Jeep Gladiator - happy owners? seeing scary stuff in the repair forums

turd fergusen

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 granite chrystal Gladiator rubicon 6spd
Same as HJDCA except dif covers. 2 inch lift and 35s not one problem.
Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there,

I am looking at potentially purchasing a gladiator overland, but reading some scary stuff reading the forms. Now understanding when you look in a repair forum for known issues you only see the bad not the good.

Are there folks how there with higher mileage who are not having crazy issues with cylinder misfires, ESS ssues or anything else major?
I have over a year and over 16k miles with zero problems other than some occasional hick ups with the electronics not connecting right or getting hung up. Nothing a reboot hasn't fixed, either unplug the phone or turning the radio off and on.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
8 months and 6,000 miles and no issues. Other than the obsession and mods!!! O|||||||O. I’ve towed, Hauled, went Jeep camping (The poor man’s overlanding), off-roading, daily driver, drove on the beach, etc etc. best damn Jeep I’ve had in 25 years (past include M38A1, YJ, ZJ, JKU) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPjtKjjapmiUqYu0lVII9jg

A8E2FCDA-FB87-43DA-8AD2-F0708976ED11.jpeg

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Buy a Tazer JL and bypass that ridiculous auto/start/stop. That was the first thing I did after driving off the lot.
Amen.

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
26,000 miles over 15 months. One minor issue with my front locker where I get a loose connection resulting in a Service Axle Locker System light.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I have over a year and over 16k miles with zero problems other than some occasional hick ups with the electronics not connecting right or getting hung up. Nothing a reboot hasn't fixed, either unplug the phone or turning the radio off and on.
I think I have that same issue. Sometimes my phone won't connect to the USB port in the center console. Turning the radio off and on doesn't work. Shutting the engine off and restarting doesn't work. But if I connect my phone to the USB port in the dash, it immediately connect.

When I start the truck the next day, my phone will immediately connect to the USB port in the center console; until it doesn't again.

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
22k miles and 14 months of ownership here. None of the common issues but I did have a faulty rear driveshaft after about 8k miles. I may have been the cause though since it started after a wheeling trip on rocks where I know I smacked it hard a number of times. But overall runs great, tows great and looks great. No regrets until the SRT 6.4 version comes out then I will convince myself I need to upgrade.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I think I have that same issue. Sometimes my phone won't connect to the USB port in the center console. Turning the radio off and on doesn't work. Shutting the engine off and restarting doesn't work. But if I connect my phone to the USB port in the dash, it immediately connect.

When I start the truck the next day, my phone will immediately connect to the USB port in the center console; until it doesn't again.
Right now I'm using the dash C USB port for my Samsung running Android Auto. Will have to pay attention next time I have a connection problem.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase

Same issue for me as well. But not annoying enough to take it to the dealer. Seems like every vehicle with these advanced audio systems have some glitches. Especially with how much Apple and android make updates to their communication systems the cars were likely built to support an older version.
Sponsored