Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm curious about these as well. They are on my short list as well in a 37 when my current 37's get wore out or the wife gets tired of hearing them while we ride down the road, whichever comes first. Would love to hear some feedback on them.
Had them on my 2014 Ram (35x12.5x18) and loved them.
Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Any chance you can share fuel economy from going stock to the kenda klevers? I assume you went with the 35/10.50R17 which I am eyeing as well, just worry about mpg difference. Glad to hear that they are quiet on the road!
Sure. Yes they are 35Ă—10.5-17". With corrected speedometer and auto Iam getting about 16mpg city and 17 highway. When it warms up like it is now its 17-20. I hit 21 driving to Indiana last year.

Thats pretty respectable for a tire that big sitting under a square truck.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
These are 35's. about $272 each
I know, still curious about how they sound on the road. I was quoted $1298 out the door on a set of 37 12.5 17 at Mavis. Gotta hold off right now but with the stimulus money coming I might be able to convince the wife to let me get them. Still undecided.

gmcul8r

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 1963 IH Scout
Occupation
Buyer
I was so impressed with the stock tires on my Mojave that I stayed with them when I changed to 35s. Falken Wildpeak MT01s with 1k miles on them. I was really impressed with their rain performance, which is important to me here in Seattle. I had some Mastercraft 35s on my JK that howled at every speed so I may be jaded, but I can't hear these Falken's at all.

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
I know, still curious about how they sound on the road. I was quoted $1298 out the door on a set of 37 12.5 17 at Mavis. Gotta hold off right now but with the stimulus money coming I might be able to convince the wife to let me get them. Still undecided.
I Will let Ya know this Wknd How the 35's are! Sounds like a good Price but is that for a 5 Set?? or 4?

Sponsored

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Grabber General ATX's. 35's that are a true 35" tall. Quiet. Great handling. Good looking. Very light weight to balance. Love them.
From all the trucks / tires I've run through the years, these are by far the best AT tire I've run.
I usually run MT's (Ground Hawgs, Swamper SX's, Thornbirds, BFT AT / MT, Firestone Destination MT's (worse tire ever), Sport Kings, Duratracs (awesome tire but no white letter out for my imagine i was gong for), Cooper MTC's, etc.
ATX 1.jpg
ATX 2.jpg
same here.. had a good noise, wear and traction ratings.. I have previously religiously used toyo MT's 35's and 37's..

Gladiator 1 month.png

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I Will let Ya know this Wknd How the 35's are! Sounds like a good Price but is that for a 5 Set?? or 4?
That's for 4, I'll probably use one of the Goodyear MTR's I have for a spare. I never get 5, never had to use a spare on JKU.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
That's for 4, I'll probably use one of the Goodyear MTR's I have for a spare. I never get 5, never had to use a spare on JKU.
I did only because I went from 18 to 17 " wheels and more rubber-Big difference from stock-Anyway I have never used the JKU spare tire so I Know what You Mean but with 2021 I May need IT!! !

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I guess everybody has opinions and favorites, I ran all 3 And IMO, the BFG's are the the quieter of the 3. As far as performance goes, all 3 great but I'd have to give BFGs the edge because of their better performance in the snow and they do a little better in sand. I've ran quite a few different brands-types over the years and the KO2S in the AT category are most definitely the best I've ever ran. Will I put another set on my JT, maybe but I'm looking at the Cooper AT3 as my next tire because they run a little larger than the BFGs and from what I can tell on my buddies JT, they are freakin quiet. As far as performance goes I can't say yet because he only has about 1100 miles on them.

That's my opinion on a daily driver that sees occasional trail use, the BFG to me is the best in a situation like that. Quiet and has awesome performance in all categories unless your deep in mud but then what A/T does well in deep mud, none.
VOILA !

part-0.jpg

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
since you haven't decided on what tire you are buying yet, I am assuming you haven't decided on where you are buying yet either...I have always like DiscountTire but they aren't in all locations...my last three sets of tires however have been bought off Simpletire.com They are almost never beat on price and they have pre-negotiated install rates with local shops. The tires get shipped to the shop and they do the rest. It is fast and they always have sales going. If you sign up for text messages, you get a discount as a member...my 37" Patagonias ended up being like $218 each on Cyber Monday. I got my set of 315/70R17 (34.5") Pats for like $195 each when I bought them. They carry a lot of off brand tires too and customers seem to take the time to review tires on the site, so you can get more information there.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
What's your highway speed? wind noise beats tire noise over 60MPH with my trail grapplers

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Toyo Open Country R/T 37x12.50/17 on the left and sister company tire Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x12.50/20 on the right

Jeep Gladiator Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy 2021-03-11 F350 BDS lift with Gladiator - 21