'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
35/12.50/17 Grabber ATX's. Love them

Jeep Gladiator Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy MyJee

Jeep Gladiator Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy MyJee
The reviews are through the roof for the General Grabber A/TX
Quiet, light weight, snowflake rating, long life, etc. and they recess the rim in the sidewall to prevent damage like some A/T tires do.
I had trouble finding any that had better reviews.
I've driven mine several times on various roads now with these tires - a nicer ride than the Falken tire, quieter than the Falkens. In fact I note no real road noise compared to the H/T tires I had.
They handle heavy rain nicely.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy 20210518_144805_HDR

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Interesting. Am I the only one planning to run separate on-road and off-road wheels/tires? I figure when I'm doing the daily thing I would run efficient and quiet street tires (35" Sumitomo's currently on my 20's) and then swap to a proper all-terrain setup for off-road jaunts. I suppose I would still want my A/T's quiet, but that would be a secondary consideration to traction.
I'm looking at some Rubicon take offs to replace the stock Overland rims/tires which I don't care for. I'd even thought about having a set of steelies as I loved them on the TFL Rubicon build.

Sponsored

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Grabber General ATX's. 35's that are a true 35" tall. Quiet. Great handling. Good looking. Very light weight to balance. Love them.
From all the trucks / tires I've run through the years, these are by far the best AT tire I've run.
I usually run MT's (Ground Hawgs, Swamper SX's, Thornbirds, BFT AT / MT, Firestone Destination MT's (worse tire ever), Sport Kings, Duratracs (awesome tire but no white letter out for my imagine i was gong for), Cooper MTC's, etc.
ATX 1.jpg
ATX 2.jpg
You have certainly nailed the Old School style. Looks great.

Gator Pit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator
Occupation
Operations Manager
Looks good, but not much room up front. Any rub when you go lock to lock?
No rub, I have a 2" Mopar lift to put on and AAL fender chop to do still. Should be good after that.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
There's a story on Mopar insiders yesterday where a JL has been spotted testing with 35s. I think it said they were BFG AT KO2s. Jeep seems to think they're Jeep-worthy, and from experience I can tell you they're pretty quiet. Might be your answer right there.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone know what that fender extension is?
Factory on the Sport trim

I'm late to the party but BFG KO2s are my favorite AT tire and I used to work in the industry for one of their competitors.

Sponsored

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate
35/11.5/R17 Toyo Open Country A/T IIIs are extremely quiet and balanced perfectly for us!

Last edited:

Lake Miller

First Name
Lake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Web Developer
I need to verify this answer on Google, and it seems like its Toyo tires Open Country M/T model. Here is what I found out on the internet regarding this product:

The tread is computer-optimized to minimize road noise and make it one of the quietest MT tires available.

You may want to check out this article for more options and information on which tires to install on your Gladiator:

https://tirereviewsandmore.com/top-10-mud-terrain-tires/

Last edited:

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
There's a story on Mopar insiders yesterday where a JL has been spotted testing with 35s. I think it said they were BFG AT KO2s. Jeep seems to think they're Jeep-worthy, and from experience I can tell you they're pretty quiet. Might be your answer right there.
392 Recon has them

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
Technically 34s. 285/75/17 nittos. Cant tell a difference in road noise (below 70mph) compared to OEM dueller 32s that came with my overland. They maybe get a little louder above 70 but really depends on the road quality. I did buy the 6ply vs 10...not many brands have 6 ply in this size. Didnt care to sacrifice any ride quality since i dont off road enough.
Jeep Gladiator Jeep worthy 35's that are quiet on Hwy DF6ADF06-29F9-4C25-A7D3-11A47E20166E
Sponsored