Sponsored

Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
BFG KO2s are the best all around tire and are pretty darn quiet as well. As far as to stay away from, anything Toyo or Nitto if you don't want to hear them. They are decent tires but they make some noise
Pretty broad statements there and I don’t agree.

I have Toyo Open Country R/T - great tire and very quiet. And my Nitto Ridge Grapplers are similar (they’re sister companies).

BFG tires are reliable but calling them the best all around tire is a bit of hyperbole
Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Grabber General ATX's. 35's that are a true 35" tall. Quiet. Great handling. Good looking. Very light weight to balance. Love them.
From all the trucks / tires I've run through the years, these are by far the best AT tire I've run.
I usually run MT's (Ground Hawgs, Swamper SX's, Thornbirds, BFT AT / MT, Firestone Destination MT's (worse tire ever), Sport Kings, Duratracs (awesome tire but no white letter out for my imagine i was gong for), Cooper MTC's, etc.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy ATX 1
Jeep Gladiator Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy ATX 2

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
Grabber General ATX's. 35's that are a true 35" tall. Quiet. Great handling. Good looking. Very light weight to balance. Love them.
From all the trucks / tires I've run through the years, these are by far the best AT tire I've run.
I usually run MT's (Ground Hawgs, Swamper SX's, Thornbirds, BFT AT / MT, Firestone Destination MT's (worse tire ever), Sport Kings, Duratracs (awesome tire but no white letter out for my imagine i was gong for), Cooper MTC's, etc.
Now that is a great looking tire/wheel combo. The center hub. Nailed it on looks.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty broad statements there and I don’t agree.

I have Toyo Open Country R/T - great tire and very quiet. And my Nitto Ridge Grapplers are similar (they’re sister companies).

BFG tires are reliable but calling them the best all around tire is a bit of hyperbole
I guess everybody has opinions and favorites, I ran all 3 And IMO, the BFG's are the the quieter of the 3. As far as performance goes, all 3 great but I'd have to give BFGs the edge because of their better performance in the snow and they do a little better in sand. I've ran quite a few different brands-types over the years and the KO2S in the AT category are most definitely the best I've ever ran. Will I put another set on my JT, maybe but I'm looking at the Cooper AT3 as my next tire because they run a little larger than the BFGs and from what I can tell on my buddies JT, they are freakin quiet. As far as performance goes I can't say yet because he only has about 1100 miles on them.

That's my opinion on a daily driver that sees occasional trail use, the BFG to me is the best in a situation like that. Quiet and has awesome performance in all categories unless your deep in mud but then what A/T does well in deep mud, none.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Milestar Patagonia’s for the win
Second this, and surprised the first mention of these were on page two...I'm on my second set. Put 31,000 on 35's and sold them with 50% tread for 37's. Super quiet, handle great and good off-road. They are technically a hybrid AT/MT even though they are listed as a MT. They don't actually make a 35" so you have to get 315/70R17 which are roughly 34.5" but when I calibrated my speedo for them, I set it at like 33.5"

Sponsored

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you want something that rolls smooth and true, that is also quiet...then you should definitely get a set of super swamper boggers from interco. Also, skip the 35s and go straight 37 x 13.5. Remember if it starts to hop off road, then you need to stay in the gas to smooth things out.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Second this, and surprised the first mention of these were on page two...I'm on my second set. Put 31,000 on 35's and sold them with 50% tread for 37's. Super quiet, handle great and good off-road. They are technically a hybrid AT/MT even though they are listed as a MT. They don't actually make a 35" so you have to get 315/70R17 which are roughly 34.5" but when I calibrated my speedo for them, I set it at like 33.5"
I'm curious about these tires because they are on my short list. If they are quiet as everyone says they are I'd be all over a set but people said the same thing about the Goodyear MTRs and they are loud, a lot louder than my BFGs ever were even with 10% life left on the BFGs. I'd love to hear a video of them going down the freeway, like what it sounds like inside the cab. Are they quiet for a MT/AT Hybrid or are they more quiet than a A/T that's my delimma.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
If you want something that rolls smooth and true, that is also quiet...then you should definitely get a set of super swamper boggers from interco. Also, skip the 35s and go straight 37 x 13.5. Remember if it starts to hop off road, then you need to stay in the gas to smooth things out.
Or you could go with a set of paddle tires, super smooth in the road. 👊🏻

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I'm curious about these tires because they are on my short list. If they are quiet as everyone says they are I'd be all over a set but people said the same thing about the Goodyear MTRs and they are loud, a lot louder than my BFGs ever were even with 10% life left on the BFGs. I'd love to hear a video of them going down the freeway, like what it sounds like inside the cab. Are they quiet for a MT/AT Hybrid or are they more quiet than a A/T that's my delimma.
I can try to post a video from inside with doors on, but honestly, they are quiet and I don't think you will really notice...with doors off, they are quiet. I ran BFG MTR on my JKR and really liked them, but for the money, I really don't think you can beat Patagonias and they look cool too. Tires are like anything though for Jeepers, we like what we like. I am shocked when I see bad reviews on BFG because they would have been my first choice if Pats didn't come along.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
My 255-80-17E Falken Wildpeak AT3W are extremely capable and quiet.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy 101_1722 (3).JPG

Sponsored

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
My Cooper AT3 XLT 315/70/17 OD BR Abrams are getting Mounted tomorrow-Will let Ya Know but good recommendations as Quiet and JeepWorthy!!

part-0.jpg

Outdork

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Realtor & Property Manager
I have kenda klever rt's and they are very quiet. Federal couragias are quiet too for how aggressive they look. I'd say the kendas are quieter though.
Any chance you can share fuel economy from going stock to the kenda klevers? I assume you went with the 35/10.50R17 which I am eyeing as well, just worry about mpg difference. Glad to hear that they are quiet on the road!

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My Cooper AT3 XLT 315/70/17 OD BR Abrams are getting Mounted tomorrow-Will let Ya Know but good recommendations as Quiet and JeepWorthy!!

part-0.jpg
I'm curious about these as well. They are on my short list as well in a 37 when my current 37's get wore out or the wife gets tired of hearing them while we ride down the road, whichever comes first. Would love to hear some feedback on them.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
I've ran duratracs, toyo at2 (pmetric), KO2's (35 Erated) and my current Nitto Ridge Grapplers (Drated) in 37's.
I would rank the Nitto RG and Toyo AT2 as the quietest. KO2's have an audible tone when driving slow with the the windows down. It also resonates quiet loudly when driving near a wall as it echos the resonance back to you. Still a great tire.

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious about these as well. They are on my short list as well in a 37 when my current 37's get wore out or the wife gets tired of hearing them while we ride down the road, whichever comes first. Would love to hear some feedback on them.
These are 35's. about $272 each
Sponsored