Jump Seats?

Cbakerak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Ecodiesel
Hey! Does anyone have or plan on putting in jump seats in their Gladiator like there was in the old Subaru Brats? Any links to a set or tips on installation would be appreciated. Thanks!
Jeep Gladiator Jump Seats? 51BF3320-044A-4DBD-94C2-E0034E5C5365
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
How much do you hate your riders? it's not hard or complicated and could be accommodated easily with the bracket kit that teraflex sells. I did it to my JKU for the dogs. The boys fit but only for so much longer. Humans can perch but a long ride and I'd be asked to put my teeth on the curb. The BRAT seats were to get around taxes, no one including Subaru ever actually thought you'd put real live humans back there.
Jeep Gladiator Jump Seats? 2021-05-15

OP
OP

Cbakerak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Ecodiesel
How much do you hate your riders? it's not hard or complicated and could be accommodated easily with the bracket kit that teraflex sells. I did it to my JKU for the dogs. The boys fit but only for so much longer. Humans can perch but a long ride and I'd be asked to put my teeth on the curb. The BRAT seats were to get around taxes, no one including Subaru ever actually thought you'd put real live humans back there.
Jeep Gladiator Jump Seats? 2021-05-15
Thanks! My Dad absolutely made me ride in ours growing up. I will look for the teraflex kit! 👍

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
The kit is two brackets for a jku to fit a jk back seat. You drill some holes, install some rivnuts and mount you seat. Depending on how you orient the pins it can face forwards or backwards and will still fold and tumble.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAEegQIGRAC&usg=AOvVaw01K3p7iWDqaPcE1y4y8_J9

I got my harnesses from www.rallylights.com Will knew exactly what I needed when I said I want to use the factory latch points, these clip on the seat just like a car seat in the front and then have a seatbelt type latch on the back that also clips to the latch point. The girls have leash clips for the seatbelt latch and now everyone can ride "safe".

For short hops its okay but for longer hauls you have no leg room, its strictly dogs kids and groceries. I tried fitting as a joke and the joke was on me. I could make it work backwards but had to pull the tail gate, less than ideal for most situations. Were I running a technical in a boarder brush war sure... but not suburban long island.

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Old thread I know, but I was recently on Engineer Pass between Lake City and Ouray Colorado, and I saw a JT with seats mounted in the bed. It looked like it was probably a tour company. I saw them from a distance so I'm not sure if they used this kind of kit or had something fabricated.

Anyone else seen seats or kits for the JT?
Sponsored