First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Project Manager
I was recently gifted a Mopar steel bumper but the previous owner needed the LED lights and bracket for his new bumper. I have the JT Rubicon with plastic bumper and LED light package. I would like to reuse my LED fog lights but from what I've found so far is that it won't fit with it's mounting bracket. Can someone help me out and let me know what type of bracket I need to reuse by LED fogs.
Sponsored

Rhayez32

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Operator
I just went through this coming from a base Sport bumper to a steel bumper off a 392 Rubicon. Theres a lot of brackets that are similar but I ordered some off eBay like these.
Jeep Gladiator JT plastic bumper swap to steel bumper C840B7A5-0A9D-4EC6-8703-0A7E44228074

I did have to trim my existing fog light bracket since my base Sport came with the 3 hole mount halogens.
Jeep Gladiator JT plastic bumper swap to steel bumper FBCDC748-C8EA-4992-9903-027C643A1039

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I'd just buy the correct LED fogs used. They showup for sale on this forum and the JL forum for $50 quite often.

OP
OP

jhcullum

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
I'd just buy the correct LED fogs used. They showup for sale on this forum and the JL forum for $50 quite often.
I already have LED fogs that came in my plastic bumper, i'd rather find a way to reuse those.

OP
OP

jhcullum

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
I just went through this coming from a base Sport bumper to a steel bumper off a 392 Rubicon. Theres a lot of brackets that are similar but I ordered some off eBay like these.
Jeep Gladiator JT plastic bumper swap to steel bumper FBCDC748-C8EA-4992-9903-027C643A1039

I did have to trim my existing fog light bracket since my base Sport came with the 3 hole mount halogens.
I have the LED fog light but I believe its the same mounting bracket you have on your halogens. I've seen those brackets for about $69, not on eBay of course. For $19, I think I might give those a shot.
Appreciate it.

Sponsored

Rhayez32

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Operator
Yeah I had to trim the tab on the existing fog light bracket to get it to mount in the steel bumper. If you look at the photo I posted it would be the tab on the right side of the light. I think it turned out pretty good. There’s plenty of adjustment to get them aligned correctly.
Jeep Gladiator JT plastic bumper swap to steel bumper 771A80E0-ABE2-465D-B02A-1A3741D8C094

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 96 Chevy 3500, 89 XJ (project)
Any of you guys find that the fog light wiring seems overly exposed on the mopar steel bumper? I just got my gladiator that came with it. The plastic bumpers I have seen seem to have a plastic shield protecting the plug and back of the fog light. Or am I missing a part on my brand new ride :) .

Jeep Gladiator JT plastic bumper swap to steel bumper IMG_20230211_1855462

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
IT

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @StrainedSky. Guess I shouldn't be surprised a "premium" option from mopar isn't that premium :mad:

4-Play

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
You have to make it a stubby to use those panels. They are awesome. (No I don’t get paid to say that. :) )

Sponsored

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have to make it a stubby to use those panels. They are awesome. (No I don’t get paid to say that. :) )
Drat! thanks for clarifying. Will see if any other suggestions pop up. Otherwise I guess I need to troll the marketplace for someone looking to trash a plastic bumper and scavenge those parts.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
There's a YouTube video I seen of a guy who did that and used his fogs for new steel bumper. He just bought brackets. I'll see if I can find the video

Joe Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Any of you guys find that the fog light wiring seems overly exposed on the mopar steel bumper? I just got my gladiator that came with it. The plastic bumpers I have seen seem to have a plastic shield protecting the plug and back of the fog light. Or am I missing a part on my brand new ride :) .

Jeep Gladiator JT plastic bumper swap to steel bumper IMG_20230211_1855462

I reused the back panels from my plastic bumper to cover them up. I'm still deciding if i should add a fog in there or poke a hole so the front doesn't fill up with snow.
Jeep Gladiator JT plastic bumper swap to steel bumper Inside back bumper cover DR

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I reused the back panels from my plastic bumper to cover them up. I'm still deciding if i should add a fog in there or poke a hole so the front doesn't fill up with snow.
thanks @Joe Gladiator . that looks like a good solution. wish mopar could have spent the extra $2 i'm sure that part costs them to put it on their higher end bumper. off I go on a scavenger hunt
Sponsored