Sponsored

Did you buy a Jeep that is a truck or a truck that is a Jeep?

Did you buy....

• Total voters

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I work for Subaru, so I tell people that I buying a truck that is a jeep, since Subaru doesn't make a truck, but I really wanted a Jeep lol
They couldn't find a Brat for you?
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My first Jeep was a truck (87), so........... I wanted a Jeep that was a truck, and a truck that was Jeep. (and we've had good luck with Jeeps up until now with my wife's bad luck recently)

Sperron

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep ladiator Sport S
I bought a reverse mullet. Work in the back and party in the front. I wanted a truck but always drove Jeeps for the last 14 yrs

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Both. I wanted a Jeep but needed a truck more ("need" may be strong, but true-ish). So I bought the truck I needed that is also a Jeep, and the Jeep I wanted that is also a truck. And I don't feel like I compromised either of those positions for my uses

Sponsored

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I've always toyed with the idea of buying a Jeep, but have always driven a truck. I now have both, and 'invested' my confidence in the Gladiator considering they are FCA and I've had a slew of Rams in the past (with positive results).

OP
OP
JoseQ_80

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
I bought a reverse mullet. Work in the back and party in the front. I wanted a truck but always drove Jeeps for the last 14 yrs

TELLUM

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It's been a long time since I've driven a truck, and I wasn't really looking for one. I live in NC, and was looking for a Jeep Wrangler to take me both surf fishing and mountain snow driving. I would go look at them, look in the back and think about what I need to carry or want to tow on occasion, and then back off. I did this for about a year.

I didn't look seriously at Gladiators until I saw a couple on the road while we were on vacation and thought dang those look pretty good. When I saw that I could basically have my cake and eat it too, that's when I went straight to the local dealer. There it was - my Gator Gladiator sitting there in all its Glory, beckoning to me.

It's perfect. The fact that it's a truck gives me all the utility I could want and then some, and the Jeep factor gives me all of that too.

So yeah, it's kind of both - but I chose "Jeep that is a truck" because a Jeep was what I was really wanting to begin with.

I sometimes call it "the Jeep" and other times I call it "the truck". Both fit.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I didn't look seriously at Gladiators until I saw a couple on the road while we were on vacation and thought dang those look pretty good.
I've seen quite a few since they came out but didn't pay much attention and actually thought they were goofy and kinda ugly in an awkward chimera way like it couldn't decide what it wanted to be.

The looks grew on me though and even though I still think it looks awkward, I find that's part of it's charm.

My daughter calls it a pug, sort of ugly and weird but cute at the same time.

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I bought a convertible that is a truck. It was either this or the SSR.

FormerToyotaGuy

First Name
Acen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Legislative
I bought a truck that is a Jeep. I have had several Jeeps through the years and I have a few Toyotas Tacoma's and even before they were called tacoma. I had an FJ that I loved but every time I had a Jeep or SUV I missed having a truck ...everyone needs a truck. I don't NEED a 1 Ton but a truck none the less.
I always wanted a Scrambler back in the day, thought it just made sense. When after market companies started making the Gladiator predecessors (Brute, Bandit) I said to self "Jeep actually come out with one, I'd buy it. :)

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
Both I suppose. I've driven trucks for over 20 years of my life (a '90 Ranger and a '97 and '01 Tacoma). But also have driven a '07 FJ and a '13 JKR (not a JKRU).

I wanted to go back to a truck. Not enough room in the JKR for the 2-3 week self-sufficient off-road camping trips down to the deserts of Mexico (at least to pack it safely and not have to explode the gear all over the ground when I need that thing at the bottom of the pile in the JKR).

I also like the capabilities of the Rubicon trim, and the freedom panels. I have a shell on my Gladiator now so wont be taking the full top off. It's also my only vehicle so it's a bit of both. Truck<-->Jeep, whatever. =)

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
I voted I'm buying a jeep that is a truck, but when I started looking the truck was the only priority. I was going to get a late model truck to work with, and then a cheap jeep for fun. After I drove the Gladiator, I figured I could kill two birds with 1 stone, the max tow will pull anything I'll pull in the foreseeable future, while being able to take the top off and go.

Plenty of half ton trucks that could "truck" better than the gladiator to be honest, but none with a back seat and removable top/doors.