Sponsored

Did you buy a Jeep that is a truck or a truck that is a Jeep?

Did you buy....

• Total voters

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I wanted something smaller than my Power Wagon but just as capable with a solid front axle. Wifey wanted 4 doors as in suv to replace her GCTH. So we got a Treep. (Thanks Nacho).
Sponsored

drewcnit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S, Bright White
Occupation
IT Geek and Data Nerd
I was looking for a truck, this just happened to have that Jeep appeal as well as I had always wanted a Jeep. Now though, it's my Jeep, that just so happens to also be a truck.

SpeedNeed

First Name
Speed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, S4, Panamera
Just as importantly, what do call your vehicle now - ā€œThe Truckā€ or ā€œthe Jeepā€?

I originally set out to look at mid-sized trucks. Fast forward, my wife and I always refer to it as ā€œThe Jeepā€.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
MikešŸ–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Just as importantly, what do call your vehicle now - ā€œThe Truckā€ or ā€œthe Jeepā€?

I originally set out to look at mid-sized trucks. Fast forward, my wife and I always refer to it as ā€œThe Jeepā€.
I've still got my KJ, so I can't say "the jeep" haha. I usually say "the jt" or "the juck"

MattHamilton

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Support Analyst
I was coming from a BMW 128i. Previous to that I had a SportTrac and before that I had a Nissan Frontier (from a time before they were called Frontiers). I've got buddies with Rams, and I always thought they were too big for the city. Anyway, wife wanted fun "like the BMW, but bigger" - we test drove everything (Challenger {Hemi - Shaker package], Cadillac, Maxima SR, Mustang GT, etc) and couldn't really agree on anything. I suggested test driving a Taco 4x4 TRD - we didn't like it. She suggested the Gladiator and we were sold after about 2 km of driving. Never had a Jeep before. So for me, it's a truck that's a Jeep.

Sponsored

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave, 2016 JK
Occupation
Plumber
As I have aged our trucks and trailers have gotten smaller F350, F150 now Gladiator.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I got a vehicle that is equally both.

I had, for years, a OBS 7.3 that was severely built. Its primary job was to tow my home. But after buying a house and getting settled, I sold the trailer. The truck was awesome. And I do miss it. But my aging body made even a tire change hard, and finding competent techs became difficult.

Jeep Gladiator Did you buy a Jeep that is a truck or  a truck that is a Jeep? 43BCFE14-0700-4B32-9B49-7728CC119020

So having a TJ my first priority was a truck. Looked at several options such as the Ranger, F150, Colorado, etcā€¦. None of them fit the bill. At first I totally wrote off the Gladiator because of its cost. But after looking at other options, took one for a test drive and immediately new it was the right choice. I love everything about my TJ. Even the annoying things. So me, the JT is the full Jeep experience, in the form of something that does truck stuff. Sure it cant pull 20,000 pounds, but at this point of my life I dont need that, and it does tow and haul just enough for my needs while being way more capable than other vehicles I was considering.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I was looking for a mid size truck and looked at Colorado, Ranger, Taco, etc. I had a TJ back in the 90sā€¦ā€¦then looked at and drove the Gladiator and was likeā€¦..

Jeep Gladiator Did you buy a Jeep that is a truck or  a truck that is a Jeep? 3F6EB742-1E8C-4859-A2F3-EDBEF83EAD14

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Had an 18 Silverado, loved it. 2WD though. Mama had an 18 JLU Sport, she loved (still does) that. I wanted to go play in the rocks with her, so I traded the truck for a Grand Cherokee 4WD. Lifted the GC, 33" tires, rock sliders, all kinds of cool stuff. But deep down it wasn't the truck I just gave away. So I needed/wanted a truck more than I wanted a Jeep. The Gladiator made perfect sense, especially with the diesel engine. I get truck power with car economy. Love it. I bought a truck that was a Jeep.

Sponsored

fireaustin

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
I've driven a pickup most of my life with a few spare Jeeps along the way. I don't need a truck bed every day anymore but when I do, its hard to go without. I would say its a jeep with a bed, but still the best of both for me.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Really wish neither was an optionā€¦. Itā€™s to long to be a Jeep, and the weight rating is laughable to be called a truckā€¦..

We purchased ours with the intent to frame chop and shorten the bed and use it as a Jeep- but with oversized storage for camping.

Currently in a holding pattern to see if this 3rd row wrangler is released and with a dieselā€¦. If it is the gladiator is gone and picking up the big wrangler (not sure what they called the extended mall crawl wrangler).
Sponsored