Sponsored

Just ordered my ARE CX Classic...

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
I have been anticipating ordering my JT with a body color top, because I will absolutely be running a topper, and I think it just looks better. More finished. That is the first black topper I've seen that I thought looks genuinely good. I'm not a fan of heat still though, and those tops tend to cook my scalp; never mind what's in the bed.

Maybe you can convince me to save some dollars though, and follow your lead. Can you post, I don't know, a billion other photos from all the angles? I need to see more of this truck.
Sponsored

Jamesj64

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1970 GMC Jimmy
I have been anticipating ordering my JT with a body color top, because I will absolutely be running a topper, and I think it just looks better. More finished. That is the first black topper I've seen that I thought looks genuinely good. I'm not a fan of heat still though, and those tops tend to cook my scalp; never mind what's in the bed.

Maybe you can convince me to save some dollars though, and follow your lead. Can you post, I don't know, a billion other photos from all the angles? I need to see more of this truck.
I ordered mine with the otr coating, basically it’s been coated with bedliner. It’s not an exact color match with the hardtop, but it’s close enough for me. I almost went body color, but I go off road so I knew I would scratch it up. With the otr coating ($450 option)I don’t have to worry about it. Also, I just went out side and compared the temp of the hardtop and the shell with my hand and the hardtop was super hot to the touch and the shell was significantly cooler, could keep my hand on with only minor discomfort. Here are some pictures I took when I brought it home on Friday.
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... D9241C3C-2961-4119-83C5-1C34A9B1BC6B
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... 3EF3350F-5A32-4D7B-A747-ACF6B8D03804
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... 05E4A028-266A-4FDF-A29A-DFAE8C62FC32
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... E5BAEFEA-CEBF-4F15-99C0-C3F956B1F96A
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... 3230A3FA-4050-42CA-8E9A-8C9A8065D361
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... E00B7D21-3033-41D1-B821-AFA1C10E2EFF

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
Ordered my ARE CX Classic April 15 and called Friday just to see if they had an estimated time. It's looking like it's going to be 2nd or 3rd week of August so 4 month. 4 months seems to be normal right now.

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5; 2021 Sarge Green JT Rubicon Diesel
Ordered March 1st as well but I'm looking at mid-July at the earliest, according to my dealer. Looks great!
I ordered in February. First they said 6-8 weeks, then they said May 21, then they said June, then June 25... I'm still waiting! I'm sure it's gonna be great, but man...

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
I ordered mine with the otr coating, basically it’s been coated with bedliner. It’s not an exact color match with the hardtop, but it’s close enough for me. I almost went body color, but I go off road so I knew I would scratch it up. With the otr coating ($450 option)I don’t have to worry about it. Also, I just went out side and compared the temp of the hardtop and the shell with my hand and the hardtop was super hot to the touch and the shell was significantly cooler, could keep my hand on with only minor discomfort. Here are some pictures I took when I brought it home on Friday.
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... E00B7D21-3033-41D1-B821-AFA1C10E2EFF
how are the clamps holding while offroad??...does the shell move around at all?..

Sponsored

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
Clamps holding with no movement off road, still very happy with the shell.
nice to hear. I ordered one exactly like yours and the 16 week+++ lead time is agonizing. I have seen a couple of older videos of this cap (post purchase :() on other vehicles and seemed to be some "build issues" Ie poor window fit rear gate fitment, Front window leaking etc ..you experience any of that?. I hope not as these aint cheap (I paid $3800.00) and nor should their build quality...hoping they stepped up their game..sorry for the 50?? :(

smoothbronco

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jt rubicon diesel
My local dealer wouldn’t order me the are topper, said the last one he ordered took almost a year to get in Canada….I’m going to order the cap it bulldog, less money and fits the cab just as well, hopefully it’s not a mistake

Basicjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Deputy
When exactly did you order yours? I ordered mine on June 25th and my dealer gave me a 15 week lead time

Jamesj64

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1970 GMC Jimmy
nice to hear. I ordered one exactly like yours and the 16 week+++ lead time is agonizing. I have seen a couple of older videos of this cap (post purchase :() on other vehicles and seemed to be some "build issues" Ie poor window fit rear gate fitment, Front window leaking etc ..you experience any of that?. I hope not as these aint cheap (I paid $3800.00) and nor should their build quality...hoping they stepped up their game..sorry for the 50?? :(
I’ve had no fitment issues or leaks. I’ve washed it several times and no water got inside the bed. I did seal around the tailgate with weather stripping which keeps the inside of the bed dust and water free.

Sponsored

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
I’ve had no fitment issues or leaks. I’ve washed it several times and no water got inside the bed. I did seal around the tailgate with weather stripping which keeps the inside of the bed dust and water free.
If you have time and the inclination, can you take some pics of the tailgate sealing you did? Also, let us know the product(s) you used? Thanks!

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
If you have time and the inclination, can you take some pics of the tailgate sealing you did? Also, let us know the product(s) you used? Thanks!
yep I would like to see that also as there us a HUGE void at the bottom of the tailgate and rear corner post,,

solfrost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator
Mine finally came in at the end of last week, and was installed yesterday afternoon -- all said and done, 20 weeks and a day from order to install. Hope everybody else that is still waiting gets their caps in soon!

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5; 2021 Sarge Green JT Rubicon Diesel
Mine finally came in at the end of last week, and was installed yesterday afternoon -- all said and done, 20 weeks and a day from order to install. Hope everybody else that is still waiting gets their caps in soon!
Pics please! Mine is supposedly in so I’m trying to schedule install. Ordered in late February…