Redarc Brake Controller Install Location

Canada318

First Name
Rikky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Following up with proof that it can be done! Only caveat is the supplied cat6 Ethernet cable does not allow for the head unit to install in that location. I bought a monoprice slimrun cable, and that gave me room and flexibility to fit the cable. I am not sure if there will be interference to the main unit, but if I push the button on the remote head, the blue led lights up. I don’t have a trailer yet to test if this cable will cause issues. I would like to think it won’t.

9D0A7C0F-5606-46AA-833D-48F0C46FED29.jpeg
Just wanted to check in with you and see if you’ve been able to run a trailer yet to make sure your not having any issues. I just got my redard trailer brake and am debating on trying your way of setting up the controller. Thanks
Sponsored

Sunbeam63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to check in with you and see if you’ve been able to run a trailer yet to make sure your not having any issues. I just got my redard trailer brake and am debating on trying your way of setting up the controller. Thanks
Hey Canada318,

I actually did use this about two weeks ago (about a year after I installed it), and it worked great. I played around with the dial and everything works as intended.

If you do go the route I installed it, take your time with the plastic, there is a lot of filing and fitting. A dremel would be handy too. Be sure to get the cable I linked in my previous post, a standard Ethernet cable is too big to squeeze in there.

Good luck and let me know if you have questions!

CableDog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator HA
Just got done installing mine. The controller is in the typical spot under the steering and the button on the left dash. I already had the old dash panel off and installing a new one as part of installing the bed inverter switch so I found spots for the Genesis G Screen button and another for the Redarc button.

IMG_2969.jpeg
Sponsored