Sponsored

JT Gladiator Upper Decker Hinged Cargo Basket Now Available!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
with the tent. I can attest, the shocks will not hold the deck up with the tent.
nothing a short 2x4 can't solve. Like a wooden hood prop.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
5”. Yep! How was the camping trip?
Camping?? Cold and rainy snowy. Here's a photo from inside my tent, lol.

How was Wheelin', AWESOME! @pilotpat took a bunch of gopro footage. he or I will post up stuff in the great lakes thread later this week.

20191012_005820.jpg

bmilleker

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
@ACE Engineering, I noticed in the some of the videos that when lifting up from one side, the deck likes to sag to the other. How solid is the centre of the deck? Have you thought about adding structural support to the underside of the deck? U-channel ribs comes to mind.

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
@ACE Engineering, I noticed in the some of the videos that when lifting up from one side, the deck likes to sag to the other. How solid is the centre of the deck? Have you thought about adding structural support to the underside of the deck? U-channel ribs comes to mind.
It's very solid, we don't see any need to add center supports or ribs. Here's over 1,200 lbs without it budging at all.

Standing on.JPG

Thank you,

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I agree with the guys from Ace...when I first unpackaged it, I noticed the flex and it does flex when lifting it, but when it is sitting on the bed rails, it is very solid, no flex or noticeable bounce anywhere on the deck.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
66EC4F6C-2AA5-4CA2-A5B5-A989B696ED84.jpeg
F6226335-1786-4199-B339-8A78F2A4FA81.jpeg
314952D5-0728-4E10-A8B0-7191DF0274C1.jpeg
Mine is almost installed. Trying to find more M4 nut zerts. The bedliner was so thick, the nutzerts wouldn’t seat right. Figured out I needed to cut away some to make them work. They only sent the exact qty so I’ve been searching for more. None of the five local home improvement stores or the several auto parts stores have them and most didn’t even know what they are!
Are you happy with the Decked system? It was my original plan with just different rack system (FabFours or Leitner) but now that I went with the Upper Decker and their crossbars, not sure I need the drawers. I have some larger size Pelican cases that I think are going to serve the same purpose.

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Are you happy with the Decked system? It was my original plan with just different rack system (FabFours or Leitner) but now that I went with the Upper Decker and their crossbars, not sure I need the drawers. I have some larger size Pelican cases that I think are going to serve the same purpose.
I like the Decked but still not sure it is the best answer. Since you can reach most of the bed from the side and back, it might be ok to only have the Upper Decker as long as you can secure the payload in the bed so it doesn't move around on you.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I like the Decked but still not sure it is the best answer. Since you can reach most of the bed from the side and back, it might be ok to only have the Upper Decker as long as you can secure the payload in the bed so it doesn't move around on you.
Yeah, I plan to cut some 2x4 and 2x6 to fit in the slots to help with that, otherwise, just a pullout tray would be ideal...I do think there is another competitor to Decked that has one...Truckbrigade.com has some cool Overland products for the Gladiator and the other company (I can't actually remember its name) is advertised a lot in the available products.

kstine98

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Sport S max tow
Ordered mine

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nutsert tool arrived. Now just waiting on the Upper Decker. Hopefully it’s shipping soon.

2F7D72A3-12D4-41FB-AC7A-6FA3FE51B47C.jpeg
My tool worked great...wish I had it 5 years ago when I put Metal Cloak fenders on my JK!! The whole "stroke" calculation is a bit hard to figure out. I don't know if I was setting my took right, but I just left the setting pretty much centered for the first crimp and then like the video says, turned the knob a few twists and crimped again. It worked fine for both the M5 and M4 nut rivets until I busted my M4 mandrel. It's good you have the extra rivets...if you bust your M4 mandrel, you can always open the holes and go M5 which is waht I will be doing soon for my cam latches which I only have held in place now with self tapping screws.

SKETCHY JEEP

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
My tool worked great...wish I had it 5 years ago when I put Metal Cloak fenders on my JK!! The whole "stroke" calculation is a bit hard to figure out. I don't know if I was setting my took right, but I just left the setting pretty much centered for the first crimp and then like the video says, turned the knob a few twists and crimped again. It worked fine for both the M5 and M4 nut rivets until I busted my M4 mandrel. It's good you have the extra rivets...if you bust your M4 mandrel, you can always open the holes and go M5 which is waht I will be doing soon for my cam latches which I only have held in place now with self tapping screws.
yeah I've heard a few people saying the m4 mandrels don't really last

kstine98

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Sport S max tow
Anyone in the St. Louis / Southern Illinois area want to share or rent me a nutsert?

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Anyone in the St. Louis / Southern Illinois area want to share or rent me a nutsert?
I am not, but for the $40-$50 they cost on Amazon, you really can't go wrong buying one. I wish I had bought mine for my last build, and it will come in handy for me I know in the future.
Sponsored