omgoddard

omgoddard

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 DJTR, 2013 JKU
Truck is at the dealer now, so we'll see what outcome is.

I'm hung up on that I drive around town with mixed highway 20-30 mins here and there, weekend trips of 3ish hours 1 way pretty often and have never had any issues w/ exhaust system.

When this happened I had just finished zooming thru the Colorado Mountains on i70. Engine was getting plenty of RPM's traveling 70-80mph.

As far as cooling - I've seen some temps climb up while doing the steep grades (I never tow anything) but not enough to put me into limp mode.
Sponsored

Deleted member 47279

Interesting. Are you going to try an oil cooler upgrade? Maybe the oil cooler housing bypass plate and a full flow cooler? Theres room for a long narrow one under the bottom of the radiator but it will not get much airflow.
i also may have damaged my rad fins while mudding, so I just wanna redo the whole system. Big ass rad. TMIC, and oil cooler

Deleted member 47279

Also when this happened I drove 3 more hours at 80mph lol honestly the exshaust is the bigger issue with these motors more so that cooling.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Also when this happened I drove 3 more hours at 80mph lol honestly the exshaust is the bigger issue with these motors more so that cooling.
Exhaust, do you mean EGT's? I think my EGT's are reasonable even with the banks. It usually stays around 1200 peak but can definitely hit near 1500 if you stomp it uphill when heat soaked.

Deleted member 47279

Exhaust, do you mean EGT's? I think my EGT's are reasonable even with the banks. It usually stays around 1200 peak but can definitely hit near 1500 if you stomp it uphill when heat soaked.
i need to put my banks data thing back up.

Sponsored

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
i need to put my banks data thing back up.
Thinking hard about getting one of those. I like that you can force a regen with it and not have to go to the dealer. (if I read that right)

Deleted member 47279

Thinking hard about getting one of those. I like that you can force a regen with it and not have to go to the dealer. (if I read that right)
I never heard that. It tell you the soot level and you can drive further to push it down. But never a manual regen option.

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Jeep Gladiator Just got back from a 4200 mile road trip out West with my EcoDiesel 1656464732555

Gotta research and see if the Ecodiesel is one of them.

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
No regear for 40s? I probably would even though the diesel has good tourqe.

OP
OP
omgoddard

omgoddard

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 DJTR, 2013 JKU
Update:

Dealer had the truck for 12ish days - mostly waiting for some parts. My AC was fixed due to a bad condenser (no biggie!).

Now for the diesel exhaust issues, this is from the dealer notes.

P24A4-00 Active Set Code. Cleared codes and tested again and code did not return. No EGT sensor codes present. No Excessive Dirt in the Air Intake system and no leaks in the turbo air system. No leaks or restrictions in exhaust system.

Found pressure sensor readings out of spec. Pressure sensor needs replaced.
Removed DPF and replaced differential pressure switch.
Performed stationary regen and cleared DTC's.

Part Details:
68302134-AA SENSOR DI 08037155

I've since put on 3-4k miles with a few 5 hour drives and all has been good.

Sponsored

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
That’s pretty likely, it’s a simple diaphragm or at least my duramax was. When I deleted it I had to run a tube from one side of the sensor to the other to trick it into equal pressure.
Sponsored