Sponsored

KBD Fender Flares

98coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks. Really like the look. Definitely ordering the fenders.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I recently installed a set of these. For the price they are great!

pros:
-Price
-Ease of installation
-Look great
-Included DRL that is plug and play(with Tazer)
-did I mention price

cons:
-Light looks/feels cheap, and the DRL is more blue than white
-Finish. They look great when shined up with tire shine etc, but when ā€œdryā€ they have a raw look to them. I would plan to have them coated.
Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares 97B4F255-5F67-4F93-B377-F3ACD9935AA1

Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares 5B4A4A31-30D1-4893-AAFE-92C9AB917289

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with all the pros and cons above.
One other con is that there should be more points of attachment specifically at the bottom of the front fender. There is kind of a big piece of plastic covering some factory sheet metal that isnā€™t attached at the front edge. There is already a hole in the body so one in the flares would of been nice. Easy enough to add though. Mine are coming off to do my front inner fenders and Iā€™ll add this hole myself, but would of been nice to already be there.

Also the finish with whatever release agent they used will not allow a wrap to be applied. Cleaning and heat were both tried and my local wrap shop couldnā€™t get anything to stick well. So Iā€™m leaving mine unfinished for a year to let the surface rough up a bit before having them wrapped to match

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I agree with all the pros and cons above.
One other con is that there should be more points of attachment specifically at the bottom of the front fender. There is kind of a big piece of plastic covering some factory sheet metal that isnā€™t attached at the front edge. There is already a hole in the body so one in the flares would of been nice. Easy enough to add though. Mine are coming off to do my front inner fenders and Iā€™ll add this hole myself, but would of been nice to already be there.

Also the finish with whatever release agent they used will not allow a wrap to be applied. Cleaning and heat were both tried and my local wrap shop couldnā€™t get anything to stick well. So Iā€™m leaving mine unfinished for a year to let the surface rough up a bit before having them wrapped to match
I forgot about that front ā€œflapā€ under the fender that covers the otherwise exposed body panels. I ended up putting some black self tapping screws to either side of their logo where the circles are.
You can kind of see them in this pic if you zoom in
Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares BB91EDBB-067E-4DE6-A73E-4FAF9204C0B1

Sponsored

bigsend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Iā€™m not biggest fan of the LED light on the front flair, it seems like an after-thought. Iā€™m on my second set of lights after water corroded and subsequently shorted the LEDs/board.

Also, their finish canā€™t be painted with normally automotive paint, there is surface pitting on the edges of each flair.

Their customer service is absolutely great however Iā€™d recommend another set of flairs like Motobilt, Nemesis or GenRight.

Oldman_josh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Just installed mine today, fit and finish of the flare is pretty good and all but 1 hole lined up.

The led / lens is a little cheap but if the strip burns out it will be an easy swap.
Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares 20211010_150727

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Not a great picture, but here ya go.

Jeep Gladiator KBD Fender Flares 20211010_150727
Do you have any more pictures of your setup? I was trying to search on the forum. I think I read you have the Clayton 2.5 inch lift with 37's? I ordered the same kit, but doing 40's with a fender chop. Love the setup!

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Well, this ended my search. I'll order these as soon as they are in stock

Do the stock inner liners work or do I have to start shopping for some of those as well?

gecko_rubi

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜81 CJ-5, ā€˜05 LJ, ā€˜21 JTRD
Occupation
Architect
Well, this ended my search. I'll order these as soon as they are in stock

Do the stock inner liners work or do I have to start shopping for some of those as well?
What did you find out about the inners?

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What did you find out about the inners?
Based on design I dont think the stock inners would work well. Mine were already long gone when i got the KBD flares, but the stock inners being floppy & wouldnt have much to attach them to other then pinching them between the KBD flares & the body. Would require more trimming then I would want to spend the time on. Cheap inners can be found for most shock configurations pretty easily.

gecko_rubi

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜81 CJ-5, ā€˜05 LJ, ā€˜21 JTRD
Occupation
Architect
Based on design I dont think the stock inners would work well. Mine were already long gone when i got the KBD flares, but the stock inners being floppy & wouldnt have much to attach them to other then pinching them between the KBD flares & the body. Would require more trimming then I would want to spend the time on. Cheap inners can be found for most shock configurations pretty easily.
Thank you. Just picked up a set of DV8 front inners so probably should look at getting the rears then too.

10 months later are you happy with the fenders? I like the look - honestly the low price is what has me nervous (and the comments about the blue tint of the light). Iā€™ve never seen these in person.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. Just picked up a set of DV8 front inners so probably should look at getting the rears then too.

10 months later are you happy with the fenders? I like the look - honestly the low price is what has me nervous (and the comments about the blue tint of the light). Iā€™ve never seen these in person.
You dont really need rear inner fenders. There is very little to protect. They clean things up some, but not mission critical.

And yes I am happy with the fenders still. I got the first run (being as I ordered before they even had JT pictures). My lights in them all went out over the winter. Was a known issue with the first gen. KBD took care of me on it. But before they did I ordered some straight amber LED's & sealed the hell out of them with hot glue & have liked them better then the stock DRL's. I have DRL's in my headlights anyway so I dont have to worry about the blue anymore. The only think I would like better is if these came with no lights at all. Turn signals could be from switchback DRL's in the headlights or some other stand along indicators instead of the fenders. I get why they do it, but they would be perfect for my preference then.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I was planning on installing tomorrow with the front stock ones but now you have me 2nd guessing. I think I might order some inner fenders

I haven't taken fenders apart before so I have two questions

1. if I was to trim the stockers to fit the KBDs, I'd have to pinch them between the flares and the body? There's no other attachments?
2. If I put on the KBDs without the inners, would I have to remove them again to install inners?
Sponsored