Sponsored

Just ordered 2022 Sport base w/ Auto in Washington State.

Attoir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ
Placed deposit for white 22 Sport, only option being auto for $36100 inc Destination. No affiliate discount or anything. Ordered it from a dealer in Marysville. I was pretty coldhearted about it, just playing dealers against each other till I got close to the pricing I was hearing about on here. Feels bad but is what it is. Had a bunch laugh at me over the phone when I said I was quoted below invoice. Had a few bait me into long convos just to quote me MSRP.

Anyway, was told 8-12 weeks. Excited to get it, gonna be a budget build up to 37's with selectable rear and lunchbox front locker. Snow wheeling is my jam. Looking forward to participating on the forum and maybe meeting some folks on the trail.
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
No max tow package? Will you regear or run 37s with 3.73s?

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
No max tow package? Will you regear or run 37s with 3.73s?
This, Max Tow is a bargain and a must have option if you are going automatic

OP
OP

Attoir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ
This, Max Tow is a bargain and a must have option if you are going automatic
Will regear. Even with 4.10's you benefit from regearing, didn't want to pay additional for gearing that was still too high. Will replace springs. Want a selectable locker. Want a bumper with a built in receiver, don't want to be dragging around a hitch.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Some things to point out that are worthwhile even if replacing most of everything like I have:

Max Tow comes with the 1.5" wider and thicker Dana 44 axles at 10mm of thickness.

Heavy-duty engine cooling

240 amp alternator

Bigger brakes

6,250 GVW rating

Totally worth it.

Jeep Gladiator Just ordered 2022 Sport base w/ Auto in Washington State. F9452A17-0A85-49B1-9596-43B0AF43DDB3

Sponsored

Snowz

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport , 2016 JKUR ,2017 Ram 3500
Occupation
Lineman
I just bought mine, 21 Sport 3.6 6MT with tow package, bed liner, tinted windows, all weather mats and aux switches. when I ordered I negotiated the price at 37,500. when it came in they played the "price adjustment" game and I ended up out the door at 38,100. supposedly 100 dollars over invoice...that price is with soft top only BTW.

OP
OP

Attoir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ
I just bought mine, 21 Sport 3.6 6MT with tow package, bed liner, tinted windows, all weather mats and aux switches. when I ordered I negotiated the price at 37,500. when it came in they played the "price adjustment" game and I ended up out the door at 38,100. supposedly 100 dollars over invoice...that price is with soft top only BTW.
I wanted the 6MT big time, but went auto for 'reasons'.

Snowz

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport , 2016 JKUR ,2017 Ram 3500
Occupation
Lineman
I really enjoy my 6 speed, but my Fathers Recon extreme JL with 4.56 gears and the 8 speed auto is pretty hard to beat.

If I were to order one again, I would have a very hard time giving up the max tow package in trade to keep the 6MT.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Placed deposit for white 22 Sport, only option being auto for $36100 inc Destination. No affiliate discount or anything. Ordered it from a dealer in Marysville. I was pretty coldhearted about it, just playing dealers against each other till I got close to the pricing I was hearing about on here. Feels bad but is what it is. Had a bunch laugh at me over the phone when I said I was quoted below invoice. Had a few bait me into long convos just to quote me MSRP.

Anyway, was told 8-12 weeks. Excited to get it, gonna be a budget build up to 37's with selectable rear and lunchbox front locker. Snow wheeling is my jam. Looking forward to participating on the forum and maybe meeting some folks on the trail.
Kent Shurtleff at Peterson's in Nampa could have saved you a couple thousand - and it's only about $100 to fly out there to pick it up and maybe $60-100 in gas to drive back. And no BS going from dealer to dealer.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Attoir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ
Kent Shurtleff at Peterson's in Nampa could have saved you a couple thousand - and it's only about $100 to fly out there to pick it up and maybe $60-100 in gas to drive back. And no BS going from dealer to dealer.
couple thousand? Not sure where you’re getting that from.

Kent was great but this beat his price plus had better financing options. Smaller deposit in case something happens. Plus this is a 1hr drive instead of a flight.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
couple thousand? Not sure where you’re getting that from.

Kent was great but this beat his price plus had better financing options. Smaller deposit in case something happens. Plus this is a 1hr drive instead of a flight.
Did not know you had talked to him.

I went to several dealers in the south end, he saved me a couple thousand over what the local dealers were asking - and a couple even laughed when I presented what Kent offered and declined to counter offer - might have stayed local if they came within $500. If you got a better deal in Marysville - then happy for you. :) Kent did come in 6-7% under INVOICE on both vehicles I purchased there - a Wrangler and a Gladiator, both special ordered. But I got my Gladiator before the chip shortage hit so maybe many of the discounts are no longer available.

Each vehicle's savings was around $2,000 based on comparing what the local dealers were asking and what Kent asked.

OP
OP

Attoir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ
Did not know you had talked to him.

I went to several dealers in the south end, he saved me a couple thousand over what the local dealers were asking - and a couple even laughed when I presented what Kent offered and declined to counter offer - might have stayed local if they came within $500. If you got a better deal in Marysville - then happy for you. :) Kent did come in 6-7% under INVOICE on both vehicles I purchased there - a Wrangler and a Gladiator, both special ordered. But I got my Gladiator before the chip shortage hit so maybe many of the discounts are no longer available.

Each vehicle's savings was around $2,000 based on comparing what the local dealers were asking and what Kent asked.
I was 6% under invoice. Tread Lightly no longer applies to 22my apparently. Kent was extremely close in price of the vehicle. The main difference was doc fee, financing incentive, and of course distance.

We had similar experiences in south sound. Larson in Puyallup literally laughed at me and was rude prior to that. I couldn't find anyone down here that'd do any better than MSRP.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I was 6% under invoice. Tread Lightly no longer applies to 22my apparently. Kent was extremely close in price of the vehicle. The main difference was doc fee, financing incentive, and of course distance.

We had similar experiences in south sound. Larson in Puyallup literally laughed at me and was rude prior to that. I couldn't find anyone down here that'd do any better than MSRP.
Larson was the worst of them. But Tacoma Dodge and Bud Clary, though nicer about it, did not budge much.

Bummer Tread Lightly does not apply any longer.

Hope you enjoy it when it arrives. I have enjoyed mine. Took it to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon for a camping/overlanding event and then to Moab for a week. Long wheel base and the fat back end were the main issues - hit the hitch quite a few times, and scraped bottom on a few rocks. But even with the bed loaded with the camping gear (did not feel like emptying it out into the small motel room) it handled like a goat. We did Fins and Things, Hell's Revenge (but not the difficult challanges), and Top of the World. I have a 2 inch Mopar lift and still have the stock 33's. Don't know if 35's would have made much difference or not.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
...just playing dealers against each other till I got close to the pricing I was hearing about on here. Feels bad but is what it is.
Why feel bad about your good negotiating skills?
The dealer won't sell something they can't make money on, or they'd be out of business.

Kevin
Sponsored