Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
24F1C7CD-4200-468B-AEBF-1E46416D1554.jpeg
F3C62771-417F-4FC1-81FE-B61B9C9A001C.jpeg
33DA2350-3D30-4CBD-9E88-F4EB0E1C972E.jpeg
63DF7EC9-C195-4764-8DFA-EE5D9469BE2B.jpeg
BCBCECFB-4044-4431-8C73-37DE7752103F.jpeg

It’s finally on! I really like the looks of it overall. Not exactly sure if i like the black hard top mixed with the gobi cap. I’ll give it a while and see if it grows on me. If not I’ll be looking to either get my top paint matched or swap with someone who has a gobi top already.

Like everyone has already pointed out, there’s definitely some quality control issues. I noticed it has some paint chipping on the outside edge of the right side of mine. I have a feeling this probably happened during shipping but there’s no telling. Luckily this is the only issue I’ve found so far.

The dogs already approve. It may just be my imagination but it feels like the added weight of the cap has really settled the back end from bouncing around over bumps.
Congrats!!!..looks great..if you decide to paint it black go with a Matte finish wrap. Should be less expensive than paint...usually the body color shell- black Hard top combo looks goofy but this is not bad actually..Gobi is a great color which works well with black ..glad you finally got it...ps on edit do a water test before you put anything you dont want wet in there..I am still fighting the front window leak on mine :(
Sponsored

Brigrat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction Exec
Ordered mine 8/3 installed 12/22 in all fairness to ARE it was actually at the dealer for 10 days before install, I was simply working out of town. All things considered, I'm happy; the dealer does custom truck parts and has custom-built two Gladiators the 2nd of which is a Sting Grey 2021 like mine. We ordered our caps together and they took the time to make sure the trim was even and install was clean the first time so I would be happy. They know I'll be back soon for my next round of upgrades which will include lifting this thing a bit. As you can see I also added the ARE Ascend Roof Basket.
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... IMG_0475
Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... IMG_0476

Brigrat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction Exec

It’s finally on! I really like the looks of it overall. Not exactly sure if i like the black hard top mixed with the gobi cap. I’ll give it a while and see if it grows on me. If not I’ll be looking to either get my top paint matched or swap with someone who has a gobi top already.

Like everyone has already pointed out, there’s definitely some quality control issues. I noticed it has some paint chipping on the outside edge of the right side of mine. I have a feeling this probably happened during shipping but there’s no telling. Luckily this is the only issue I’ve found so far.

The dogs already approve. It may just be my imagination but it feels like the added weight of the cap has really settled the back end from bouncing around over bumps.
I agree about the change in ride, things have smoothed out nicely with the cap added, overall, I am pleased with the handling now that the added weight is back there.

Brigrat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction Exec
Do you have dimensions on the basket?
I started to measure, and you know it is really cold out... but then I remembered I have a dimensions sheet on it so here ya go... as an aside, height from ground to top of basket is just under 84" on my truck which isn't lifted yet.

Jeep Gladiator Just ordered my ARE CX Classic... ASCEND5547DimensionalDrawin

Sponsored

Conrad101st

First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Title attorney
Has gas mileage changed from what you can tell after the install; More weight vs better aerodynamics (maybe?).

OP
OP
pendragonz

pendragonz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Has gas mileage changed from what you can tell after the install; More weight vs better aerodynamics (maybe?).
I haven't noticed any change. I can feel the wind way more though, let me tell you.

Conrad101st

First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Title attorney
I’m two months into my order. Should be here in February (+/-). I’ve always had SUVs, including a 4Runner, Tahoe, ranger rover, Range rover sport, and 2 suburbans. I love the gladiator. Best truck I ever owned, but missed having an area to store my hunting gear in the fall, rather than strewn about my garage. Can’t wait to get the top.

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
I’m two months into my order. Should be here in February (+/-). I’ve always had SUVs, including a 4Runner, Tahoe, ranger rover, Range rover sport, and 2 suburbans. I love the gladiator. Best truck I ever owned, but missed having an area to store my hunting gear in the fall, rather than strewn about my garage. Can’t wait to get the top.
even though I have manufacturing issues with my top i still love it-Just majorly frustrated as it has to go back to be fixed which means BACK to ARE and not the dealer which will take over a month to get fixed. You can see what i am dealing with here:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/a-r-e-camper-shell-build-quality-is-a-joke.52320/

Last edited:

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5; 2021 Sarge Green JT Rubicon Diesel
I don't have any data, but I think my mileage has dropped a mile or so a gallon on my diesel after adding my top and Yakima Jetstream bars. I love the utility and the look with both on there, though!

Sponsored

Brigrat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction Exec
I've only driven short trips around the house since I got it, but I'm returning to my normal routine next week so I'll update in a couple of weeks once I have "back to normal" data.

SRIGGS

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Plant Manager
FINALLY!..Five month wait was worth it...looks and fits AWESOME...for all those that are patently waiting...it is worth it!...not sure why the pics rotated :(

That looks awesome! Which model is that if you don’t mind my asking

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
Love my ARE topper. Man.. these lead times are getting bad. Glad I got mine when I did.
I see multiple opinions about carrying a RTT on top of an ARE or LEER. How has yours been holding up?

Black_Widow_Overland

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/max tow, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I see multiple opinions about carrying a RTT on top of an ARE or LEER. How has yours been holding up?
Mines been great. I dont keep it on top all the time. Only put it on when im gonna be using it. I like to have my Jeep in the garage. lol. I might have my local fabricator fab up a bracket inside to help keep the weight off the top thats if i keep my rtt. Ive got a pretty nice ground tent i prefer over my rtt. I do try and watch the terrain i take with the tent up high. Ive got a bed rack i use to use before the topper. Both rack/tent are currently forsale.
Sponsored