Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Didn't Jeep make the JT's rims "stronger" for increased towing, etc? I though I read somewhere the all trims of the JT had a "stronger" wheel????
I remember hearing/reading that as well... oddly that suggests that their other wheels aren't as good. If those ugly Sport wheels when you get the Max Tow are the best for the job... they screwed up somewhere.
Sponsored

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
4-6 weeks delivery from when they say they can paint it that color??? maybe if it doesn't have a bed liner!!!!! who knows

ThomFoolery

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1978 Bandit Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
Not nearby or reasonably priced, people asking $2200+ are out of their minds, lol
Mine are for sale for much less than that. Where do you live? I’m in GA

Sponsored

OP
OP
ohiobrad

ohiobrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
4-6 weeks delivery from when they say they can paint it that color??? maybe if it doesn't have a bed liner!!!!! who knows
I may get it a little sooner since I live in Columbus, which is only ~1.5 hours from Toledo? Don't know.

He told me that the estimated start date for the orange Gladiators is July 15th. He will place the order that day.

Can't wait.

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
They’ll be a wait baby! Just wait Ohio, NJ, CA, FL don’t matter they gotta bolt that turd together. As long as you miss the rail stuff you might be ok

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
cant you do a jeep tour and pickup at the toledo factory. Idk i didnt look it up just heard its a thing for wrangler once. Toledo too far for me.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
cant you do a jeep tour and pickup at the toledo factory. Idk i didnt look it up just heard its a thing for wrangler once. Toledo too far for me.

Heavens no....but I WISH that was a thing. They barely even let media inside the factory, and then in restricted areas, from what I understand

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Given how basically a Jeep is made, I should be able to pay a little more and move with my Jeep through the assembly process, helping in each phase. Start bolting the add ons right there on the line.

Now that would be a great factory pick up option.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Heavens no....but I WISH that was a thing. They barely even let media inside the factory, and then in restricted areas, from what I understand
Why is that? Child slave labor?

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
I get the attraction of the Rubicon, but it just wasn't worth the increase in cost for me. I'd feel guilty buying a machine that is so tricked out for off roading when I'm using it for city driving 99% of the time. For those Gladiator buyers that truly offroad, I'm sure they will love the Rubicon. It is badass.

I loved having the manual in my '89 Wrangler and never wanted another Jeep unless it was a stick. Not only did it save me $2,000, several of the pricey add-on's became a no-go (remote start, etc.). I was never going to get lane assist and some of these other modern touches. It's a JEEP for crying out loud.

I paid for the 7" touchscreen and better stereo. Heated seats and steering wheel. Spray-in bed liner. I was never going to get leather seats with this vehicle. Once I took those out of the equation, the interior finishes of the Sport aren't much different at all from the pricier models. I definitely wanted the hard top. My Wrangler was a soft top and I had no problems with it, but I was 25 and single. I'm already looking into installing the ceiling system in my garage to hang the hard top.
I have the HARKEN Jeep Hardtop hoist and loved it for my Wrangler. I'm just wondering how it'll work on the Gladiator top since the back glass doesn't flip open. I could probably rig it a different way to lift the top though.

jeannac10

First Name
Jeanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I went to my Jeep dealer today, planning to order the Punk'n Metallic Overland, but ended up changing my mind after seeing the different models on the lot. Once I looked at and Overland up close, I felt the wheels looked too small for the truck. I also didn't feel the finishes in the Overland made much of a difference with those in the Sport. I was bracing myself with having to shell out the extra $$ for the Rubicon, but then spotted a Sport that the Rubicon wheels and tires installed. I took the Sport for a spin and was happy with how it felt with the larger wheels and tires. It was super windy today and it it was fine on the freeway.

I also thought going in I would want the same color fenders and hard top (Overland), but I really like the look of the black instead. No matte what I was going to order the 5 speed. My previous Wrangler was a manual and I just couldn't see myself driving the automatic. I also don't ever plan to tow anything heavy, so I wasn't concerned about the decreased towing capacity with the stick.

The dealer can't place the order until the factory starts running that color, but it looks like July 15th, it will be placed. After that, we are looking at 4-6 weeks for delivery. Can't wait.

(Attaching the pic of the white Sport with the Rubicon wheels and tires)

upload_2019-6-13_17-48-30.png
That is exciting! Did you receive your Punk'n Jeep yet? I haven't seen any out at the dealers yet and wondering if you have it already? If so could you please post a picture for us, if not can you share when they expect to have it to you, or what stage of the ordering process it is currently in? Thank you so much, as I just ordered a Punk'n Sport S and was hoping to hear from someone who received it and see a picture!

OP
OP
ohiobrad

ohiobrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Yes. I absolutely love it.. Until the clutch went out Monday and I had to have it towed and the dealer is telling me it's going to be another week before they have the part and they don't know why the clutch would fail after 458 miles and yeah.. I'm just realllllllly hoping this is a 1 off..

Punkn 4.jpg
Sponsored