Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Since we're still talking about oil, my dealership uses 5 quarts in mine.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer shows six quarts on the invoice, but it is always just at the full mark.

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
I used all 3 of my Jeep Wave free oil changes & tire rotations. Let me tell you how they went.
1st one took almost 2 hours because they spilled used oil all over my engine compartment and did a half assed job cleaning it up.
I also had 3 very noticeable oil stains on my tan cloth drivers seat.
2nd wave service I asked the technician (I use that term loosely) what the torque spec was he tightened my wheels to.. he replied, whatever his impact gun was set to.
After my 3rd wave service I found a bright shiny rivet poking out of the sidewall of my LR tire.
NEVER AGAIN will they see my vehicle in their shop.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
6 quarts shows on my invoices but it's always at the full mark and mines been running great for right at 60,000 miles. I'll continue letting my dealership do mine. You just got to find a dealership that don't suck.

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Does that say 3000 mile change? Todays engine and synthetic oil should be good for up to 10000 miles
IDK why it says that. I went in at about 20% oil life remaining.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I do mine every 5k

One new engines I do the first oil change at 1000 miles, which is what I'll do on my new JTM

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Does that say 3000 mile change? Todays engine and synthetic oil should be good for up to 10000 miles
Did my first at 4,000 miles, after that I wait until it say 15% left, which is between 8500 and 9000 miles roughly. The oil package my dealership sales is well worth it. Roughly $53 a oil change if you buy the package. $320 for 6 oil changes.

You definitely don't have to do it every 3,000 miles unless your running non synthetic oil

RomeyIII

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Did my first at 4,000 miles, after that I wait until it say 15% left, which is between 8500 and 9000 miles roughly. The oil package my dealership sales is well worth it. Roughly $53 a oil change if you buy the package. $320 for 6 oil changes.

You definitely don't have to do it every 3,000 miles unless your running non synthetic oil
I'm with you on the % and miles. I do a lot of highway miles for work which is a different application than say a lot of stop go around town.

Sponsored

xDirtyAbellx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
In my opinion youā€™re dodging a bullet. The dealer is so likely to mess up your Jeep with ā€œfree oil changesā€, performed by inexperienced lube techs.
I don't know how to emphases how strongly I agree with you. I recently took mine in to our local dealership for my3rd and final free oil change. Ended up taking 3 hours which is fine, but when I left the truck started shaking uncontrollably and I had to pull over in the center lane. Long story short, all the lug nuts on two wheels were loose and one lug nut was missing.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know how to emphases how strongly I agree with you. I recently took mine in to our local dealership for my3rd and final free oil change. Ended up taking 3 hours which is fine, but when I left the truck started shaking uncontrollably and I had to pull over in the center lane. Long story short, all the lug nuts on two wheels were loose and one lug nut was missing.
Thatā€™s horrible. Any damage to the lugs or rotors?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s horrible. Any damage to the lugs or rotors?
I donā€™t think all these techs do this on purpose. I think the dealerships put such an unreasonable workload on them every day, with multitasking between multiple customer vehicles, that mistakes are inevitable. Just a terrible system. I wonā€™t let a dealer anywhere near mine for anything less than a blown engine. Otherwise, Iā€™ll do it myself.

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
Another weird side affect of the confluence of Jeep Wave, bad dealerships and the seeming pandemic of people just unwilling to do their jobs:

With all of the EcoDiesel fuel pump woes I took another look at the maintenance schedule for my truck and then compared it to the receipts from my now ex-dealership, Pearson Dodge Ram, Jeep in Richmond, VA and the online records from Mopar. It seems that my dealership hasnā€™t done any of the other maintenance on my truck beyond the oil changes and the typical dealer fluff ā€œ16 point inspectionā€.

Most importantly, Iā€™m at 24k miles and the fuel filter has never been changed. The fuel/water separator was emptied once, when I told them to do it.

I reached out to Jeep to complain about this along with the dealerships refusal to fix a non-working emergency brake, failure to check the body mounts, which were loose, letting all the air out of one of my tires, etc. They made an appointment with a local dealership, Southern Dodge Ram Jeep Greenbrier in Chesapeake for Monday to get the fuel filter issue addressed at no cost.

Then I called Southern to confirm, and they only had me down for a free Jeep wave oil change (which itā€™s not due for) and tire rotation.

@JeepCares

It seems that dealerships are treating Jeep Wave as the final word on maintenance for these vehicles which almost seems too stupid to be true. Iā€™m also now not sure if this fuel filter change is going to be comped like I was told by Jeep customer service (I would have paid for the filters prior, had my dealership actually done the work on the maintenance schedule)

The lesson here is that you have to take your maintenance schedule with you. You canā€™t take your Jeep in for service and expect stuff to be done. Iā€™m used to usually just doing it all myself so it didnā€™t occur to me to micromanage the service departments so-called professionals. That was stupid on my part. You have to do that with your own doctor nowadays why would car dealership be any better šŸ˜‚.

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
I explicitly asked for my fuel filter to be changed the last time I went and paid fully for it. Is the maintenance under warranty on a new vehicle, and I shouldn't have paid a dime, or is it normal?
I know my buddy on his BMW isn't paying anything for the last 4 years on his car everything is under warranty, must be nice.
Sponsored