Sponsored

Jeep did a great job on this truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. I have put about 800 miles on mine. The fit and finish has been awesome. I have had other straight axle trucks and this thing rides great. I am seeing about 19 mpg around town. Mine feels like it has the right amount of tech without being too influenced by the nanny state. On the highway it is knocked around a bit by the wind, but it is rather boxy so I expected as much. I do not feel my hard top etc is too noisy...especially considering that it is all removable. I love the having the under the seat box for the bolts, that was a nice touch and very well thought out. Over all I think it was a very well engineered truck and lots of great little touches that support this.

Sometimes when I pull into the driveway the auto stop kicks in before I can put it into park and then the truck starts up again. A bit irritating.

Those rails/sliders DO look great. I may have to get some. I was looking for the right ones and I think now I have found them.
Get yourself a Tazer JL Mini, install it, set it up properly, and then you will never have to worry about that stupid ESS crap again.
Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I do not want to hi-jack a thread... but what is the Tazer JL Mini? Sounds like an ECU flash. Got a link? Or should I just google it?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

peteawalk

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
IT
You'll need to recalibrate if you add 33's but I'll agree it's definitely a stepup from my JKU. I'm not disappointed one bit. Drove our BMW 440I hardtop convertible this morning and it's fun but I miss my Jeep. Front bumper going on as soon as I get home.
My Speedo with the Rubicon takeoffs seems to be accurate now. It was off with the tiny Sport tires.

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
I have read many posts from the net about the steering being vague or wandering . It is my understanding that a recirculating ball system is much stronger and offers more steering travel than a rack and pinion. Please Jeep, don't go changin' what works.

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
I forgot to add, I did put on some rockhard4x4 step rails/sliders and they are impressive. Made in the the USA and have 15 attachment points. Overly heavy duty is how I would describe them.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep did a great job on this truck Tazer JL Mini
I have the same step/sliders. I bought some black 3” anti-skid tape and put it on the places one would step on the tubes. It’s a cheap and huge improvement as otherwise if they can be quite slippery.

OP
OP
Lateralus

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I have the same step/sliders. I bought some black 3” anti-skid tape and put it on the places one would step on the tubes. It’s a cheap and huge improvement as otherwise if they can be quite slippery.
Yes I remember reading your post about the tape in a rock slider thread. It was that thread that lead me to the rockhard steps. I've actually got a big roll of that tape so it may come in handy.

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
Commenting to say I like those sliders a lot. I'd love to sell my Overland steps (which I hate), but my wife already complains about how tall the Jeep is. She'd have a fit if I "downgraded" my steps.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I put 1" wide abrasive Shur Tape on my Rock Hard tubes to give a non-skid step surface without going over the side where it would scrape legs or pants.

OP
OP
Lateralus

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I forgot to add another upgrade I enjoy comparing the JT to the JK and that is the ease of pulling down the seat belt. It's like it's on glass bearing compared to my JK.
Sponsored