Sponsored

JT Gladiator Upper Decker Hinged Cargo Basket Now Available!

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Here you go.

Thank you,

ACEJTRTT-Dimensions.jpg
I know that 2 months ago you said you had no plans for a full height rack, but sometimes we don't need a tent on there, sometimes we need a canoe or long kayak or just a long ladder. Keeping things low is great for wind resistance, but some things are long enough that they really should go over the top of the truck.

REALLY hoping that you change your minds and make some full-height cross bar accessories as well, because I absolutely love this tray concept, and these bars seem perfect for a tent, but I can't own a pickup truck and not have the ability to occasionally carry my canoe, sea kayaks, or 32' extension ladder!
Sponsored

Madpax

First Name
Paxton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Anyone know the hight from the deck to the bottom of the add on tent brackets? Can a 13.5” wide tire fit in between the deck and the tent brackets?

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
Anyone know the hight from the deck to the bottom of the add on tent brackets? Can a 13.5” wide tire fit in between the deck and the tent brackets?
It's 13.5" from the top of the basket to the bottom most point of the Roof Top Tent Mounts.

Thank you,

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 JLUR
Just ordered mine a few minutes ago. I have to say this is exactly what I was looking for so thank you to the guys at ACE for this and I am glad (for my needs) you made it waterproof without the holes that were present in version 1! I look forward to it arriving and with the whole XMAS20 deal going on it made it a no brainer purchase consider MOPAR wants $800 for their hard fold tonneau with no additional function, static load capability or up-gradable options like this one (RTT, mounts, etc). Is the 3-4 weeks lead time still accurate?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
Just ordered mine a few minutes ago. I have to say this is exactly what I was looking for so thank you to the guys at ACE for this and I am glad (for my needs) you made it waterproof without the holes that were present in version 1! I look forward to it arriving and with the whole XMAS20 deal going on it made it a no brainer purchase consider MOPAR wants $800 for their hard fold tonneau with no additional function, static load capability or up-gradable options like this one (RTT, mounts, etc). Is the 3-4 weeks lead time still accurate?
Yes, probably a little closer to the 4 week mark due to the holiday.

Thank you,

aj8544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR,2018 Wrangler JLU 2.0, 2018 F150
I know that 2 months ago you said you had no plans for a full height rack, but sometimes we don't need a tent on there, sometimes we need a canoe or long kayak or just a long ladder. Keeping things low is great for wind resistance, but some things are long enough that they really should go over the top of the truck.

REALLY hoping that you change your minds and make some full-height cross bar accessories as well, because I absolutely love this tray concept, and these bars seem perfect for a tent, but I can't own a pickup truck and not have the ability to occasionally carry my canoe, sea kayaks, or 32' extension ladder!
Wondering if anyone has tried mounting a bed rack to the upper decker yet? And is the deck portion substantial enough to mount rails/ tracks for removable load bars/ racks- like many do on the diamondback covers? This thing could be a diamondback killer if those things are possible- especially for the price.

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wondering if anyone has tried mounting a bed rack to the upper decker yet? And is the deck portion substantial enough to mount rails/ tracks for removable load bars/ racks- like many do on the diamondback covers? This thing could be a diamondback killer if those things are possible- especially for the price.
I am still waiting for mine to arrive but I plan on modding the heck out of it. I am going to add some custom awning arms to it, add on a spare tire holder under the add on RTT mounts, and do a bed lined two tone thing with a decent size gladiator helmet right in the center lol. The guys at ACE showed a photo where they had over 1200lbs on it and it held up. I have no plan to add that much weight to it honestly but its good to know it could hold that kind of weight static I suppose. Once it gets here and I start modding it up I will post a thread for it, just ordered so likely 4 or 5 weeks away from that yet.

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone that has this (or @ACE Engineering ;) ) possibly give me a few measurements please! I am fabricating an awning holder to work in tandem with a side opening RTT.

1. Measurement between the pre-drilled holes along the front and back perimeter rail.
2. Width between driver and passenger side holes center to center.

Thanks!

ACEJTUD-BB_2000x.jpg

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Can anyone that has this (or @ACE Engineering ;) ) possibly give me a few measurements please! I am fabricating an awning holder to work in tandem with a side opening RTT.

1. Measurement between the pre-drilled holes along the front and back perimeter rail.
2. Width between driver and passenger side holes center to center.

Thanks!

ACEJTUD-BB_2000x.jpg
61 1/4” front to back center to center. 58” side to side center to center.

Sponsored

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Thank you so much!
No worries! Can’t wat to see what you build! The Upper Decker has been nice! I’m waiting on some tent brackets that I plan to use as crossbars for kayaks & Traxmax.