Jeep Gladiator Mojave vs. Ford Raptor

kcchiefs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Yes, but bigger more heavy duty knuckles. Higher lift, more flex without sway bar disconnect, can drive 50 mph in 4 lo over rocky trails. Shocks don't overheat. Read the article from the experts. That is just the beginning.
Ran the rock park in Kansas in Mojave.
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
"Experts" starving for clicks in a dying industry, gotcha.

Yes, but bigger more heavy duty knuckles. Higher lift, more flex without sway bar disconnect, can drive 50 mph in 4 lo over rocky trails. Shocks don't overheat. Read the article from the experts. That is just the beginning.

kcchiefs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I think they drive more 4.x4 than anyone on the planet. They did rate the Rubicon JT the truck of the year, you gonna argue that too. I am just quoting an article, the Mojave can rock crawl too, just not as well as the Rubicon.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
So what we are all trying to say is a hybrid of the two would be the ultimate option?

Doing 50 in low does not sound all that fun though. But I also don't zoom the dunes so what do I know.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Mojave can use rear locker in 4H up to 50 or 55, not sure about doing 55 in four low.....Jack

Sponsored

kcchiefs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Mojave can use rear locker in 4H up to 50 or 55, not sure about doing 55 in four low.....Jack
Jeep knocked down the low-range ratio on the Mojave's transfer case to the standard 2.72:1 compared to the Rubicon's 4.0:1 so it can go faster in 4-Lo, but it's still electronically limited to 45 mph. 4-Hi, however, does not have a limit so far as we could tell. We chickened out at 75 mph on the trail. The nearest hospital is 34 miles away.

Straight from JP magazine. 75 in 4 hi. My 13 Wrangler did 80 in 4 hi, Jack, mic drop

kcchiefs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Jeep knocked down the low-range ratio on the Mojave's transfer case to the standard 2.72:1 compared to the Rubicon's 4.0:1 so it can go faster in 4-Lo, but it's still electronically limited to 45 mph. 4-Hi, however, does not have a limit so far as we could tell. We chickened out at 75 mph on the trail. The nearest hospital is 34 miles away.

Straight from JP magazine. 75 in 4 hi. My 13 Wrangler did 80 in 4 hi, Jack, mic drop
My bad 45 in lo. still mic drop

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Hang on picking up the mic my friend.

Mojave has a much larger front sway bar that is hollow.....Boom! Why can’t Rub have rear locker in 4H or will it in 2021? Mic is at your feet!

kcchiefs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave

Mojave has a much larger front sway bar that is hollow.....Boom! Why can’t Rub have rear locker in 4H or will it in 2021? Mic is at your feet!
The sway bar is not hollow, it is the control arms They are bigger and hollow to allow it to run faster. The sway bar does not disconnect. The Rubi has a rear locker, I do not understand your statement. Please do some research.

kcchiefs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave

You have no mic drop, I proved your first statement wrong. You mad bro.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
My JTR can lock the rear in 2Hi/4Hi up to 30 MPH with the Tazer.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Your right I’m out!
I looked up the article about Mojave suspension flex test compared to Rubicon. Autoblog.com in May, Ramp index test, lot of calculations and measurements and pictures, and statements , perhaps all wrong.
Mojave rear sway bar solid and slightly smaller then Rubicon sway bar, Mojave front sway bar same size as Rubicon but hollow with wall thickness of 5.1mm resulting in 20% reduction of stiffness,
Mojave beats Rubicon on flex test with Rubicon sway connected, due to Mojave softer springs and sway bars , one inch front lift, along with the actual 9/16” increased axle width due to increased offset of rims. Rubicon blows Mojave away by a lot, when sway bar is disconnected.
I have looked everything up considering which model to buy, and the Mojave is the right jeep for my needs. Now I have to confirm for myself the sway bars at my neighborhood dealer that has both models on the lot. You are right and perhaps I need to step away for awhile, made my choices and just getting nuts waiting for Mojave to come in.
I’m out...........Jack

kcchiefs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Your right I’m out!
I looked up the article about Mojave suspension flex test compared to Rubicon. Autoblog.com in May, Ramp index test, lot of calculations and measurements and pictures, and statements , perhaps all wrong.
Mojave rear sway bar solid and slightly smaller then Rubicon sway bar, Mojave front sway bar same size as Rubicon but hollow with wall thickness of 5.1mm resulting in 20% reduction of stiffness,
Mojave beats Rubicon on flex test with Rubicon sway connected, due to Mojave softer springs and sway bars , one inch front lift, along with the actual 9/16” increased axle width due to increased offset of rims. Rubicon blows Mojave away by a lot, when sway bar is disconnected.
I have looked everything up considering which model to buy, and the Mojave is the right jeep for my needs. Now I have to confirm for myself the sway bars at my neighborhood dealer that has both models on the lot. You are right and perhaps I need to step away for awhile, made my choices and just getting nuts waiting for Mojave to come in.
I’m out...........Jack
No worries. I did my research and bought the Mojave as well.

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
Found this great comparison video

Enjoy

I spy with my little eyes; something that is rarely discussed. Raptor needs weigh distribution system to tow over 5,000 pounds, so the Gladiator can tow more stock or out of the box, see last line below. This is from the Ford Site. I found a few years ago more specifics; however, this is on 2020 Raptor.
F-150 Raptor: Standard See chart at right for the weight-carrying and weight-distributing capacities of this hitch receiver. (This capacity also is shown on a label affixed to each receiver.) Factory-Installed Trailer Hitch Receiver Options Weight-Carrying Max. Weight-Distributing Max. Max. Trailer Tongue Load Max. Trailer Tongue Load Vehicle Capacity (lbs.)5 (lbs.) Capacity (lbs.)5 (lbs.) REAR STEP BUMPER F-150 5,000 500 – – HITCH RECEIVER F-150 5,000 500 13,200 1,320 F-150 Raptor 5,000 500 8,000 800

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
5,000 lb without a WDH is not a good idea regardless of the tow vehicle, that's smart of Ford to make that distinction.

I spy with my little eyes; something that is rarely discussed. Raptor needs weigh distribution system to tow over 5,000 pounds, so the Gladiator can tow more stock or out of the box, see last line below. This is from the Ford Site. I found a few years ago more specifics; however, this is on 2020 Raptor.
F-150 Raptor: Standard See chart at right for the weight-carrying and weight-distributing capacities of this hitch receiver. (This capacity also is shown on a label affixed to each receiver.) Factory-Installed Trailer Hitch Receiver Options Weight-Carrying Max. Weight-Distributing Max. Max. Trailer Tongue Load Max. Trailer Tongue Load Vehicle Capacity (lbs.)5 (lbs.) Capacity (lbs.)5 (lbs.) REAR STEP BUMPER F-150 5,000 500 – – HITCH RECEIVER F-150 5,000 500 13,200 1,320 F-150 Raptor 5,000 500 8,000 800
Sponsored