Sponsored

Just Ordered? Check in HERE!

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Challenger Hellcat. 17' Grand Cherokee SRT, 2021 Mojave,Loaded.
Call your dealer! They have a moment to update you on a 50-60k truck!
I did.
Jeep Chat even confirmed there's no build code assigned to it yet.
Sponsored

Daniel Snider

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach-1, 2021 Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Sales, and generally being awesone
I just ordered my 2021 Diesel Rubicon Gladiator..... super excited

Daniel Snider

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach-1, 2021 Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Sales, and generally being awesone
Just ordered my 2021 Rubicon today as well, but I went with gas after waffling on the diesel.
either way they’re both gonna be fun

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
either way they’re both gonna be fun
No doubt! Took me a while to finally strike the right balance of features to price.

Hardest choices were diesel and manual, but I want to be able to use the truck for towing and either of those choices knock down the towing capacity significantly.

Sponsored

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Count me in. 2021 JTR diesel. Ordered 7/20. Dealer tells me I’m D1 with a build date of Sept. 1. I’ve been waiting a year and a half for the diesel, so a few more weeks won’t kill me. I hope.

FreshRust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep XJ
Can’t wait, I pick up my sport with max tow up on Friday
Jeep Gladiator Just Ordered? Check in HERE! CA25C24D-F657-41BC-BC70-DF076287C7DF
Jeep Gladiator Just Ordered? Check in HERE! 92085164-73B9-407A-A44E-F67136FF4B4E

Last edited:

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
No doubt! Took me a while to finally strike the right balance of features to price.

Hardest choices were diesel and manual, but I want to be able to use the truck for towing and either of those choices knock down the towing capacity significantly.
Did I read this wrong or did you say the diesel can't tow as much as the gas JT? The manual I know because I went through the same decision battle. The diesel should hands down be able to tow more than the gas truck though, right?

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2011 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (sold), 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sport S (sold), 1997 TJ Sport (sold), 1981 Grand Wagonner lifted with w/ 35" BFG (sold), 1973 Cadillac Eldorado, 2012 Moomba Mojo
Occupation
Urban Planner
My Jeep finally came in 2 weeks ago, the morning I was leaving for a weeks vacation at our trailer.

Ordered May 29, was build by June 20, didn't ship until mid-July and arrived at the dealership July 31.

2020 Gladiator Rubicon

Ordered dual tops, and it seems the factory forgot the freedom panel storage bag. Dealership has one for me though.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
My Jeep finally came in 2 weeks ago, the morning I was leaving for a weeks vacation at our trailer.

Ordered May 29, was build by June 20, didn't ship until mid-July and arrived at the dealership July 31.

2020 Gladiator Rubicon

Ordered dual tops, and it seems the factory forgot the freedom panel storage bag. Dealership has one for me though.
Nice, what are you plans for it?

Sponsored

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Did I read this wrong or did you say the diesel can't tow as much as the gas JT? The manual I know because I went through the same decision battle. The diesel should hands down be able to tow more than the gas truck though, right?
I'm not sure of the exact number, I'm not sure if they've been released yet; but I've heard it from multiple sources that the diesel will have lower towing and payload capacity. Maybe 'significant' isn't the right word since I'm not sure of the exact number.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/diesel-gladiator-towing-and-payload.33281/

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I'm not sure of the exact number, I'm not sure if they've been released yet; but I've heard it from multiple sources that the diesel will have lower towing and payload capacity. Maybe 'significant' isn't the right word since I'm not sure of the exact number.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/diesel-gladiator-towing-and-payload.33281/
Hmm, that seems really off base. Its going to have so much low end torque that unless the vehicle itself is significantly heavier ..... I just couldn't see the towing capability being less.

timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Hmm, that seems really off base. Its going to have so much low end torque that unless the vehicle itself is significantly heavier ..... I just couldn't see the towing capability being less.
The dealer I ordered from told me "6,800 lbs" for maximum towing capacity on the Diesel Rubicon. I'm not sure where he got that information in late July.

Surfer Boy

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Met Rob Trachtman 8/7 Friday at Tuttle Click, Irvine and placed my order for a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon. Stingray grey, six speed manual, cargo and auxiliary group. That's it, 6-8 weeks.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Met Rob Trachtman 8/7 Friday at Tuttle Click, Irvine and placed my order for a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon. Stingray grey, six speed manual, cargo and auxiliary group. That's it, 6-8 weeks.
I think 6-8 weeks is SUPER optimistic. I've heard they have thousands pre-ordered and haven't even started production. Mine took 6 weeks almost to the day from when the build started.

Hopefully its that quick for you! Waiting is the worse!
Sponsored