumper, then it's all there ready to go. (and I've not seen any without that personally)

Here's the stuff to show a dealer, including what to do if the dash lights up with errors (which was resolved with later build 2020s and all 2021s)

Attachments

Kgrass

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You missed reading the later posts. All Gladiators have the plug. No extra parts needed to install the Mopar controller. I believe the backordered harness is for the Wranglers. One of the places the 2 vehicles are different.

See here:
https://www.moparonlineparts.com/sku/82215652.html

Jeep Gladiator Issue having dealer install a brake controller 1628646946743
I had almost all of my drivers side dash taken apart, I removed my speaker pod and the only plug I located was this plug. Not sure what purpose This plug serves?

01E6D270-76D1-4CAA-8E1F-4B620BC2889E.jpeg

529787EE-13BF-4277-8F05-E703CF8E7EF6.jpeg

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It's not in or under the dash. It's taped to a wire bundle along the left kick panel. No need to get into the dash to find it. There's a fat bundle of wires going up the left kick panel area and the connector is taped to that bundle.
It will be a square connector with 4 wires.

Kgrass

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It's not in or under the dash. It's taped to a wire bundle along the left kick panel. No need to get into the dash to find it. There's a fat bundle of wires going up the left kick panel area and the connector is taped to that bundle.
It will be a square connector with 4 wires.
Thanks I appreciate it.
Sponsored