Sponsored

Keeping the tires and wheels stock?

marcwithac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
I'm confused. You bought another set of sport S wheels and tires for $300? Why?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Whatscooking

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Chorkee. 2004 Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
Cost per mile

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 18" Overland wheels with street tires. At 20 months, with 17k miles, they show minor wear. I was looking at some AT tires, when it's time to replace them, but I can get a new set of Overland tires and wheels for less than the new AT tires will cost.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I have the 18" Overland wheels with street tires. At 20 months, with 17k miles, they show minor wear. I was looking at some AT tires, when it's time to replace them, but I can get a new set of Overland tires and wheels for less than the new AT tires will cost.

This ^^^^

Drive on what you bought at dealer. When the time comes you need new rubber you can get practically new take offs for next to nothing compared to new rubber. Plus you'll get the wheels, the tires, lug nuts, and TPMS.
If you want the Rubicon wheel at the time, figure on around $1000-$1200 for the set. Before you bitch about that cost, price JUST the tires you think you might want, then add in mount and balance and disposal fees.

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I did - kept the Overland rim and slapped on Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75/18s... :involve:
Let’s see how it looks!

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I also got a set of spare wheels/tires for 300. However, I wanted more snow and trail capability as well as regular street use. so I traded in both sets of tires at the local Discount Tire towards Falken Wildpeak AT3W in the somewhat larger and heavier 255-80-17. For hunting trips, I wanted to (and did) retain mpg traveling, while having tires that would not fail me on a rocky trail. I thought about taking several spares of the stock tires but decided instead to have a spare I would never need to use instead of several spares that I would probably need.

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I run 'seasonal' sets of tires :) Falken AT3's (33") from Sept through March and stock Bridgestone AT's the warmer months. I LOVE the Bridgestone's. Quiet, ride well, good MPG look nice. And, can get a new take off set for about $300.
Jeep Gladiator Keeping the tires and wheels stock? 20210219_161841
Jeep Gladiator Keeping the tires and wheels stock? 20210208_141100

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I'm still on stock rims and wheels but, looking for Mojave rim and tire take offs. Luck Is not on my side!!
This is what I did. Still my favorite upgrade. I had to drive from Dallas to Houston to get them, but it was so worth it.

Sponsored

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
I'm staying stock until the original tires are bald. Then I'm putting on some better tires in OEM size.

I have a JKR to throw money at.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Did someone say stock? 😳😳😳

What is this “stock” you speak of 🤔🤔😁

Bwhahahahahah.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
A "surprise" reason to keep factory tires and rims vs warranty issue, with dealership's refusing due to being changed. I stopped by dealership yesterday to ask about the steering gearbox replacement on my JT first thing I got was you have changed tires rims and lifted it. No replacement. My response was no lift OEM tires and rims. Oh your going to have to check with parts department. Parts department starts same thing. Then what's your VIN number. So I'm sticking with stock for now especially until I get the steering gearbox changed.

I didn't buy my JT for the warranty I got it to not need, but it's still in the development year(s) of production. So.... Like the JK was in 07, YJ, XJ/MJ or any other new vehicle can be.

Last edited: