Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
So I'm seeing no remote start, no confirmation of htd strg. wheel, no slush mats, is there anything else that appears missing?

And then limited color options
It "probably" comes with the cold weather group which includes the heated steering wheel and remote start. I can't see them offering heated seats only as a separate package (otherwise that would be listed as a package). Would require different radio displays, electronic modules, etc. We'll see tomorrow when we can start the order process.

No all weather mats, no dual top/soft top, no brake controller (which was dropped as a build option when prices were listed), no smokers group, no engine block heater.

All colors are that are NOT listed as late availability are available on the launch edition. If a late availability color is a deal breaker, than the LE is definitely not for you.
Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Thought I read just this morning that All Rubicon’s will have the red dash?
Or is that an L.E. Thing?
Hadn't heard all Rubicons come with the red dash unless that changed today.

The build tool has shown different color dashes depending on exterior color and seat color/style. Granite with black leather is a red dash. Gobi with black was gray dash. Think the saddle seats are all gray dash. Options matrix sticky shows the combinations.

Dammit, looks like they changed it a bit. Gobi/black leather now shows the fugly red dash. Saddle seats still show gray dash.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Hadn't heard all Rubicons come with the red dash unless that changed today.

The build tool has shown different color dashes depending on exterior color and seat color/style. Granite with black leather is a red dash. Gobi with black was gray sash. Think the saddle seats are all gray dash. Options matrix sticky shows the combinations.

Someone noted this morning that the configurator changed & that all (regular production I'm assuming) Rubicons now have red - I just went & checked & every color I tried came up w/ red dash (Granite included).That thing seems to be very fluid...
But the saddle leather option still gets grey dash insert.

Edit - just saw the exception for the L.E.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Someone noted this morning that the configurator changed & that all (regular production I'm assuming) Rubicons now have red - I just went & checked & every color I tried came up w/ red dash (Granite included).That thing seems to be very fluid...
But the saddle leather option still gets grey dash insert.

Edit - just saw the exception for the L.E.
Oh yes. Saddle does not get red. Forgot about that. This comes from the JLs, so it's the same there. Rubicon with black interior will get a red dash. That's always been the case... if you search red dash you'll see the same question in a few different threads.

George D.

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 1969 Corvette, 2002 HD FXDL, 2002 HD VRSCA, 2002 HD XL, 2002 Buell M2, 1999 HD MT500, 1997 HD FLSTS, XL,
I was just coming over to post the same thing. 7% will NOT apply to the Launch Edition. Only 1% with FCA Control Number.

I think I may have to pass on it.
That is a minuscule discount on a vehicle that is $17K over the base price!

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yes. Saddle does not get red. Forgot about that. This comes from the JLs, so it's the same there. Rubicon with black interior will get a red dash. That's always been the case... if you search red dash you'll see the same question in a few different threads.
ehh don't quote me yet. I know I asked this question, hang on, let me find the official answer.

Lpugmire

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
I heard it from a Chrysler rep who is visiting the jeep dealership today that the launch edition gladiators will come out on wave 3 of production. This means they will not be the first ones delivered.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Kayakmike, you are obviously in the Boise area if you’re working with Peterson. Would you mind reaching out to me as I think you may have a better contact a Peterson than I do at Larry H Miller. If you would email me at [email protected] I will give you a cell number and maybe we can text or chat about what I learned from the dealer today.
Not in the Boise area, but Kent is well known on the JL forums, and I've been working with him for months about my JT order. There's a separate thread about that (though he's been radio silent since pricing has been released).

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/up-to-7-off-in-idaho.14694/

Think both Peterson and Dennis Dillon in the Boise area have offered deep discounts on the JL.

Feel free to PM with questions you don't want to share on the forum.

I do think the forum is a great place for everyone to exchange what they have found out so we can all benefit from that collective knowledge. If you've learned something from your dealer that may help others learn from any tid-bits each of us have gathered (especially seeing that so many dealers know less about the JT than here on the forum right now).

Last edited:

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kayakmike, you are obviously in the Boise area if you’re working with Peterson. Would you mind reaching out to me as I think you may have a better contact a Peterson than I do at Larry H Miller. If you would email me at I will give you a cell number and maybe we can text or chat about what I learned from the dealer today.
I might recommend removing your email from the post, unless you want loads and loads of bot spam...

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So. No Launch Edition for me. Final answer.

I’m gonna do the Sting Gray thing and get my 7% off MSRP...

I’ll still call the concierge and ask a bunch of questions tho...

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
From dealer conference call today:

You have to go to the special website to preorder and pick dealer. It will then get sent to the dealer you chose by a concierge. You have 7 days to put down deposit and sign buyer's order with dealer. Price is negotiated with dealer.

Last edited:

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
So. No Launch Edition for me. Final answer.

I’m gonna do the Sting Gray thing and get my 7% off MSRP...

I’ll still call the concierge and ask a bunch of questions tho...
I hope you mean 7% under invoice !

Lpugmire

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Kayakmike, you’re right, Kent is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Ralph, thanks about the email advice. This is my first day on the farm so I appreciate the advice. I just got off the phone with Kent. He doesn’t know what the rebate will be on the launch edition but assumes it will be less of a rebate than what he can do on a regular order. He will know more soon. He also verified that launch edition will come out and wave three but if you wait a few days he can put in an order that will get processed and wave 2.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope you mean 7% under invoice !
Ok this is something I’m not understanding...
Where are these “invoice” numbers coming from?
I saw that in the spreadsheet I used, but I didn’t quite understand it.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
If you go to the 7%off invoice in nc thread I do a detailed explication with an order sheet. Essentially there are prices Jeep recommends you charge for the truck - MSRP and the price FCA charged the dealership. I had an actual order sheet I posted and you can clearly see msrp vs factory pricing. Tread lightly or other affiliate programs get you 1% below invoice. A couple dealers get you 7% below invoice. This ends up being 11-13% off msrp based on why options you add.
Sponsored