First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
If I want to use the AlfaOBD, do I need anything besides these two things?
Screenshot_20221224_005035.jpg

Out of curiosity, what about Jscan?

Although, I'm leaning towards AlfaOBD at the moment. Mostly because my wife has a JLURD and I have the JTRD. Plus my inlaws have 2 Jeeps as well.

Thanks.
Sponsored

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Screenshot_20221224_005035.jpg

Although, I'm leaning towards AlfaOBD at the moment. Mostly because my wife has a JLURD and I have the JTRD. Plus my inlaws have 2 Jeeps as well.

Thanks.
After posting this, several other threads popped in my suggested threads. I think I got it figured out for now.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator JScan Help Screenshot_20221224_005035

Thanks.
Those will do it - but a warning -
AlfaOBD does not yet support 2022 Gladiators/Wranglers.
When are they going to? "when we get the info we need and have enough requests".
They actually state on their web site what happens first is dependent on the number of requests.
So I suggest Gladiator owners storm them with requests LOL

JSCAN handles my 2022 just fine - but I much prefer the logging in AlfaOBD (well, I did on my 2020, it can't fully access my 2022 yet)

AlfaOBD will work with any FCA vehicle with one license.
JSCAN is licensed per VIN. Have two Jeeps - you need two licenses.
When you trade Jeeps you need to buy a new license for the new VIN.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
When are they going to? "when we get the info we need and have enough requests".
They actually state on their web site what happens first is dependent on the number of requests.

JSCAN handles my 2022 just fine - but I much prefer the logging in AlfaOBD (well, I did on my 2020, it can't fully access my 2022 yet)

What exactly are you not able to do on the 2022 with AlfaOBD? Everything should function the same no matter what model year, you just need to go into settings and check the box for “do not verify ECU” so you don’t get the unable to identify pop ups. Also, if there’s a module not in the gladiator modules list that you need access to, just switch over to a different vehicle that does have the module you need, and you can connect to it that way.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What exactly are you not able to do on the 2022 with AlfaOBD? Everything should function the same no matter what model year, you just need to go into settings and check the box for “do not verify ECU” so you don’t get the unable to identify pop ups. Also, if there’s a module not in the gladiator modules list that you need access to, just switch over to a different vehicle that does have the module you need, and you can connect to it that way.
Couldn't get to anything engine-wise - PCM
I tried to check some things like CCDIFF and it said it wasn't able to get there.
I tried several times, and each time it err'd out saying it couldn't connect.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Simply because it's you, you know your stuff more than almost anyone else on such systems, I'll try it again (likely after Christmas, now) and see if I can duplicate the issues and get some shots of it if I can. I'll follow exactly as you suggest to make sure I didn't think I was doing it, but not REALLY doing it.
If you say it should work - that's enough for me to give it another try in a couple of days. I really DO like AlfaOBD. The logging is fantastic when you are troubleshooting.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link

Thanks for that, and yes my Gladiator is a 22JTRD and the Wrangler is a 21JLURD.

Currently I want to adjust the TPMS set point, fogs with highbeams, hood alarm, eventually tire size on my Gladiator. I would also like to have full control of my lockers.

I tow and would like to setup a trailer camera, would be nice to have it on my 8.4 head unit, but I can deal with another screen if needed.

Maybe I'm going about this wrong?

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

It sounds like Alexey may have the info he needs to update AlfaOBD for 22s but so far hasn't had the time. It might not be a quick fix. I'll paste his last email below.

Thu, Dec 22 at 12:49 PM
Hi David,

I had some progress in getting the data, but now I need some time to add it to the app, could take a while, sorry…

Regards,

Alexey Chernikov

AlfaOBD

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for that, and yes my Gladiator is a 22JTRD and the Wrangler is a 21JLURD.

Currently I want to adjust the TPMS set point, fogs with highbeams, hood alarm, eventually tire size on my Gladiator. I would also like to have full control of my lockers.

I tow and would like to setup a trailer camera, would be nice to have it on my 8.4 head unit, but I can deal with another screen if needed.

I am currently using OBD JScan on my 22 Rubicon 3.6 to control all the things you mentioed with the exception of cameras and it works great for making changes.

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Jeep Gladiator JScan Help Screenshot_20221224_005035

Thanks.
While this is technically a "nice to have", it's as close to mandatory as it can possible be without actually being mandatory.

The SGW connections are way up behind your steering wheel, and hidden behind a poorly finished metal plate. I have fairly skinny hands, and while I was able to reach the ends of the cables with my fingertips, I cut my hand open several times on the metal plate just trying to get the cables to budge. Thankfully my tinier half was able to get them out eventually though.

This cable plugs into the original spot that's a pain in the ass to reach, and hangs down just behind the steering wheel trim panel, so you can easily reach and disconnect/reconnect in the future if you ever need to change anything else. I have two, just because it was still kind of a pain with just one.

SGW Extension Cable – Z Automotive

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Unsure about lockers, and yet I've seen beta screens that show the lockers on trail view.
Fogs with high beams (sort of defeats the whole purpose of fog lights but whatever) is doable, hood alarm, tire size, all doable.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Unsure about lockers, and yet I've seen beta screens that show the lockers on trail view.
Fogs with high beams (sort of defeats the whole purpose of fog lights but whatever) is doable, hood alarm, tire size, all doable.
The fog lights help light up the ditch better than the high beams do on their own. I live in a rural area with lots of wildlife, I want all the help I can get.
20221205_211733~2.jpg

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
The fog lights help light up the ditch better than the high beams do on their own. I live in a rural area with lots of wildlife, I want all the help I can get.
Second this. Ya need the high beams to see further down the road, but losing both the low beams AND the fogs really reduces the the light closer to the front. Adding the fogs back in helps for that.

What helped even more was adding a lightbar with driving light pattern leds in the middle, and floods on the ends. I have that powered from an aux switch, but triggered by the high beams. Really lights up the sides of the road so you can hopefully see the deer and moose BEFORE they step out onto the road.

OP
OP
kennyp

kennyp

First Name
kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Extrusion team Lead
Another question about Jscan, can I leave the cable plugged in at all times. its a bitch to get to.
Sponsored