First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeel Gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
I installed an anderson plug in my bumper and use the Energizer anderson jumper cables. I run my winch off the same plug. I got rid of the winch disconnect... don't have to open my hood now.
Sponsored

HardCase

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Lawyer
I’ve jumped about a dozen vehicles with my 21 in the 17 months I’ve owned it, most of them Subarus curiously. It’s now referred to as the SRV…..Subaru Recovery Vehicle.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I installed an anderson plug in my bumper and use the Energizer anderson jumper cables. I run my winch off the same plug. I got rid of the winch disconnect... don't have to open my hood now.
So you have full battery power in the bumper, ready to get squished in a front end collision? It's not the winch we get concerned about, it's the fact there's power at the bumper ready for someone who has enjoyed a bit too much whacky tobacky to be driving to blow through a light and hit the bumper and pinch cables, shorting things, causing a fire.

I don't have to open my hood to use the winch, either..... I push aux switch #3, up the idle with my phone, and go to the winch, ready to go...... and I don't care if I have to open the hood to jump start someone - I'm going to have to get out of the truck anyway for that. (no way some moron is going to hook cables to my truck....... my cables, I make the connection, properly)

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Not jumper cables, but I did buy a cheapish air compressor off of Amazon in the hopes that I would one day get to visit a trail that required me to air down.

In the ensuing year and a half (including 6+ months in the shop) I've used it probably 2 dozen times to either top off low tires or fill up flats. Granted, paying for air 24 times at the gas station air pump probably doesn't have me sitting even yet but it's been great to do it all in the driveway.

Oh and I wouldn't be so sure about not being able to "find" the terminals, or at least reach them. While I'm in the shop we're borrowing my in-laws Acura MDX and there's enough plastic shielding the battery that you had better break out socket wrench and probably lose a few clips along the way. A guy asked me for a jump in the parking lot and after 10 minutes of digging through the manual and youtube we just flagged down someone else.

PLEG1972

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeel Gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
So you have full battery power in the bumper, ready to get squished in a front end collision? It's not the winch we get concerned about, it's the fact there's power at the bumper ready for someone who has enjoyed a bit too much whacky tobacky to be driving to blow through a light and hit the bumper and pinch cables, shorting things, causing a fire.

I don't have to open my hood to use the winch, either..... I push aux switch #3, up the idle with my phone, and go to the winch, ready to go...... and I don't care if I have to open the hood to jump start someone - I'm going to have to get out of the truck anyway for that. (no way some moron is going to hook cables to my truck....... my cables, I make the connection, properly)
If that happens I have way more shit to worry about. Should have asked to see it before assuming.

Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Well, I just jump started my daughter's car last weekend. So yes you can.
I used my Noco boost to jump start my wife's Subaru, then replaced the OEM battery.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have one of these in the "go to" box in my truck....better safe than sorry

https://www.amazon.com/GOOLOO-Super...d_rd_i=B084YQSVZ6&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_rp_13_t

1668011947394.png
Only USB charging? No wall outlet charging, no 12v charging?
Seems charging a 12volt device via a 5 volt tiny USB cord through an adapter would take forever.

Back on the original topic, after this turned into "the best portable charge pack, my choice is obviously the best" instead of "can I jump start other vehicles with my truck"

The bottom line is you can jump start any Jeep from another vehicle, and you can jump start any other vehicle from your Jeep.
(Well, you won't be jump starting that big Peterbilt diesel tractor or your local farmers JD combine from your Jeep, but that's getting silly, now)

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Only USB charging? No wall outlet charging, no 12v charging?
Seems charging a 12volt device via a 5 volt tiny USB cord through an adapter would take forever.

Back on the original topic, after this turned into "the best portable charge pack, my choice is obviously the best" instead of "can I jump start other vehicles with my truck"

The bottom line is you can jump start any Jeep from another vehicle, and you can jump start any other vehicle from your Jeep.
(Well, you won't be jump starting that big Peterbilt diesel tractor or your local farmers JD combine from your Jeep, but that's getting silly, now)
The description says USB C for fast charging. It's like the one on my noco gbx 155. Very fast compared to the old USB micro. Don't even need the fast charge adapter anymore.
Sponsored