Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I'm planning on ordering my first Jeep tomorrow. I'm going with the Gladiator Mojave I think unless someone changes my mind. I will be replacing my Polaris Ranger Crew Northstar with in and mainly will be using it as a side by side! I'm going with about every option available and can get employee pricing, not sure if there's a way to save any more or not. I know there was 2,000 in rebates on the Overland but need to call the dealer tomorrow and see if its the same on the Mojave. How long would you guys expect it to take for delivery from the day its ordered? I'm in lower MI, about an hour from Toledo. Also what are the best step bars/rock sliders for your money? We are going with the Sting-Gray with the black hard top and debating on black fenders or color matched at the moment!
You should have 2k in rebates and it’s available on ALL trims. Some places (like me in FL) are only seeing 1k. I do know that this current rebate ends May 3rd unless Jeep decides to extend it. You will only get the rebates that are still active the day you take delivery and sign for the Jeep, so keep that in mind when you are pricing.

Mojave is great, many get bashed for buying it because what made it pricey was the suspension setup and that’s what people screw with on Jeeps. If you get the Mojave you really should leave it as is. No spacers, no shock extensions etc. any of that screws up the thousands spent on what makes the Mojave the Mojave. Just my two cents, someone will say I’m wrong and claim spacers and shock extensions don’t mess the ride up lol
Sponsored

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
You should have 2k in rebates and it’s available on ALL trims. Some places (like me in FL) are only seeing 1k. I do know that this current rebate ends May 3rd unless Jeep decides to extend it. You will only get the rebates that are still active the day you take delivery and sign for the Jeep, so keep that in mind when you are pricing.

Mojave is great, many get bashed for buying it because what made it pricey was the suspension setup and that’s what people screw with on Jeeps. If you get the Mojave you really should leave it as is. No spacers, no shock extensions etc. any of that screws up the thousands spent on what makes the Mojave the Mojave. Just my two cents, someone will say I’m wrong and claim spacers and shock extensions don’t mess the ride up lol
If the dealer you order from is willing to do the paperwork you can get the incentives locked in.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If the dealer you order from is willing to do the paperwork you can get the incentives locked in.
How would that be possible? You have to buy the keep before it’s delivered which is not possible.

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
How would that be possible? You have to buy the keep before it’s delivered which is not possible.
They can 'check' sold order protection (has to be done at the time of sale)
Update - see tampahoosier's comment below
Jeep Gladiator Just Ordered? Check in HERE! so

Last edited:

Sponsored

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

Some dealers may be less inclined for whatever reason to set it up, but it's possible through FCA. They can lock the current incentive for you and if there's a better one by the time it delivers you can use that instead.

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They can 'check' sold order protection (has to be done at the time of sale)
sop.jpg
This is not true. That option locks in the current price of the vehicle. So in case there are price increases (as we know often times monthly) you would still be paying the price the vehicle was on the day you ordered. There is no way to lock in rebates currently available. When a rebate expires, it expires. I have triple confirmed this with folks on the inside at Stellantis, one of which is a manager over planning and production for the Wrangler and Gladiator.

Last edited:
Reactions: mog

akrkwk310

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328i xDrive sport wagon, i3 REx, Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
This is not true. That option locks in the current price of the vehicle. So in case there are price increases (as we know often times monthly) you would still be paying the price the vehicle was on the day you ordered. There is no way to lock in rebates currently available. When a rebate expires, it expires. I have triple confirmed this with folks on the inside at Stellantis, one of which is a manager over planning and production for the Wrangler and Gladiator.
It is by the law that incentives can be locked in so that the buyers can be protected. I confirmed this with FCA incentive department. You can call yourself to verify. Dealership has to do paperworks to do so.

What i did was starting a case with incentive dept after verifying incentives can be locked in then give that case number to the dealership for referral.

1-800-227-0757

CE865D5C-167E-4391-9C20-5A6C1494C7F9.png

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It is by the law that incentives can be locked in so that the buyers can be protected. I confirmed this with FCA incentive department. You can call yourself to verify. Dealership has to do paperworks to do so.

What i did was starting a case with incentive dept after verifying incentives can be locked in then give that case number to the dealership for referral.

1-800-227-0757
What “law” specifically are you claiming this ties to?? Because this is a nope nope and hard nope.

I have it on pretty good authority from several people inside that are aware and know about this. NOT someone you call on a 1-800 number. In fact, one of the two people that I asked works directly under Christian Meunière. The same contact that I reached out to and put my diesel Gladiator to the front of the line and into build just 1 day after the order was submitted. The other is a manager of planning and production for the wrangler and gladiator. I am telling you 100% without a doubt that the check Mark you are referring to is to protect you and lock in the current price. This is because keep makes several price increases, sometimes monthly. Incentives are just sales the dealer does. Think about it... How in the hell would they be required to honor a cash rebate for a vehicle you have not even purchased yet. It would literally be like suing a store for buying something full price that was on sale a week before. You’ve been mis-informed by a person on the other end of a 1-800 number. If your dealer gives you the 1k cash rebate then ask for the specific paperwork to prove it. My bet Is you left a lot of money on the table during negotiations and so the dealer was nice enough to cut 1k off in order to hook you.

I know I’m coming off like a jerk here and that’s fine if you think it. I just don’t think it’s a good idea to spread mis-information online.

akrkwk310

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
What “law” specifically are you claiming this ties to?? Because this is a nope nope and hard nope.

