Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition Announced - Preorder on April 4 Only

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Got one as well. I'll wait and see if I like it in person. If I do, I'll order it how I want it. MSRP on an Rubicon, with the options I want, come to less than 50K.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I think Gray is going to show more scratches than Silver just because it's darker and the flat finish leaves less texture to hide imperfections.
True the flat finish does not hide imperfections as well, however they are easier to touch up and buff out on a flat finish. So IMHO it depends on if you hope to hide you small chips or repair them as to which finish is best.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
So with the options listed on the launch edition site, and pricing now available at jeep.com, it looks like there is a "premium" of $645 MSRP for the launch edition (wheels & dash & badge?) over a JTR with same options.

That puts invoice (w/o destination) at around $56,852 (95.3% less on base JTR, 89% less on options).

7% under puts it at $52,872 + $100 tread lightly + $299 processing fee (for Peterson in Boise) + destination = ~$54,766, assuming they honor the discounts on the launch edition.
and in my opinion, not worth the $645, unless you can add extra options to the launch edition. I'm guessing you can't though?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Language is always what gets us in trouble. I don't understand why they can't use the same language all around... note this from jeep.com regarding the Launch Edition:

"it is equipped with nearly every package and feature available"
its missing a bunch of stuff, booo

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I want one!

But in black? Red? Oh, the decisions!!!

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
Wait, so that price excludes the auto trans. That’s an additional option?
No, it is included. From jeep.com:

A Rubicon with a Winch-Capable Steel Front Bumper( Disclosure4) / Forward-Facing TrailCam Off-Road Camera( Disclosure5) /Removable Body-Color Freedom Top® Hardtop / Front Black Heated Leather-Trimmed Seats / 8.4-Inch Touchscreen with Alpine® Nine-Speaker Premium Audio System / Blind Spot Monitoring( Disclosure6) and Rear Cross Path Detection Systems( Disclosure7) / Adaptive Cruise Control( Disclosure8) / Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking( Disclosure9) / Spray-in Bedliner / 115-Volt In-Bed Power Outlet / Trail Rail™ System / Tonneau Cover / Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission / Falken All-Terrain 33-inch Tires / Hardtop Headliner / Body-Color Fender Flares / Trailer Tow Group / LED Lighting Group / Proximity Keyless Entry / Removable Wireless Bluetooth®Speaker / Auxiliary Switch Group

Launch Edition Tailgate Badge (one of 4190) / 17x7.5-Inch Mid-Gloss Black Aluminum Wheels / Leather-Wrapped Instrument Panel with Rubicon Red Stitching

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
If you read the release it describes it as a “fully loaded” Rubicon and the video he says a “fully optioned” Rubicon. You guys are only quoting the highlights...chances are it is not an all inclusive list of highlights? Because the one I built with everything was $5 difference.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
No, it is included. From jeep.com:

A Rubicon with a Winch-Capable Steel Front Bumper( Disclosure4) / Forward-Facing TrailCam Off-Road Camera( Disclosure5) /Removable Body-Color Freedom Top® Hardtop / Front Black Heated Leather-Trimmed Seats / 8.4-Inch Touchscreen with Alpine® Nine-Speaker Premium Audio System / Blind Spot Monitoring( Disclosure6) and Rear Cross Path Detection Systems( Disclosure7) / Adaptive Cruise Control( Disclosure8) / Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking( Disclosure9) / Spray-in Bedliner / 115-Volt In-Bed Power Outlet / Trail Rail™ System / Tonneau Cover / Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission / Falken All-Terrain 33-inch Tires / Hardtop Headliner / Body-Color Fender Flares / Trailer Tow Group / LED Lighting Group / Proximity Keyless Entry / Removable Wireless Bluetooth®Speaker / Auxiliary Switch Group

Launch Edition Tailgate Badge (one of 4190) / 17x7.5-Inch Mid-Gloss Black Aluminum Wheels / Leather-Wrapped Instrument Panel with Rubicon Red Stitching
Gosh. I’ve read it so many times and missed that :facepalm:

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
If you read the release it describes it as a “fully loaded” Rubicon and the video he says a “fully optioned” Rubicon. You guys are only quoting the highlights...chances are it is not an all inclusive list of highlights? Because the one I built with everything was $5 difference.
I agree with you, and I’ve said the same thing in this thread. But, the release itself from Jeep.com says “nearly all options” or something like that.

I think we won’t really know till we’re on the phone with the concierge.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you, and I’ve said the same thing in this thread. But, the release itself from Jeep.com says “nearly all options” or something like that.

I think we won’t really know till we’re on the phone with the concierge.
yeah, quite confusing, but what did we expect?, lol

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I may have missed this but does the JT Rubicon have the high top fender flares like the JL Rubicon does?
Sponsored