Sponsored

Jeep cares

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Just wondering, what exactly is the cluster doing? Is it the backlights for the analog and/or LCD display?
Sponsored

Reactions: Mac
OP
OP
Redneckpanda

Redneckpanda

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Absolutely agree 100%. As long as they get it in the notes, along with the miles on the clock when you reported it - that's all you care about, that's all most of us would care about. Totally reasonable.

We don't know how close to the edge of miles in warranty you are, so anything else is speculation on the part of anyone else.
Don't even mention the dealership, etc. if you are serious about even nicely pursuing things. That loses yo leverage and presenting yourself as the harmed party.
Oh for sure not mentioning them. I put anywhere from 1200 1500 miles a week for work and play. I'm sitting just shy of 32k, appointment is October 19th.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Analog cluster. They work intermittently.
I can tell you that will be a straight up cluster swap and most dealers will make you park it while they source and program the new cluster mileage. A good dealer will give you a loaner but obviously you are not dealing with a good dealer.

Hopefully the warranty thing works out for you.

OP
OP
Redneckpanda

Redneckpanda

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I can tell you that will be a straight up cluster swap and most dealers will make you park it while they source and program the new cluster mileage. A good dealer will give you a loaner but obviously you are not dealing with a good dealer.

Hopefully the warranty thing works out for you.

Thank you, I know it'll probably be that. I used to work for a Jeep dealership. That's how I know this whole thing is complete bs.

The GM was all ready to help me until they found out my 50k+ check I wrote didn't go to their dealership. I caught him lying left and right.

FCA obviously doesn't care how dealerships are representing the brand.

Sponsored

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Thank you, I know it'll probably be that. I used to work for a Jeep dealership. That's how I know this whole thing is complete bs.

The GM was all ready to help me until they found out my 50k+ check I wrote didn't go to their dealership. I caught him lying left and right.

FCA obviously doesn't care how dealerships are representing the brand.
That's what I'm most concerned about---dealers here in the St Louis/St Charles MO area laugh at me when I request ordering under invoice. So I'm going to buy from Travis at Tri-City in NC. Very concerned that these same dealerships will slow roll or not help me at all when they find out I bought out of state.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I'm most concerned about---dealers here in the St Louis/St Charles MO area laugh at me when I request ordering under invoice. So I'm going to buy from Travis at Tri-City in NC. Very concerned that these same dealerships will slow roll or not help me at all when they find out I bought out of state.
That's really sad when dealers act that way. When we got my JT and then a year later, my wife's WK2, the dealers here said they couldn't afford to do discounts, never heard of the affiliate program and couldn't do that and on and on about how they'd be stuck with our trades.
So for her WK2 we went to Spirit Lake (4 hours away) and were treated great.
But a month later her Jeep had severe misfire issues. I diagnosed it as far as I could and took it to a close-by Jeep dealer shop. They looked over the logs I gathered from her Jeep, got it right in and it was fixed the next day - no balking, no arguing, no hesitation. Got it right in, they did scratch their heads a while as by the time it got there it was doing fine, but they ended up digging and digging and finding some obscure TSB - and resolved it. I told them up front it came from hours away just to see how they'd react, so it was no secret. They didn't even blink.

Now why can't they all be like that???????

Some of these areas must be frustrating as heck to try to get things done.

St Louis area - I wonder who owns those dealerships? Sometimes they are all connected under the same corporate umbrella. It seems to impact the sales tactics worse than the shops, though. The shop at Dewey at times almost seems like an independent entity from the rest.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
The real reason that they won't open a repair order is that the "down in shop" clock starts that day. The days down counts toward lemon law buy back.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Meh, they'll be covering attorney fees
My dealer didn't offer a loner and when asked they stated they put they in inventory.
Just a heads up. Alternate transportation is a courtesy and administered as goodwill. Its not part of your warranty.
Sponsored