First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
I just happened upon this thread. Thanks for the heads up, I'm pulling the trigger.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
For people wanting to estimate clearance differences when considering tire change:

The number you are looking for is "static loaded radius". That number will give you the closest thing to an accurate number as you're going to get (and it is still subjective)

Diameters are routinely rounded up 35,36,37 whatever are rarely if ever actual representations of the tires diameter.

But let's say they are :
31" to 35" total 4"
Divide that total by 2
Now load that tire
That will be your actual change

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
For people wanting to estimate clearance differences when considering tire change:

The number you are looking for is "static loaded radius". That number will give you the closest thing to an accurate number as you're going to get (and it is still subjective)

Diameters are routinely rounded up 35,36,37 whatever are rarely if ever actual representations of the tires diameter.

But let's say they are :
31" to 35" total 4"
Divide that total by 2
Now load that tire
That will be your actual change
the equivalent increase in clearance should be the same. The 31” tire under load will have a smaller diameter than 31” just like a 35” tire under load will be smaller than 35”. The ratio of loss should be approximately the same.

My oem tires were 30” on the JT. Let me go measure my 35s

looks like they are just under 34

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I have been buying tires for my off-road rigs for 30 years and have learned if you want a certain height tire you buy one inch bigger.

Lesson learned hopefully without being disappointed ever time you throw tires on and learn they are an inch smaller.

Trust me. Go one inch above your desired goal.

I love these 35", I mean 34" tires!

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
the equivalent increase in clearance should be the same. The 31” tire under load will have a smaller diameter than 31” just like a 35” tire under load will be smaller than 35”. The ratio of loss should be approximately the same.

My oem tires were 30” on the JT. Let me go measure my 35s

looks like they are just under 34
Not necessarily, longer sidewalls will flex more at the same pressure generically speaking at the same pressure and load so no there isn't really a direct linear comparison that can be drawn.

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
I was waiting for Friday to order mine :headbang:...... Guess I'm going to have to waited out.. Again.

Sponsored

JJmoto

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Decided to get them from Carid. Bought them Wednesday not long after I made the last post and they arrived yesterday. I'll post pics after install. I'm impressed with the tread depth.

Jeep Gladiator Kenda Klever R/T KR601 35x10.50R17 2020-06-21a
They’re a great tire. Good choice.
Enjoy...

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Decided to get them from Carid. Bought them Wednesday not long after I made the last post and they arrived yesterday. I'll post pics after install. I'm impressed with the tread depth.

Jeep Gladiator Kenda Klever R/T KR601 35x10.50R17 2020-06-21a
Can’t wait to see them on. I am extremely happy with these tires. You can’t beat the price and quality is great so far. Post some pics when you can!

OP
OP
Digger70

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Got them mounted today. Pretty sweet. I really don't notice the extra 20lbs per tire weight but they are stiffer as a D compared to the SL Cooper tires I had before. I had them set at 34 psi but my tpms monitor is all wonky and shows 2 of them at 29 psi so I'll check the pressure out tomorrow and also set the speedometer after doing a measurement. I hope the stick on balancing weights don't fall off like the last time.

20200622_165255aa1024.jpg
Sponsored