Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
KO2s are great ATs, but you can’t just lump all Toyos and Nittos together and say they are loud. They have a lot of tread patterns which are quiet. The Ridge Grappler is pretty darn good for a heavy hybrid AT.
True, but I've ran the Ridge Grapplers and they are great tires but they make more nosie on the road than a BFG, same for Toyo open Country, great tire but also louder than a BFG. I would think those are the quieter of the Nittos and Toyo's when it comes to a aggressive A/T. Not knocking the tire, of all the A/Ts I've ran only on 7 different vehicles, those Nittos and Toyo's where some of louder ones other than say a Kumho Road Venture or Ironman, those are stupid loud for a A/T. Another good one I would say is a quiet tire is cooper Discoverer At3. A buddy just got a set in a 35 and they extremely quiet, maybe more quiet than the BFGs.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Been running KO2 on my Taco for a while and about to put some 315/70/17 on my Mojave as soon as Discount gets my wheels from Method. They are very quiet even at highway speed and wear well. Just keep the rotated.

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
My Yokohama Geolandar XAT's are quiet and a cross between AT and MT, very happy with them so far. Would also vote for KO2's as a good option.

Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a point of reference cuz the OE wheels and tires didn't last long on my JT since I quickly upgraded to Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs. I guess they're quiet for 35s.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy 835CD0B7-29E2-4B77-8E7D-FC6F24892214

Jeep Gladiator Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy A178D1FF-7DA8-4078-BC99-3F180AC9C0F3

Jeep Gladiator Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy 2754F375-5EBA-40D7-8009-A821A4493D32

Jeep Gladiator Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy 6A4A06A1-4C32-48E3-9B06-D7E1CE0D59DB

10ecHarry

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
Plumber
If you're just looking for an All Terrain tire (most anything more aggressive will be noisy) the
Continental Terrain Contact A/T is pretty quiet, and has decent traction.

I've had good results with my Dueler A/Ts in the snow.
The All Season H/T Duelers are pathetic.

Kevin
The stock Dueler HT on my truck went thru snow just fine....

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
Duratrac or Toyo III are good looking and quiet, Toyo would be my first choice

BF's are not a true 35 like toyo and are not that cool looking
Nitto, I never owned a tire I hated as much as a Nitto
All the others named are nice and decent, I have run most of them on one Jeep or Ram etc over the years.

Some people eat chicken and love it but they have never had steak or lobster before so they think chicken is the best food ever. I am a well rounded eater and I LOVE:

Toyo A/T
Mickey ATZ (these will be louder but what a great tire, more for frequent off road)
Duratrac

some tires only come in metric so they won't be a true 35 or 125 wide but if your running a 7 or 7.5 wide wheel the metric 315 is the right fit, a 12.5 should be on a 8 wide rim.

I actually liked the Wildpeak also but its no Toyo.

Reactions: Mac

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I love my Nitto Ridge Grapplers. 35x12.5's, regular rotations with every oil change. Quiet, and handle all types of terrain.
I second this - I'm also doing Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75/18s on the OEM Overland wheel, and I specifically told the guys at Discount I didn't want to hear any humming when I took the top off. So far, so good.

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Having had Trail Grapplers for a while now, I think I would miss the noise if I dropped down to a milder tire. I originally wanted Ridge Grapplers to be quieter, now I am very happy I didn't.

Ridgeline

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Intellectual Property Attorney
Interesting. Am I the only one planning to run separate on-road and off-road wheels/tires? I figure when I'm doing the daily thing I would run efficient and quiet street tires (35" Sumitomo's currently on my 20's) and then swap to a proper all-terrain setup for off-road jaunts. I suppose I would still want my A/T's quiet, but that would be a secondary consideration to traction.

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Title pretty much sums it up...... I'm getting ready to buy a set of 35's for my JT, and would like some recommendations on any quiet Hwy speed brands / model / series?
And maybe just as important, what are some of the noisier ones, that I need to stay away from?
Goodyear Duratrac's-- have had them on all of my Rubi's, 45-50K mile tire, grippy, not too hard, not too soft, look great for an AT tire...
Jeep Gladiator Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy IMG_5450 (1).JPG

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Interesting. Am I the only one planning to run separate on-road and off-road wheels/tires? I figure when I'm doing the daily thing I would run efficient and quiet street tires (35" Sumitomo's currently on my 20's) and then swap to a proper all-terrain setup for off-road jaunts. I suppose I would still want my A/T's quiet, but that would be a secondary consideration to traction.
Depends on whether you know when you are going to need them. Sometimes you need all the tire you can get if you have to make an illegal u-turn on the freeway and the ditch is bit wet. I'd rather not get caught stuck in the middle because I had my gas savers on. Not speaking from personal experience. Just sayin' 😁