I have it on pretty good authority from several people inside that are aware and know about this. NOT someone you call on a 1-800 number. In fact, one of the two people that I asked works directly under Christian Meunière. The same contact that I reached out to and put my diesel Gladiator to the front of the line and into build just 1 day after the order was submitted. The other is a manager of planning and production for the wrangler and gladiator. I am telling you 100% without a doubt that the check Mark you are referring to is to protect you and lock in the current price. This is because keep makes several price increases, sometimes monthly. Incentives are just sales the dealer does. Think about it... How in the hell would they be required to honor a cash rebate for a vehicle you have not even purchased yet. It would literally be like suing a store for buying something full price that was on sale a week before. You’ve been mis-informed by a person on the other end of a 1-800 number. If your dealer gives you the 1k cash rebate then ask for the specific paperwork to prove it. My bet Is you left a lot of money on the table during negotiations and so the dealer was nice enough to cut 1k off in order to hook you.

I know I’m coming off like a jerk here and that’s fine if you think it. I just don’t think it’s a good idea to spread mis-information online.
I mean im not saying i dont trust you but i was told by the Incentive dept that incentives can be locked in. After having dealership talk to fca incentive dept, they obtained an instruction how to lock them in my order. You can call them tomorrow for yourself. Im not here to spread wrong info, just sharing my experience so people can know. Incentive dept goes by specific incentive codes rather than the name that Jeep uses on their website.

As far as dealer giving me additional $1000 per their will, i dont think its the case as I am already getting 7.6% off invoice. 7.6% off invoice plus two $1000 incentives sums $2000

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I mean im not saying i dont trust you but i was told by the Incentive dept that incentives can be locked in. After having dealership talk to fca incentive dept, they obtained an instruction how to lock them in my order. You can call them tomorrow for yourself. Im not here to spread wrong info, just sharing my experience so people can know. Incentive dept goes by specific incentive codes rather than the name that Jeep uses on their website.

As far as dealer giving me additional $1000 per their will, i dont think its the case as I am already getting 7.6% off invoice. 7.6% off invoice plus two $1000 incentives sums $2000
7.6% is fantastic! I’m at 7%
I sent your screenshot to one of the two and he highlighted all the “outs” and caveats the dealer/Stellantis has. If you can get the dealer to bite on that then hell yeah man jump on it.

I’ll be honest with you... even though I know it’s a hard no I’m bringing that screenshot and phone number to my dealer and playing dumb LOL. Worst case they say no!

akrkwk310

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
I sent your screenshot to one of the two and he highlighted all the “outs” and caveats the dealer/Stellantis has. If you can get the dealer to bite on that then hell yeah man jump on it.

I’ll be honest with you... even though I know it’s a hard no I’m bringing that screenshot and phone number to my dealer and playing dumb LOL. Worst case they say no!
Yup nothing to lose. I am long time bmw owner and it is very well known that Bmw lets you lock in not only incentives but also the special finance rate for 90days. You just have to submit a credit app to lock them in even after placing an order however Jeep only allows consumers to lock in at the time order thus cannot be locked in if dealership didnt check the box for protection and order is submitted already

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
So I ordered a pretty loaded JT Rubicon diesel the beginning of Feb. It arrived two weeks ago. This is my 37th Jeep since 1972 and so far I can tell you that this is by far the best Jeep I've ever owned. I have 329 miles of city driving and am averaging 20.1 MPG. A buddy of mine has one that has 6500 miles on it and is averaging 26 combined highway and city. Has to much more guts than the 3.6 in my Wrangler 4dr Rubi. Now that I have bumpers, winch, step sliders and other protective aftermarket gear, am taking it off road tomorrow for the 1st time.

Here is a pic with 11 miles on it about half way home from the dealer.

Jeep Gladiator Just Ordered? Check in HERE! JT2

1st JT pics.jpg

JT4.jpg

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer

My Jeep was 61,980 and I paid 52,385 with a $399 doc fee. Got the Tread Lightly Discount, the 1,000 rebate and a big dealer discount. They honored the original price when I ordered and gave me the $1000 rebate that just happened to pop up. I also got the 8 year 125K mile Maximum warranty (basically bumper to bumper) for 3,000 which was a very competitive price, the dealer said it was because there was also a Tread Lightly discount on the warranty. I had been quoted online anywhere from 3400 to 4100 for the same warranty.

palironsat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
SysAdmin
Just ordered my Sport S Max Tow (in Sarge Green) from Scott @ Covert CDJR in Austin. Got 6% below invoice w/ Tread Lightly and he was super easy to work with.

I priced him against Daniel @ Gupton, who quoted me the standard 8% below invoice. But the fees in Texas are lower, and I only have to drive 3 hours to Austin instead of 13 to Nashville, so it was really a wash for me. Daniel was also extremely responsive, and I'd recommend him to anyone at any time.

I'm in Houston, and I didn't get any love from any local dealers. But I've made the drive to and from Austin in my sleep several times, so I'm happy to get a good deal without having to go halfway across the country.

EDIT: Scott is no longer at Covert, but I'm still working with them since my JT is already being shipped and they say they'll honor the deal I worked out with him. Hope springs eternal.
Sponsored

Last edited: