levesqueonline

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Hey there,

I am looking at potentially purchasing a gladiator overland, but reading some scary stuff reading the forms. Now understanding when you look in a repair forum for known issues you only see the bad not the good.

Are there folks how there with higher mileage who are not having crazy issues with cylinder misfires, ESS ssues or anything else major?
Sponsored

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Hey there,

I am looking at potentially purchasing a gladiator overland, but reading some scary stuff reading the forms. Now understanding when you look in a repair forum for known issues you only see the bad not the good.

Are there folks how there with higher mileage who are not having crazy issues with cylinder misfires, ESS ssues or anything else major?
I only have 4600 miles, but many of the people with misfires had them under 1000

Ive had no issues, no misfires, no codes at all

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford F150; '20 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Just went past 15000 and no issues.

troy_brady

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle
Occupation
HSE Technician
4,150 miles and only a wonky speaker. :LOL:

Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
... reading some scary stuff reading the forms. Now understanding when you look in a repair forum for known issues you only see the bad not the good.
^ this. Go to any Acura or Lexus board and you'll see the same. Even brands known for bulletproof reliability have scary forums.

This is my first FCA product (ever) and I have to admit, I'm impressed with the build quality and overall execution of the vehicle.

The one thing that sets the Wrangler / Gladiator apart is that it's like a life-size Lego. The parts come off, they're easy to upgrade, relatively inexpensive, etc. Plus, most people just love Jeeps :like: :jk:

OP
OP

levesqueonline

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Thanks for the replies all, feeling better already. I put on 30,000KM a year so reliability was a concern, my previous ram had the 3.6 and 8 speed and it was bullet proof, but they said this came with new 3rd gen with auto start stop etc was hoping im not getting into something scary :)

John P.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Program Manager
I only have 4600 miles, but many of the people with misfires had them under 1000

Ive had no issues, no misfires, no codes at all
Bought my Gladiator in July. It's been in for service for the engine light and start/stop issue 3 times so far. First time for 2 days, 3 days the second time, and now for a week and a half. Just got a text from the dealer stating "engineering is having the tech replace several lash adjusters and some internal cylinder components. Parts on order but don't expect arrival for a few days." I'll post the results of the repairs.

On Friday I was notified by the dealer that engineering instructed the dealer to put a completely new engine in my truck. Dealer ordered the new engine the same day and they expect to have all work completed this coming Thursday. Certainly points to some number of defective engines. A recall may be coming. I'll post the results of performance of the truck with the new engine. Looks like a recall may be coming.......

Just got my truck back after 3 weeks. I was told that the engine light and start/stop issues are related to engine block casting flaws that affect oil flow through the engine. I'll continue to report engine performance and advise of any more issues.

Sponsored

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the replies all, feeling better already. I put on 30,000KM a year so reliability was a concern, my previous ram had the 3.6 and 8 speed and it was bullet proof, but they said this came with new 3rd gen with auto start stop etc was hoping im not getting into something scary :)
Buy a Tazer JL and bypass that ridiculous auto/start/stop. That was the first thing I did after driving off the lot.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
I have the wierd steering, but not an "issue" per se, but rather room for improvement. No engine issues. Keep in mind this engine has been used since 2012, so they've ironed out most of the wrinkles.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Manual Transmission JT Rubicon with 13K miles and no issues. Lots of wheeling - dirt, mud, snow, rocks, sand. I have used the lockers and sway bar disconnect many times. I did 4 oil changes or so, and one front and back gear oil change when I went with the Metalcloak diff covers. So, far, I have done everything myself. I have never been back to the dealer since purchase. There is a recall on my clutch, but, it feels great and I have not gone back to the dealer for it.
Sponsored