Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Area Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Finally warm enough to get my JT Plate from Hauk off-road installed. I dig how well it adds to the interior.

20200404_180728.jpg
Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Finally warm enough to get my JT Plate from Hauk off-road installed. I dig how well it adds to the interior.

20200404_180728.jpg
Does look nice, but wish there wasnā€™t an airbag behind it... could be a projectile if airbag deploys.

robburns76

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max tow
Does look nice, but wish there wasnā€™t an airbag behind it... could be a projectile if airbag deploys.
Agreed. Looks Great but unfortunately that is exactly where the airbag will come out of (splits right down the center)

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
It looks great, but I really canā€™t believe they sell that given its location. I would buy it as a vinyl sticker though...

A636F768-A3DD-4BA1-B89E-64DCF047DAB7.jpeg

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I agree too. I bought it but will put it in the garage somewhere.

Sponsored

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
Just ordered. That's pretty cool.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
It looks great, but I really canā€™t believe they sell that given its location. I would buy it as a vinyl sticker though...

A636F768-A3DD-4BA1-B89E-64DCF047DAB7.jpeg
This makes me feel better about the CMM ball on the grab handle and much worse about anything not vinyl on the dash. From where the markings are, I expected the airbags to deploy up and over the grab handle but this would turn even a plastic plate into something super dangerous.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Takata katana.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Anyone ever make a non metal decal version of this? I sent a message to hauk, but did not recieved a reply.

OP
OP
Akiodesign

Akiodesign

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Area Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
The plate is plastic.
Did they change it? The description says it's a mix of abs plastic and stainless steel.

Product Description
Show off the specifications of your JT Gladiator with this ABS plastic/stainless steel data plate! This high quality, laser printed plate features a durable satin clear coat finish and self adhesive backing that installs in minutes. Dimensions 8" x 2-1/2"

OP
OP
Akiodesign

Akiodesign

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Area Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Did they change it? The description says it's a mix of abs plastic and stainless steel.

Product Description
Show off the specifications of your JT Gladiator with this ABS plastic/stainless steel data plate! This high quality, laser printed plate features a durable satin clear coat finish and self adhesive backing that installs in minutes. Dimensions 8" x 2-1/2"
Not sure. The one that I have definitely feels and looks plastic. Maybe the etching is what they are referring to.

athous

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
loved the idea of this and for 2 weeks it looked great. However it detached partially on the top and left the worlds worst residue behind. The dash on my Mojave is somewhat curved and the finish isnā€™t exactly smooth. I cleaned the best I could with alcohol prior to install and than taped the plate down to help it seal. However after a 93 degree day in so cal it lifted and wouldnā€™t retain its adhesion thereafter. I carefully pulled it off but it left the worlds worst residue behind. I tried alcohol and goof off and neither did anything. I just ended up putting a vinyl sticker over it but that looks like hell due to the residue behind it. Definitely not worth the headache it caused. Considered heating the plate to get a curve out of it. But didnā€™t want to make the situation worst so I just moved on. However itā€™s now the worst mod Iā€™d say for my rig. still bitter about it to be honest

FormerToyotaGuy

First Name
Acen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Legislative
I think it looks cool, ol fashioned like the old brass plates. I ordered one had it on for a few weeks then decided to put it on the tool box in garage, not keen on it being right on air bag spot :(

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
The plate is plastic.
I saw one today at a dealer, they installed as part of an $8000 package. The parts manager confirmed it is metal and they were concerned about liabiity in the event of an airbag deployment. I think it would cut you like a straight razor if it got sent out with the airbag.
Sponsored