Jeep gives you nothing but heaches...

Quicklybroken

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future owner
Ok the people who get on these posts just to make "clever" comment about how people need to be patient and these are first world problems are ridiculous. You are not being original when you are the tenth person to make a similar comment. The person has the right to start getting frustrated when jeep keeps giving dates and changing again and again. This isn't the beginning of the pandemic/supply issues and jeep knows of shortages and longer time lines. They should be able to either give more accurate dates now knowing delays or give dates further out knowing things will get pushed back.
Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep gives nothing but headaches? No. Sorry but that's not true.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok the people who get on these posts just to make "clever" comment about how people need to be patient and these are first world problems are ridiculous. You are not being original when you are the tenth person to make a similar comment. The person has the right to start getting frustrated when jeep keeps giving dates and changing again and again. This isn't the beginning of the pandemic/supply issues and jeep knows of shortages and longer time lines. They should be able to either give more accurate dates now knowing delays or give dates further out knowing things will get pushed back.
Everyone does have a right to get frustrated. In fact you have a right to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't hurt another person.

But if you share that frustration in a social forum, then you are in effect ASKING for a response.

There there, don't worry, you will get it eventually . . . Is that what we should all say?

Sorry. Yes, its frustrating. But its also laughable since its not a REAL problem.

poltergiest

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Just imagine if you were worrying about making your mortgage payment rather than lamenting the delay in your custom made $60k truck.
Can I just send a notice to the bank that due to Covid cash is backordered and I will send it as soon as it arrives :)

Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Everyone does have a right to get frustrated. In fact you have a right to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't hurt another person.

But if you share that frustration in a social forum, then you are in effect ASKING for a response.

There there, don't worry, you will get it eventually . . . Is that what we should all say?

Sorry. Yes, its frustrating. But its also laughable since its not a REAL problem.
It's more so the principle than the waiting game, in business it's better to underpromise and overdeliver, not give near dated approximates and then continue to delay for over a month.

My build has been built and ready to ship for over a month and from the sounds of it, it's been sitting there with continuous delays while others are being shipped and delivered who ordered afterward. (No aftermarket parts in my build fwiw so it was a straight forward but loaded build)

Keep in mind I'm extremely happy for everyone taking delivery, buying a brand new car and taking delivery of something you built is a pretty incredible feeling and nothing beats it if you're a car/truck guy or girl....

...but it all matters, at least on the optics side of it.

Pushing back delivery dates over 3 times does in fact have an effect on how some people will move in their life regarding scheduling, which does have implications.

For example, I own a business and have pushed back the date of an important live interview with guests twice now for my clients (2 weeks behind now), they pay me and I'm supposed to deliver or it looks bad on me.

It looks bad to my clients and it looks bad to the guest, and then my word becomes less reliable.

If I keep pushing things back for over a month, people will be frustrated because there is an expectation based on what I say was the deliverable.

This isn't life or death and obviously we can consider this a first world problem, but the fact still remains that this does have implications to continue to say one thing and do another for 4+ weeks.

Last edited:

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
Serious question to OP: what vehicle ordering experience do you think is better in 2021? Because most of them as I understand it either 1) effectively don't offer orders AT ALL; or 2) give you way less info than Jeep.

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I am unsure how anyone could expect to order a brand new vehicle with supply issues across all industries like it is currently, and have it in hand in a month.

Waiting two months for a new vehicle is extremely good, even prior to Covid and supply chain issues.

Relax.

Teamhoyt1

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Career Firefighter
Here's my headache. My gladiator got delivered to the dealer last Thursday. The dealer says they still haven't received the MSO yet so I can't get it registered yet. Very frustrating especially since I drive by the dealer every day and see it sitting in the lot.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
It's more so the principle than the waiting game, in business it's better to underpromise and overdeliver, not give near dated approximates and then continue to delay for over a month.

My build has been built and ready to ship for over a month and from the sounds of it, it's been sitting there with continuous delays while others are being shipped and delivered who ordered afterward. (No aftermarket parts in my build fwiw so it was a straight forward but loaded build)

Keep in mind I'm extremely happy for everyone taking delivery, buying a brand new car and taking delivery of something you built is a pretty incredible feeling and nothing beats it if you're a car/truck guy or girl....

...but it all matters, at least on the optics side of it.

Pushing back delivery dates over 3 times does in fact have an effect on how some people will move in their life regarding scheduling, which does have implications.

For example, I own a business and have pushed back the date of an important live interview with guests twice now for my clients (2 weeks behind now), they pay me and I'm supposed to deliver or it looks bad on me.

It looks bad to my clients and it looks bad to the guest, and then my word becomes less reliable.

If I keep pushing things back for over a month, people will be frustrated because there is an expectation based on what I say was the deliverable.

This isn't life or death and obviously we can consider this a first world problem, but the fact still remains that this does have implications to continue to say one thing and do another for 4+ weeks.
You did a much better job than OP of communicating a message that others would agree with.

Just curious. If trolls out number nontrolls do the nontrolls then become trolls? Asking for a Tacoma Forum friend.
OP hasn’t responded. Definitely a troll.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Just imagine if you'd ordered a Bronco in February and your ETA was sometime in 2023.
Yep. Going to be 2 years almost from reservation to delivery.

JustinLentz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Mojave RIP: 20JT 09jk, 03jgc, 97tj, 95yj, 73cj
Occupation
Operations Coordinator
A lot of our "manufacturer issues" would be solved if we produced/made more things here in the great ol' USA instead of outsourcing everything overseas. I didn't say ALL of our issues but a lot would be.
Sponsored