Sponsored

Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy

stickshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Title pretty much sums it up...... I'm getting ready to buy a set of 35's for my JT, and would like some recommendations on any quiet Hwy speed brands / model / series?
And maybe just as important, what are some of the noisier ones, that I need to stay away from?
You are probably in the market for an All Terrain (AT) tire. I don't think you want a Mud Terrain (MT) tire if you are looking for a quiet on-road ride. I know that some MT's have gotten quieter over the years, but no MT tire will be as quiet as an AT.

I think one of the best all-around AT tires is the BFG KO2. They do not specialize in any one condition, but they do everything pretty well - except heavy mud. They are not a mud tire.

1. They have a higher speed rating than most other AT tires, so they are a good highway tire - and they are one of the quietest AT tires.

2. They are excellent on dirt roads and can handle them at speed.

3. They have the snowflake, so they are better in winter than a lot of other AT tires.

4. The D and E-rated versions have burly sidewalls - not as thick as MT tires, but very confidence inspiring for daily use and for most off-road driving. The sidewall in the C-rated KO2s is not as thick as the D and E-rated versions, but should be totally fine for on-road, and light off-road driving. A lot of Wrangler owners prefer a C-rated tire for ride quality.

5. The KO2 is not a particularly heavy tire, which is a huge plus as a daily driver. In size 35x12.5x17 the KO2 is 66.5 pounds, the Toyo Open Country AT 3 is 70 pounds, and the Nitto Ridge Grappler is 75.4 pounds.

There are other great AT tires for sure. But I don't think you will find one that has as high a speed rating, with a snowflake, and as light as the KO2.

You can research speed ratings, load ratings, tire weight, and other info for a bunch of major brands at this site (this link will take you to the BFG page, but you can click on any other brand on the left): https://tiresize.com/tires/BFGoodrich/
Sponsored

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
I run Cooper AT 3 on my sons 2010 Silverado. Have approx 57k on these tires and they have performed well and are quiet. I am in the process of changes these out with Faulken Rubitrek. I will see how these run before considering on my JT.
I am also considering K02, Wildpeak or Cooper AT for my daily driver, upland hunting JT
I Love these Cooper AT3 that are on The Sgt Major!!

chunkeymonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
same here.. had a good noise, wear and traction ratings.. I have previously religiously used toyo MT's 35's and 37's..

Gladiator 1 month.png
The wheel and tire combo looks great, exactly the look i have been after for my JTM, what make and size are they?

Tarantularock

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 f150(sold) 2021 Gladiator Sport
Would you say KO2s are louder the duratracs? I’ve had the duratracks for the last 5 years, they have been a great tire for all seasons, but a little loud traveling on an interstate.

Sponsored

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Thanks @kooltoys! Are you running spacers as well as it looks like there is a nice bit of poke as well - or just the wheels and tires standard?
no spacers, no poke, 1/2 or so maybe... just not my style.. factory 20's are 8" wide, most other stock jeep wheels are 7-7.5"

Redcardswild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitdue
no spacers, no poke, 1/2 or so maybe... just not my style.. factory 20's are 8" wide, most other stock jeep wheels are 7-7.5"
Hi Kooltoys. I just bought the high altitude as well. Adding a small lift this week 2-2.5 inches and getting 35.12.5.20 ridge grapplers installed Friday on the factory wheels. .I’ve searched everywhere trying to figure out if I’d need spacers, until I found this. I’m trying to avoid them. Do you have any rubbing issues? Any regrets going with this tire/ wheel setup? I see you’re contemplating new wheels in the future. Thanks for the insight.

Sponsored

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Not sure if anyone else has done this, but I added two washers on each side to the steering stop bolt in order to stop rubbing on my stock rims + 315/70R17 BFG KO2s. Yeah, you lose a little turning radius... but let's be honest, it wasn't that great to begin with, lol

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
35/12.50/17 Grabber ATX's. Love them

ATX 1.jpg

ATX 2.jpg

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I skipped to the end of the thread but the quietest tire I’ve ever had on my Jeep’s has been the Patagonia’s. I have 37s and you can not hear them at any speed period. It’s shocking to be honest.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Hi Kooltoys. I just bought the high altitude as well. Adding a small lift this week 2-2.5 inches and getting 35.12.5.20 ridge grapplers installed Friday on the factory wheels. .I’ve searched everywhere trying to figure out if I’d need spacers, until I found this. I’m trying to avoid them. Do you have any rubbing issues? Any regrets going with this tire/ wheel setup? I see you’re contemplating new wheels in the future. Thanks for the insight.
no rub at all, I would not do spacers.. I am thinking 9" wheelsbut that will be a while from now.. not sure if the tires will wear oddly or not..
Sponsored