Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody else see the ridiculous Road & Track article about this? They paint it as Jeep copying Bronco as it's an option for it already (like you can get your hands on a Bronco, but that's beside the point). They mention in passing that Bestop is making it and that it's been around for Jeeps well before the Bronco showed up.

Weak, clickbaity article.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody else see the ridiculous Road & Track article about this? They paint it as Jeep copying Bronco as it's an option for it already (like you can get your hands on a Bronco, but that's beside the point). They mention in passing that Bestop is making it and that it's been around for Jeeps well before the Bronco showed up.

Most articles on the internet are mostly clickbait these days. Gone are the "we write interesting news articles to sell magazines". Now it's to get clicks - and the more misleading the headline, the better. I take most web-based auto blogs - and that's all they are now as even I could write for them - for what they are.
Jeep people will be laughing at that article, Ford people will be saying "told ya so" and the rest who cares.

Last edited:

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta admit, after a friend stopped by and showed his on his JT - it's awfully tempting. It might just make my wife more open to panels out, too. Iowa - they predict NO rain and we get 5". They predict 90% chance and it's a sunny day. No wonder my son decided against meteorology as a major.....

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Gotta admit, after a friend stopped by and showed his on his JT - it's awfully tempting. It might just make my wife more open to panels out, too. Iowa - they predict NO rain and we get 5". They predict 90% chance and it's a sunny day. No wonder my son decided against meteorology as a major.....
I'm a firm believer that this is the best money you can spend on a hard top Jeep.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs

I read that article too. I was going to come on here to complain about it, but I see you already beat me to it. I think sunriders have been around since the JK, before the new bronco was even a prototype. I like the bronco but that article is ridiculous. Especially since the Bronco, even the original one, was an attempt to gain Jeep marketshare by Ford. But then again, I guess Fod kind of helped design the original MB Jeep, so it all goes full-circle.
Anyway, stupid article.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Gladiator Models mullet

I'm not one to wear a fish. Eat, yes - wear, no.

SoCalGlad

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Race Driving Instructor +
Not understanding the pricing of the Sunrider from the factory at $895. You can get it from Bestop's website right now for $850, and they run rebates from time to time. If it's going to be a factory option, then economies of scale should bring that price point down to ~$700-$750 and they'd sell a lot more. Only people who would buy it now are those that don't know any better, unless there is something better about the factory one. I must be missing something...
Might try this link at $704.55 or see if you have another supplier that you use that can price match.
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-sunrider-top-82216370aa
Hope this helps you out.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Might try this link at $704.55 or see if you have another supplier that you use that can price match.
https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-sunrider-top-82216370aa
Hope this helps you out.
Hey thanks for looking out! I've already got mine and love it! I got it around Black Friday at that price. I was really just commenting on why it would cost more as a factory option, which seems to be cost of convenience.

BAM is a great resource though! I need to remember to double check there on other purchases

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I know man. They did a great job on the JL and JT. I wasn't happy that they changed the angle of the windshield but it was inevitable in today's political climate. They seriously missed the mark with how the soft top comes down on both jl and jt. They sacrificed the minimalist, open look for ease of use and more hardware and it looks like ass when it's not closed up. I'd rather have a canvas top that leaked and fastened to riveted buttons on the body panels than be caught in a factory top in the down position.

If you hate it so bad, and you don’t worry about the interior getting wet, you should have gone with a hard top and a Bimini top.

It would have checked your minimalist look box and set aside your self conscious fears…

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
If you hate it so bad, and you don’t worry about the interior getting wet, you should have gone with a hard top and a Bimini top.

It would have checked your minimalist look box and set aside your self conscious fears…
I have a hardtop sweetheart but I'd like a softop that looked as good as my jk when down. It's not about being self conscious, it's about not wanting a top on my jeep that looks like it was designed for teenage girls to he able to easily operate.

jenkij

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
For me it would be the Jeep warranty so much easier for me to go to the dealer then have to ship to bestop if an issue happens
I had one break on me and Bestop immediately shipped me another one, I actually kept the broken one

flyil

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator HA Snazzberry
Have had one for a few weeks now and is my favorite accessory. Was wondering the other day why it's not a factory option...but that was solved quickly!

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase