OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Your trying to sue for diminished value over a new rear bumper. Your just trying to squeeze as much money out of the accident as possible.

Once again I haven’t had an issue with trading in vehicles after they have had accidents.
Your also going off of msrp for your loss of value when you paid 3k less than msrp so you’re math is already wrong. That’s like someone buying something for $100 with an MSRP of $200 and then selling it for $90 and complaining that they lost $110 when they only lost $10
Yes. I am. Because when I traded in my Civic with under 50k miles on it the 3 collisions it has been in, none of which required it needing repairs and none were my fault, resulted in a loss of $6k in trade in value.

As for my math, it is not off at all. I compared the value of vehicles being listed/sold with similar features, original MSRP, and mileage of my JT. I also used a CarFax, KBB, and Autocheck to see the range of values for my vehicle. I then went and looked at trade in offers for my vehicle and compared trade in estimates from said reports. I could have taken it further and spent a few hundred on an expert to appraise the vehicle independantly, but honestly all figures were pointing to my vehicle being offered $6k less than other vehicles of similar condition without a collision. Then dealerships saying that the value was less due to a collision in the history led me to claim for diminished value. I felt what I got was fair and decided not to actually file a lawsuit for more and hire an expert. I could have, it's an easy process. But, I was happy enough to not push it any further.
Sponsored

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubion "LE"
Yes. I am. Because when I traded in my Civic with under 50k miles on it the 3 collisions it has been in, none of which required it needing repairs and none were my fault, resulted in a loss of $6k in trade in value.

As for my math, it is not off at all. I compared the value of vehicles being listed/sold with similar features, original MSRP, and mileage of my JT. I also used a CarFax, KBB, and Autocheck to see the range of values for my vehicle. I then went and looked at trade in offers for my vehicle and compared trade in estimates from said reports. I could have taken it further and spent a few hundred on an expert to appraise the vehicle independantly, but honestly all figures were pointing to my vehicle being offered $6k less than other vehicles of similar condition without a collision. Then dealerships saying that the value was less due to a collision in the history led me to claim for diminished value. I felt what I got was fair and decided not to actually file a lawsuit for more and hire an expert. I could have, it's an easy process. But, I was happy enough to not push it any further.
you lost 6k off exactly what KBB excellent condition value ? Maybe you just traded that civic to a shitty dealer who sold that vehicle for that “6K” you gave them.

it’s whatever, if the system works you shouldn’t get crap for diminished value suit and you can keep enjoying your Jeep for decades as you put it.

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
If you had the option to buy two identical JT’s... same condition, same mileage, same color, same trim...
One carfax shows no significant history and the other shows an accident requiring repairs... at the exact same price, you know which one everyone would pick.
Until the majority of people would pick either regardless, there will always be a loss of value so long as it shows up on the carfax.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I didn't purchase an investment, I purchased a Jeep. That's just the way I look at it.
Right, and it will go down, the moment it leaves the lot. And driving it like it is intended resulting in pinstripes and scratches, will drive the value down more. But those are MY actions driving down the value.

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubion "LE"
Right, and it will go down, the moment it leaves the lot. And driving it like it is intended resulting in pinstripes and scratches, will drive the value down more. But those are MY actions driving down the value.
A new bumper will not result in 6K depreciation. Just get over it. Be happy it wasn’t worse, everyone is okay and you got your truck back on the road looking like new.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has 28,600 miles on it and I paid $37,100 for it In Feb. 2020. Just got offered $43,000 cash for it yesterday, June 18th 2021. The same company gave me $29,500 for my 2017 mustang 5.0 that had 62,500 miles on it. I paid that exact amount for it in 2019 with 15,000 miles on it. The used car market it crazy right now.

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Paid $52,550 for my JTR in fall 2019 and just sold last week for $52,220. Not a bad deal to drive a fully loaded Jeep around for 18 months.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
not a long thread but a lot of long responses…a lot of tldr for mt attention span at the moment

Ive ”lost” $4-6k ish in raw value on the stock jtmt. With my trade in value v/s what I owe i still have a good bit of equity.

i cant even start to calculate the cost of crap ive bought and haven’t or won’t install. Im sure thats in the $2k range at this point.
Sponsored