Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Another question about Jscan, can I leave the cable plugged in at all times. its a bitch to get to.
Get the ZAutomotive extension cable. It extends the security gateway jacks down so they are easy to reach. Then you can connect the bypass cable whenever needed without tearing up your hands.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The fog lights help light up the ditch better than the high beams do on their own. I live in a rural area with lots of wildlife, I want all the help I can get.
20221205_211733~2.jpg
What a beautiful shot! Cool!
Yeah, the high beams are more for distant view, fogs are for slow driving/close-up viewing, seeing the edge of the road.
I've found my high beams do pretty well lighting up off the sides where the critters lurk to pounce on you, though, so no need. At least not yet. I guess never say never.
Around here you don't want high beams on with bad weather. The view is actually technically worse. Snow on the roads that have no shoulder and if you miss the road - well, it's a bad thing, GOOD fog lights are indispensable. Thus, my move to DiodeDynamics selective yellow. What a big difference seeing the sides of the road and the shoulder or ditch or edge just ahead.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
What a beautiful shot! Cool!
Yeah, the high beams are more for distant view, fogs are for slow driving/close-up viewing, seeing the edge of the road.
I've found my high beams do pretty well lighting up off the sides where the critters lurk to pounce on you, though, so no need. At least not yet. I guess never say never.
Around here you don't want high beams on with bad weather. The view is actually technically worse. Snow on the roads that have no shoulder and if you miss the road - well, it's a bad thing, GOOD fog lights are indispensable. Thus, my move to DiodeDynamics selective yellow. What a big difference seeing the sides of the road and the shoulder or ditch or edge just ahead.
I totally agree with you. I've switched out my fogs for better ones.
But I'm not talking about when the weather is bad, I'd like the "ditch" lights for when the weather is good too.
I don't want lights that are illegal, or to add any unwanted attention. I just want to use what I have.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I totally agree with you. I've switched out my fogs for better ones.
But I'm not talking about when the weather is bad, I'd like the "ditch" lights for when the weather is good too.
I don't want lights that are illegal, or to add any unwanted attention. I just want to use what I have.
Very sad to say, back in the 1980s I lived on the edge of a wildlife preserve area - the roads pretty much ended a bit past me, a wilderness area (I assume federal, USACE site) and the roads were barely maintained, it was the edge of the world. Anyway, trees, grass, brush, whatever, up to the sides of the roads back then (more cleaned up now) and one day driving my AMX with old-school lights, just before the sun came up, that time of day it's hard to see anything but not real dark, a dog jumped up from out of nowhere. I KNOW I hit him. Dang, I was upset. I'd be late for work but I had to stop and look to find him. no luck. I hoped that meant he was ok or at least able to run and get the heck out of there. Better lights on the edges of the road where it met the wilderness might have helped. Dunno, but certainly would not have hurt. That bugs me to this very day, 40 years later.
Sponsored