Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Installed the Oracle LED Rear Bumper Reverse Lights and man do they light up the dark. I'm pleasantly surprise at how oem they look, fitment was nice, install was clean and the have a tap into the rear taillight.
20210819_201229.jpg

20210819_201237.jpg
Awesome build, Jon! Coming along nicely and thanks for including ORACLE Lighting on your rig. Appreciate the great review :handsinair:

-Rachel
Sponsored

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
Installed the Armorlite Flooring in the Jeep. Total time was about 2.5 hours. I did not take off any trim, just loosened them to get it in place.
20210819_184920.jpg

The seat was actually really easy to take out. The first attempt I went through the back, come to realize you can slide it out of the front door. So that was slick.

20210819_184637.jpg

Overall... I'm very pleased with this purchase. The floor looks high quality, and I believe helps tremendously with the road noise from the tires.

This I would recommend for those with the budget and looking for a little more noise reduction.
What was the trick to disconnect the seat pressure sensor wire connector? I know there is some secure tab that needs to be depressed or pushed apart to get the connector apart, but couldn't figure it out.

I fussed with trying to get it separated for 1/2 hour and said screw it.

OP
OP
FREEZE451

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
What was the trick to disconnect the seat pressure sensor wire connector? I know there is some secure tab that needs to be depressed or pushed apart to get the connector apart, but couldn't figure it out.

I fussed with trying to get it separated for 1/2 hour and said screw it.
Is that the little yellow one? I guess I didn't look to much into it:

- Yellow guy --> Pulled the red tab away from the connection, pressed down on it and pulled and it came off.
- Bigger block one --> Pulled tab back again, this one one I had to push forward, press down hard and then pull. I think on the passenger one I actually used a screen driver to lift the tab from the inside.. if that helps at all?

OP
OP
FREEZE451

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the 3Wliner window module with a change.

Only put the 12v to the cigarette lighter positive. Only works when the car is on, which I like.

I did not want the windows to roll up on lock, and I'm not in dire need to roll the windows down prior to entry.

But windows down and up with one touch work :)
Jeep Gladiator Jon's Jeep Build 20210820_202700

HeartwoodJT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
How much did the dealer charge?

I had my local dealer install my 4.88 gears to help with my 37's.
Jeep Gladiator Jon's Jeep Build 20210820_202700

If you're reading this, you probably know by now that you'll get people calling you an idiot to regear or praise you as a savior for doing it.

Personally, I think they made a difference that I'm all in favor for. After putting 20k on 37" Ridge Grapplers, I came accustom to being slow (it's a Jeep, I know that).

Well, I wanted a pick me up to no feel so sluggish and after debating for almost a year, pulled the trigger and had them install.

Had a couple hiccups with the dealership, but they have taken very good care of me, so I can't complain.

Again, another purchase I'm super happy with and driving my car feels like a typical car, it doesn't have that Jeep lag, so... Go team!

Sponsored

HeartwoodJT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Oh wow that’s not bad! I’m in Bismarck and I’ve been trying to avoid the dealer but will have to try. The aftermarket shops here have quoted as low as $3900 and high as $5k for the whole thing. Do you know if they had the option of 5.13? Any thoughts on if they are voiding any of your warranty?

$800ish each axle can't recall %100 I'd have to find my receipt.

OP
OP
FREEZE451

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh wow that’s not bad! I’m in Bismarck and I’ve been trying to avoid the dealer but will have to try. The aftermarket shops here have quoted as low as $3900 and high as $5k for the whole thing. Do you know if they had the option of 5.13? Any thoughts on if they are voiding any of your warranty?
So I paid just over $1k for parts and $2k for labor.

$3k all in.

I just told them I wanted 4.88 and they said no problem.

I did ask about warranty, and the response was that anything that is not impacted by changing the gears is still covered.

To what extent, I'm not sure exactly.

I'm 200 miles away from 36,000 so I went with it.

So far, glad I went 4.88 as I don't tow anything hardly ever, but did not want the sluggish feeling anymore.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
How do you like those tube doors? I’ve been thinking about getting the same ones.

OP
OP
FREEZE451

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you like those tube doors? I’ve been thinking about getting the same ones.
Had them on for about 2k miles and have not put them back on. So.... I'd rather not have them on lol but they worked, took a lot of adjusting to get to fit right. Think I paid a little over 400 on ebay a while back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FREEZE451

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Due to my RSE steps rusting out and the gears not working anymore - I now had to get some new steps. My wife now 6 months pregnant has refused to get into my Jeep unless it has steps, rightfully so.

I ordered a set of contoured steps from Rough Country - they showed up without the brackets.

I called and was informed they would be getting out next week - which came and left - so stopped in at my dealership and ironically had a set that I was okay with.

So, not I'm going to return the Rough Country as 3 weeks with no steps was way too much for my wife.
Jeep Gladiator Jon's Jeep Build 20210921_073437

Jeep Gladiator Jon's Jeep Build 20210921_073429

(Apologies on the solar flare).

lkosh

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
It looks like you're running 37s with the stock rims? Do you have any rubbing during normal driving? Have you tried a full articulation to see if you might get any rubbing from them?

OP
OP
FREEZE451

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks like you're running 37s with the stock rims? Do you have any rubbing during normal driving? Have you tried a full articulation to see if you might get any rubbing from them?

2" lift helps.

I did rub a little on first install, and was told they have an ability to limit the turn ratio - which they must have.

I honestly never confirmed that with anyone, based on the fact it did not rub anymore.

Haven't fully pressed it offroad either - basically all flat fields here :/
Sponsored