Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
FCA US Reports Fourth-quarter and Full-year 2021 Sales Results
  • 2021 retail sales remained flat year over year; total U.S. sales decline 2%
  • Ram brand total year sales increase 4% year over year; second best year for brand behind 2019
  • Jeep® brand retail sales increase 1% year over year
  • Chrysler brand total year U.S. sales increase 4% year over year
  • Dodge Durango yearly sales up 14%; Dodge Challenger total sales for year up 3% and Charger up 1%
  • Alfa Romeo Stelvio recorded total U.S. sales growth of 2% in 2021
  • 2021 sees record year in commercial sales across portfolio, up 35% year over year
January 4, 2022 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC had sales of 411,513 vehicles in the fourth quarter and 1,777,394 vehicles for 2021 as its dealer network continues its flexibility in offsetting market conditions caused by the chip shortage and the COVID-19 pandemic.

Overall, total U.S. sales for the fourth quarter declined 18% while full-year results decreased 2%. Retail sales were flat for the calendar year. Despite strong fleet demand/orders, prioritizing retail customer orders given supply constraints led to a fleet decrease of 8% in the fourth quarter and 13% year over year.

"2021 had unique challenges driven by the various supply chain issues, but our dealers didn’t let that slow them down, and we're proud of their sales performance," said U.S. Head of Sales Jeff Kommor. "As we head into the new year, demand for our vehicles continues to be strong and our inventory is improving. We anticipate a continuation of the robust demand and sales volumes into 2022 with our existing and new products, which are backed up by the industry accolades across our brand portfolio, including the Grand Wagoneer, Wagoneer, Ram 1500 and the new Jeep® Grand Cherokee.”

The Ram Truck brand recorded 4% growth in total sales for 2021. The brand’s pickups were up 1% in total sales year over year. Additionally, the brand’s total commercial shipments increased a combined 38% versus the 2020 calendar year. The brand also recorded its best total sales year ever for Promaster Van at 63,361 vehicles, up 25% versus the previous calendar year.

Jeep brand’s retail sales were up 1% year over year. The brand was led by the impressive growth of the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Gladiator. Total U.S. quarterly sales for the Grand Cherokee rose 31% with a total sales increase of 26% for the calendar year. 2021 was the best sales year in total and retail sales for the Grand Cherokee in 21 years (since 2000).

Additionally, Jeep Gladiator recorded its best ever year in total and retail sales in 2021. Total U.S. sales of the Gladiator increased 16% to 89,712 vehicles in 2021. The Jeep Wrangler also saw its total sales rise 2% to 204,610 vehicles. The Wrangler recorded its best retail sales year since 2018. The Jeep® Wrangler 4xe, the first-ever electrified Jeep Wrangler, went on sale earlier this year, representing the brand's start of its electrification strategy to provide new levels of efficiency, environmental responsibility, performance and capability, on and off the road.

The Grand Wagoneer and Wagoneer continue to gain sales momentum in their first full quarter of sales, selling 7,892 vehicles in the fourth quarter.

Chrysler brand’s total year sales increased 4% year over year, with record fourth-quarter results for the Chrysler Pacifica, increasing 5% over the same quarter last year. Additionally, the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid recorded its best total fourth-quarter and full-year results. Chrysler brand is preparing for a major event at CES 2022 in Las Vegas, with the unveiling of the Chrysler Airflow Concept and a preview of the brand’s transformation strategy.

Sales of the Dodge Durango increased 14% year over year; Challenger total sales rose 3% and Charger total sales rose 1% in 2021.The Dodge brand also placed first among mass-market brands in the 2021 J.D. Power APEAL Study™, the only domestic brand ever to place first two years in a row.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Q4 and Full-Year 2021 U.S. Sales Figures Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 9.36.42 PM
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
The Gladiator isn't doing half bad. It'd be interesting to compare once the rest of the competition releases midsize truck numbers. But just based on observation, I'm definitely seeing a lot more Gladiators on the roads these days.

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
I could tell numbers were good by the 89,000 "what tires should I get" and etc, posts that I saw.

On another note, I wish I was one of the 4 people who bought a brand new viper. Damn. I should've been a stripper.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I could tell numbers were good by the 89,000 "what tires should I get" and etc, posts that I saw.

On another note, I wish I was one of the 4 people who bought a brand new viper. Damn. I should've been a stripper.
Do you still have the viper? That's pretty cool. Zip up windows and all? The first vipers were so sparse. Like the jeeps of sports cars. They were my dream car.

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
Do you still have the viper? That's pretty cool. Zip up windows and all? The first vipers were so sparse. Like the jeeps of sports cars. They were my dream car.
No. I don't have one. I was saying I wish I was a good stripper so I could afford one.

Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
800% lift in Patriot sales! Outstanding! Promotions all around.

/s

Damn supply chain. Inventory is so sparce, limited incentives, or the opposite, dealer markups.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Where does that put lifetime sales of the JT?

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Unless Ford suddenly started selling a ton or Rangers, that should put it third in sales behind the Tacoma and Colorado. Maybe second. I’m not sure how badly the Colorados were effected by supply chain issues.

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
I’ll be doing my damndest to contribute to the 1st quarter 22 sales. Jeep could help out a little by giving us some color options.

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
I remember talk early on that Gladiator would only steal from the Wrangler market. Appears that's not the case as both sales increased. Glad to see it!

Loved my Wranglers. Getting a Wrangler AND having my truck bed again... genius.

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Bought two MOPARS in 21, JTR and Charger GT (funny, same motor in those). Glad to have contributed to the numbers. Add in our 19 Challenger SPWB and they've made their money off me, but I smile every time I drive. I am definitely in that APEAL stat!

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
The Gladiator isn't doing half bad. It'd be interesting to compare once the rest of the competition releases midsize truck numbers. But just based on observation, I'm definitely seeing a lot more Gladiators on the roads these days.
I’m seeing them everywhere now. Three just today.

I was wondering if JT sales went up just due to stock of JL but overall these numbers seem to imply people are just picking them up more.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Gladiator recorded its best ever year in total and retail sales in 2021. Total U.S. sales of the Gladiator increased 16% to 89,712 vehicles in 2021.

For those who don't want to read 1/2 of it :giggle:
Sponsored