Sponsored

Just ordered my ARE CX Classic...

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FINALLY!..Five month wait was worth it...looks and fits AWESOME...for all those that are patently waiting...it is worth it!...not sure why the pics rotated :(
tempImageJDPijX.png

tempImagealrtEs.png

tempImageVqtnCx.png

tempImageEoK97Q.png

tempImageupDi9q.png

tempImageoTGEwk.png

tempImageejILcp.png

tempImagesTl17Y.png
Any issues installing it with a full BedRug install?

I just ordered my Gladiator Thursday and am debating whether I should order a cap before I even get the truck. I DEFINITELY want to do a BedRug. This truck will be used to haul dogs, bikes, skis, camping gear, etc. Not to haul gravel. (I have a 5x8 utility trailer for that)
Sponsored

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
Any issues installing it with a full BedRug install?

I just ordered my Gladiator Thursday and am debating whether I should order a cap before I even get the truck. I DEFINITELY want to do a BedRug. This truck will be used to haul dogs, bikes, skis, camping gear, etc. Not to haul gravel. (I have a 5x8 utility trailer for that)
bed rug fits up under the rails so no problem with the mounting clamps. This bed rug fits way better then the one on my dually...if you are thinking about getting a cap then order NOW as it took five months for mine...yes FIVE months!...some have been lucky and got it within 3-4 months so order now!

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
So to all that are waiting on your shells let me rant a little bit..first off I LOVE LOVE my shell ..the OTR option is AWESOME the windoors are WELL worth the price of admission BUT..had it one week and the ONE day in So Cal it decided to rain and it tested the "watertightness" of my shell..well it failed..no biggie as my dealer is super cool and will resolve it but its just the lack of pride in workmanship. I paid just south of $4k for my shell and there should be ZERO reason for water to enter the shell while sitting in a driveway..driving I kinda get it as some beds aint very good at keeping air/water/dirt out whatever but sitting in a driveway with a MILD rain no bueno...A.R.E you should do better... the moral of the story is if you have a flip down front window take a peak at your seal and if it looks like mine...it WILL leak! ..A.R.E TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR STUFF PLEASE!..Rant off!

tempImageY9B0gx.png

tempImage4f3QEY.png

tempImageqqWebi.png

tempImagezqlj62.png

Sponsored

Basicjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Deputy
congrats. Pics or you were delayed by A R E like I was lol
my cap was supposed to be delivered on 10/26 but got delayed out to 11/6. I went with the sliding front window instead of the folding one and went with the slider windows with pet screens on the sides. I’ll check to see if mine leaks when it comes in and let you know if mine is any different

VabeachJT

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Publishing
Just had mine installed. Love the look, yes I would do it again … but the quality……. I would expect more for the price.
1. Paint has some imperfections (in very visible spots,)
2. Rear tailgate trim is off by a full centimeter
3. Windows… goo, scrapes/those handling clamp marks, etc… (do you guys have these?)
4. Trim doesn’t match where it should (length wise)
5. A lot of exposed white fiberglass by the tailgate
6. Stripped screw on window (wouldn’t care, but now it’s shiny aluminum vs black/very noticeable)
7. Paint match is okay. Granite crystal is hard to match- top is noticeably darker, but just a shade/not bad, just not $3k match
8. A few more that I’m probably missing ….

with all of the negatives- I’m still satisfied with it. We’ll see if the dealer is able to fix a few of the main issues (primarily the tailgate trim)

9EDD4D36-97E0-498E-A2D5-B697E6854C10.jpeg

6EFEE67E-7820-4387-8C14-FD72992D2C86.jpeg

D10589A9-4547-4B58-9455-B716E96D4705.jpeg

AC10FFFB-11AF-400E-A3AB-4D8BDCD8CE22.jpeg

Sponsored

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5; 2021 Sarge Green JT Rubicon Diesel
Just had mine installed. Love the look, yes I would do it again … but the quality……. I would expect more for the price.
1. Paint has some imperfections (in very visible spots,)
2. Rear tailgate trim is off by a full centimeter
3. Windows… goo, scrapes/those handling clamp marks, etc… (do you guys have these?)
4. Trim doesn’t match where it should (length wise)
5. A lot of exposed white fiberglass by the tailgate
6. Stripped screw on window (wouldn’t care, but now it’s shiny aluminum vs black/very noticeable)
7. Paint match is okay. Granite crystal is hard to match- top is noticeably darker, but just a shade/not bad, just not $3k match
8. A few more that I’m probably missing ….

with all of the negatives- I’m still satisfied with it. We’ll see if the dealer is able to fix a few of the main issues (primarily the tailgate trim)

Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... AC10FFFB-11AF-400E-A3AB-4D8BDCD8CE22

Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... AC10FFFB-11AF-400E-A3AB-4D8BDCD8CE22

Your top looks good in the pics. I agree with you that the attention to detail is not quite what you would expect for the price. I had to get out a black marker/paint pen to fill in some of the silver aluminum spots, and some of my grommets/connections have rust. I love the security and the accessibility, but they could definitely do a better job on QC.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Love my ARE topper. Man.. these lead times are getting bad. Glad I got mine when I did.
I like what you did with the trasharoo. I was wondering what I was gonna do with it.

Basicjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Deputy
My cap will be here today!!! Install is tomorrow. A little over a 20 week wait(~5 weeks more than estimated when ordered)

Basicjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Deputy
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... 24F1C7CD-4200-468B-AEBF-1E46416D1554
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... F3C62771-417F-4FC1-81FE-B61B9C9A001C
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... 33DA2350-3D30-4CBD-9E88-F4EB0E1C972E
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... 63DF7EC9-C195-4764-8DFA-EE5D9469BE2B
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... BCBCECFB-4044-4431-8C73-37DE7752103F

It’s finally on! I really like the looks of it overall. Not exactly sure if i like the black hard top mixed with the gobi cap. I’ll give it a while and see if it grows on me. If not I’ll be looking to either get my top paint matched or swap with someone who has a gobi top already.

Like everyone has already pointed out, there’s definitely some quality control issues. I noticed it has some paint chipping on the outside edge of the right side of mine. I have a feeling this probably happened during shipping but there’s no telling. Luckily this is the only issue I’ve found so far.

The dogs already approve. It may just be my imagination but it feels like the added weight of the cap has really settled the back end from bouncing around over bumps.
Sponsored