Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
Far Out! Jeep® Brand Debuts Gladiator Overlander “Farout” Concept
  • Jeep® Farout: A fully capable overlander concept that leverages the new Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel’s best-in-class fuel range to reach even more remote places
  • Jeep Farout concept builds on popularity of the Jeep Wayout concept from last year’s Moab Easter Jeep Safari lineup
  • Jeep Gladiator’s class-leading 4x4 payload allows for a full roof-top tent, and EcoDiesel’s fuel range lets customers go even further on a single tank
  • Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel achieves 28 mpg highway and goes on sale in the third quarter of 2020; open for customer orders now
August 12, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Jeep® brand has introduced its new Gladiator Farout concept, a true overlanding vehicle that leverages the Jeep Gladiator’s class-leading 4x4 payload and fuel-efficient, long-range-capable 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine.

The Jeep Gladiator Farout concept was originally intended to debut at the Moab Easter Jeep Safari in April 2020. It builds on the popularity of the Jeep Wayout concept from the 2019 Moab Easter Jeep Safari event.

“Although we didn’t get to celebrate in Moab this year with our latest round of concept vehicles, we’re pleased to introduce the Jeep Farout concept today as a vehicle that blends Gladiator EcoDiesel’s fuel efficiency with an area of features fans of overlanding will love,” said Jim Morrison, Head of Jeep Brand – FCA North America. “Building on the popularity of last year’s Gladiator Wayout concept, and as overlanding continues to grow in popularity, this year’s Farout concept is another opportunity to gather feedback from our passionate customer base.”

The Jeep Farout concept features the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine, which joins the Gladiator lineup for the 2021 model year and is rated at 260 horsepower and 442 lb.-ft. of torque with engine stop-start (ESS) technology standard. The 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine is available on Gladiator Sport, Overland and Rubicon models and generates 28 mpg highway.

The 2021 Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel goes on sale in the third quarter of 2020. Customer orders are open now.

Jeep Farout concept
This go-anywhere, do-anything Jeep concept takes off-road exploration to the next level. An encore to last year’s Jeep Wayout concept, the Jeep Farout concept benefits from Gladiator’s class-leading 4x4 payload and the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V-6 engine’s long-range fuel efficiency to go even further off the beaten path.

The main feature of this fully functional concept is a neatly contained, customized deployable roof-top tent. The spacious 16-foot-long by 7.5-foot-tall recreational residence opens and retracts in a matter of seconds. Once unpacked, it comfortably sleeps up to four.

Long gone is the cold, monochromatic look and feel of a traditional overlanding vehicle. The Farout’s warm, inviting wood-lined interior features soft ambient lighting, a fully functional refrigerator and stove, plus hanging storage racks, built-in seats and table space. Inside the Farout’s customized cab, outdoorsy fashion and style are celebrated with dark smoke blue leather, orange stitching and plaid flannel seat inserts.

Farout’s exterior features a new “Earl” body color with chartreuse accents on the hood, rear tailgate tow hooks, springs, badging and shocks. Its rugged stature is emphasized with a Jeep Performance Parts two-inch lift kit, 17-inch matte charcoal rims, 37-inch mud-terrain tires, a modified Gladiator Rubicon steel bumper equipped with a 12,000-lb. Warn winch, custom front and rear rock rails and FOX™ performance shocks to easily overcome obstacles. Its integrated roof-rack system allows for hauling additional gear topside.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep debuts Gladiator Overlander "Farout" Concept jeep-gladiator-farout-concept-front-3-4
Jeep Gladiator Jeep debuts Gladiator Overlander "Farout" Concept jeep-gladiator-farout-concept-rear-3-4
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Yes, and I’ve learned the cap is AT Overland Equipment. Should’ve recognized it
It looks mostly like an AT habitat, but the lid looks like it splits in the center. Suppose it could be a new version that deploys to both the front and rear.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
this version is :like:. Love that color combo. Just wish they integrated a step behind the back doors in that open space like some other concepts.

Sponsored

RedDevil17

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue, 1999 LR Disco I
Occupation
IT
I wonder if "Earl" is an upcoming color? I like it. Maybe it's a replacement for Hydro Blue when that color is available on the Wrangler

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
me likey :like:

Jeep, keep up the unique color combos, that's one of the things that separates Jeeps from other brands. I get daily compliments on my Gator.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
This looks pretty neat, but I could honestly go for a different color over UN blue. Reminds me of the inside of every Russian avionics suite lol. I love that combo of black and yellow/green though. Wonder if they'd sell a fully outfitted truck like this ever from the dealer...

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
After still waiting for a bedrack like the Wayout concept, I vow to never get excited about these concepts again. The crazy concepts are easy to enjoy, but these that are so close to a reality but juuuuust enough of vaporware to make it impossible to achieve hurt.